• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
"Well, it's official: murder is now legal in the state of California".

He did it. And his lawyers were pretty much perfect to get the job done...sadly.
Rip Nicole and Ron.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The car chase and trial changed our culture as it proved how much the public was thirsty for drama and reality tv.

As for the trial itself, I don't think there was ever an instance of a prosecutor's office botching a high-profile case that bad.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
The LAPD had him dead to rights, but that wasn't good enough for them. So the racist cops running the show Keystone Copped a bunch of unnecessary evidence, and it was obvious they had been tampering with it. So he gets off the criminal trial, but the Goldman's cleaned him out out at the civil trial.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
HOLY SHIT!!!

All these years I was totally sure that OJ did it. I had never even heard of Jason Simpson before...

Because of your post I did a bit of googling and found this:

Now I am not so sure that OJ did it, but I still think he tampered with the crime scene - probably to protect his son...
This is really interesting. Did someone make a documentary on this info? I recall watching something focusing on Jason.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Prosecutor fucked up having him try on the gloves. I'm pretty sure I can contort my hand in way to make every pair of gloves appear to not fit.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually on the "OJ is innocent of the murder, but conspired to cover it up" train.
There's an interesting theory that Jason Simpson was responsible, which would explain a lot of that.
Yep, that's where I'm at with my belief (which ultimately means very little) too.

OJ's son had similar motivations to OJ.
OJ's son allegedly had rage issues and was "stabby" (having threatened multiple people with knives).
OJ's son was allegedly off his meds.

Ron Goldman knew karate and allegedly connected with his attacker hard enough to cause severe bruising and maybe even fractured or broken bones.
No such injuries were discovered on OJ (just a cut on his hand, which apparently doesn't correlate to any cut through the bloody gloves).
Nobody from the LAPD ever looked at OJ's son, because the LAPD was too busy planting DNA evidence and trying to frame OJ.

If we try to look past the LAPD's crime scene tampering, there does seem to be some evidence that OJ was at least present at the scene of the crime, but that would be consistent with OJ running to the scene to pick up his son, to try and cover up his son's crimes.

I don't believe it's a case of "the LAPD framed a guilty man, so their heart was in the right place, but he got off on a technicality since they were wrong for trying to frame him", I think the LAPD completely fucked everything up.

If this is true, then Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman have never seen the slightest bit of justice, and the civil suit against OJ was yet another injustice (one which OJ personally absorbed, because he was unwilling to throw his son under the bus).

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
That was also super annoying, dude wanted to be white so bad.

OJ: "What are all these n****** doing in Brentwood?"

Damn racist ass LAPD helping him walk free.

Well that was the weird thing about this case: as racist as the LAPD generally were/are, they were mostly starstruck and solicitous of OJ. Officers would regularly hang out at his house, cut him slack during the multiple domestic abuse calls, and kissed his ass while reluctantly bringing him in and interviewing him about the murders.

Much like the man himself wanted, they didn't see him as black: he was OJ.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OJ Simpson is guilty, but his lawyers smartly made it a trial on the LAPD, which there was no way the LAPD could win, as they were worse than OJ.

Oct 29, 2017
I hate the media circus that it was turned into, and how it is only still relevant because reporters and Hollywood want to keep making money off of it.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
He of course did it. This could be one of the few cases ever where the person got away with it because they were black though. It became more than about the murders.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think he did it but from what I remember the LAPD and the prosecution managed to score numerous own goals.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I believe he did it and I agree with the modern consensus that the prosecution made several key errors and the defense wisely turned it into a trial against the LAPD.

With how awful the Rodney King incident was and the long, long, LONG racist history of the LAPD, I don't really blame large swathes of black america for siding with OJ at the time. Symbolically, him walking is a huge middle finger to that awful organization and I think is something that changed them for the better in the long run. Not to excuse what (I believe) OJ did but I have a very easy time empathizing with those who defend him and I totally get the frustration.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Yep, that's where I'm at with my belief (which ultimately means very little) too.

