• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Personally i always found RGBs tacky turn off every RGB on my PC and peripherals that come with it though i turn it on my keyboard when the room gets dark of course to see the lettering clearly that serves a purpose, even then it's just a static colour not random colours flashing

I'd guess the majority of people here likes the RGBs that's fine, there's RGB in everything nowadays even mouse bungees that's crazy lol wonder what they'll come up with next
giphy.gif

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I upgraded my PC recently and now have a lot of RGB parts... Which I turned off immediately. It's just not something I'm into / don't really get the appeal in general.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it can be tastefully done, but I can't fathom having it on all the damn time. I have a wraith Prism cpu cooler and, while it was cool at first, I immediately disabled it.

KingBrave

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got a new PC last week and the fans are all RGB and I don't mind it as much as I thought I would.

Apr 9, 2018
Just bought all my parts for a new build, and avoided it like the plague, even got the most plain monolith of a case possibly

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I install the software of the component in question just to turn them off, then I delete it forever.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Man, I can't stand the basic MOBO status light on mine. I'd turn RGB stuff off ASAP.

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
If its uniform it can be pleasing on the eye. If it's rainbow coloured puke and different shades and intensities then it's a big nope.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
No thanks. It's not just the RGB lights but RGB control software like ASUS Armoury Crate and drivers are just horrible.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought an opaque case. Screw RGB stuff.

..although it's useful for a keyboard and mouse to find stuff in the dark.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't care for it (my case came with 2 ARGB fans and I turned them to white since the AIO pump and the GPU have white leds) but at the end of the day, this is a personal thing. If you like RGB, good, if you don't, good as well.

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017
Using RGB to color match everything with solid lighting? Cool!

Full blown rainbow RGB with flashing strobe lights and effects? Not so much

But its all personal preference, to each their own

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Did you know that purple is not a real colour? There's no purple on the colour spectrum. It's all in your head.

Oct 29, 2017
Having some light inside the case isn't a bad thing. Things only look better with good light. Anything that doesn't let you control the color gotta go tho.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Don't mind it on keyboard or mouse, rather minimal lights at all on the system. At least there's usually a way to turn it off or make it a single colour.

tedrotheredro

Oct 30, 2017
Nashville
I found it tacky at first, but I've learned to lean into it since it seems to be included on everything nowadays. But I try to keep it relatively tasteful and not too many strobes.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I like a backlit keyboard. On Linux controlling the lights are a hassle because of all the proprietary systems. I wish manual shutoff switches were more common.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I have a plain black PC, with no RGB. My mobo has some but you can't see them. I'd disconnect the power button LED if I could get away with it to be honest. None of my keyboards have LED's either. I hate them.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
If people are into it, more power to them. Personally, my current PC has a fully closed case, not even a glass panel. It sits on a little build-in underneath the desk actually. It does what it needs to do. I don't need glowing fans to remind me that I'm using a PC.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I think some companies go overboard (do I really need RGB on my headphone stand?) but I think it can be done tastefully.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan of the default rainbow mode, just feels like a showfloor demo thing. I've kept my colors to a matching theme in my builds, obviously easy to swap around in software.

These days the lighting is almost always off, but I'd probably use it more if it was synced to my other timed lights. Probably not worth the effort, I'd probably just get a nicer fully enclosed case.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
I got used to them. I definitely prefer a color or two on steady versus a pulsing rainbow of rainbow ejaculate like what's in the OP.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
My PC has some RGB. There's a tiny bit on my board, which is honestly so hard to see it's almost pointless (it basically just illuminates part of the mobo tray which is... why? You can't see it!), there's a tiny, tiny bit on my GPU (literally just the Gigabyte lettering), and then I have a Wraith Prism cooler. I never see any of that, because the only side of my PC I see is the front.

All my fans are RBG though (3 front, 1 rear), and I just have them locked on a cool blue colour. That's enough for me.

I don't mind some bits and pieces on my actual PC lighting up, but I fail to see the appeal of it on accessories. Those get turned off (especially the rings on my headset, I can't even see those, what's the point!?).

Oct 29, 2017
I don't even have my power led connected. I just want it to be a silent and almost invisible machine tucked away in a corning and doing its duty.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Have all mine turned to purple/light pink along with my Odyssey G7 and a couple of accent Hue lights and I quite like it. Great lighting adds to the space and mine does in a dark room.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
My opinion is that I'm not up in people's houses, so why should I give a shit if they like to customize colors