OJ's son had similar motivations to OJ.
OJ's son allegedly had rage issues and was "stabby" (having threatened multiple people with knives).
OJ's son was allegedly off his meds.

Ron Goldman knew karate and allegedly connected with his attacker hard enough to cause severe bruising and maybe even fractured or broken bones.
No such injuries were discovered on OJ (just a cut on his hand, which apparently doesn't correlate to any cut through the bloody gloves).
Nobody from the LAPD ever looked at OJ's son, because the LAPD was too busy planting DNA evidence and trying to frame OJ.

If we try to look past the LAPD's crime scene tampering, there does seem to be some evidence that OJ was at least present at the scene of the crime, but that would be consistent with OJ running to the scene to pick up his son, to try and cover up his son's crimes.

I don't believe it's a case of "the LAPD framed a guilty man, so their heart was in the right place, but he got off on a technicality since they were wrong for trying to frame him", I think the LAPD completely fucked everything up.

If this is true, then Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman have never seen the slightest bit of justice, and the civil suit against OJ was yet another injustice (one which OJ personally absorbed, because he was unwilling to throw his son under the bus).

Yep. Unfortunately the only information we have on Jason Simpson is from a third party private investigator who used some pretty questionable means to gain the info he did, since (once again) the LAPD fucked everything up by never actually interviewing the guy, because they were so certain it was OJ and couldn't possibly be anything else.

We know these things:

Jason Simpson attended Army/Navy military academy and was a running back for their football team before graduating and attending USC. Simpson dropped out of USC due to academic issues.

Physically, he was just as imposing as his father was and there are credible reports that hand to hand combat was part of his curriculum at Army/Navy academy, including knife combat. Jason simpson is on the right.

simpson-and-nicole-brown-simpson-walk-the-red-carpet-with-their-picture-id904355594

At the time the killings occurred, Jason was on probation for assault with a deadly weapon. He had assaulted at least one previous girlfriend and an employer with....knife attacks.

Jason simpson was prescribed Depakote, and had admitted himself to the ER months earlier for rage issues and hallucinations when he had run out of it. In addition to the assaults, Simpson had a history of multiple suicide attempts and similar erratic behavior. Also notable: 4 Months after the murders, Simpson was arrested for ramming his jeep into the back of another vehicle at 2am, driving without a license, and fleeing the scene.

Simpson had stopped taking Depakote a couple months prior to when the murders occurred.

4f870ab569beddae05000017

A bloody glove (that didn't fit OJ) and a knit cap (that OJ claimed also "looked too small") were found at the crime scene. Photos of Jason Simpson exist wearing a similar knit cap found at the scene.

Nicole Brown Simpson had scheduled a dinner at Jason's restaurant the night the murders occurred, but canceled that reservation and never arrived.

No knife consistent with the attacks was ever found at the home of OJ Simpson. Jason simpson as a chef was known to own a set of chefs knives, which he would have had on him at the time of the murders (Jason was working that day, but there is evidence he left work early). Again, Jason Simpson has a history of knife attacks on other people.

Despite signs of a struggle on the hands/fists of Ron Goldman (who was a third degree black belt) there were no wounds at all consistent with a fight on the body of OJ simpson. The only injury OJ had was a small cut to a finger- which was not consistent with any damage to the glove found at the scene.

Even if you don't buy that Jason Simpson did it, NOBODY EVER BOTHERING TO INTERVIEW THIS DUDE AT ALL is ridiculous.

Last edited:

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
He of course did it. This could be one of the few cases ever where the person got away with it because they were black though. It became more than about the murders.

How did he get away with it because he was black? Is it because he had 8 black jurors just an fyi black people send black people to prison everyday. Speaking of the jury I have never seen the amount of blatant disrespect of a jury as was shown to this one. I wonder why that is?

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017

Hoo boy.....

Yeah, it's because OJ was black that he was found not guilty. It totally had nothing to do with the very racist [mostly White] LAPD bungling the investigation beyond belief...

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoo boy.....

Yeah, it's because OJ was black that he was found not guilty. It totally had nothing to do with the very racist [mostly White] LAPD bungling the investigation beyond belief...

It's not an entirely crazy idea. OJ is 100% guilty. However, the LAPD is racist as fuck. So of course they try to frame him, perhaps before realizing just how obvious his guilt is. They bungle the framing horrendously. The things both of you are saying in this post are concordant.

If the suspect in this crime was some random white guy, the LAPD probably just investigates as normal and there's really nowhere for the defense to go.

Nobody is out here trying to say that being black is generally advantageous in the criminal justice system. At least I hope not.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
He's guilty as shit, but that's on LAPD for fucking that up.
And it's on... you know, him. For killing and all that. LAPD's incompetence was beyond hilarious anyway. Trying to frame a guilty person out of racism and ending up getting him free is incredible. Someone should make a show out of it.

Nov 3, 2017
Comments like this are extremely obnoxious. Just a heads up.

Really?

Could you expand on this a little? I'm agreeing that the documentary is an exhaustive look at the subject, and it's obvious that OJ Simpson murdered these 2 people.

Please tell me you've actually watched it, and are not just being obnoxious for no real reason.

Oct 26, 2017
Yep. Unfortunately the only information we have on Jason Simpson is from a third party private investigator who used some pretty questionable means to gain the info he did, since (once again) the LAPD fucked everything up by never actually interviewing the guy, because they were so certain it was OJ and couldn't possibly be anything else.

We know these things:

Jason Simpson attended Army/Navy military academy and was a running back for their football team before graduating and attending USC. Simpson dropped out of USC due to academic issues.

Physically, he was just as imposing as his father was and there are credible reports that hand to hand combat was part of his curriculum at Army/Navy academy, including knife combat. Jason simpson is on the right.

simpson-and-nicole-brown-simpson-walk-the-red-carpet-with-their-picture-id904355594

At the time the killings occurred, Jason was on probation for assault with a deadly weapon. He had assaulted at least one previous girlfriend and an employer with....knife attacks.

Jason simpson was prescribed Depakote, and had admitted himself to the ER months earlier for rage issues and hallucinations when he had run out of it. In addition to the assaults, Simpson had a history of multiple suicide attempts and similar erratic behavior. Also notable: 4 Months after the murders, Simpson was arrested for ramming his jeep into the back of another vehicle at 2am, driving without a license, and fleeing the scene.

Simpson had stopped taking Depakote a couple months prior to when the murders occurred.

4f870ab569beddae05000017

A bloody glove (that didn't fit OJ) and a knit cap (that OJ claimed also "looked too small") were found at the crime scene. Photos of Jason Simpson exist wearing a similar knit cap found at the scene.

Nicole Brown Simpson had scheduled a dinner at Jason's restaurant the night the murders occurred, but canceled that reservation and never arrived.

No knife consistent with the attacks was ever found at the home of OJ Simpson. Jason simpson as a chef was known to own a set of chefs knives, which he would have had on him at the time of the murders (Jason was working that day, but there is evidence he left work early). Again, Jason Simpson has a history of knife attacks on other people.

Despite signs of a struggle on the hands/fists of Ron Goldman (who was a third degree black belt) there were no wounds at all consistent with a fight on the body of OJ simpson. The only injury OJ had was a small cut to a finger- which was not consistent with any damage to the glove found at the scene.

Even if you don't buy that Jason Simpson did it, NOBODY EVER BOTHERING TO INTERVIEW THIS DUDE AT ALL is ridiculous.
Ok. Someone come in here and explain why this is all conspiracy theory bullshit, because I don't want to fall down a rabbit hole. And this hole looks damn interesting to me. What am I missing?

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a face. It was a mockery of justice, of the criminal justice system, and two people who were brutally murdered were denied justice. Everyone involved should be embarrassed and ashamed, particularly Judge Lance Ito and the DA's office.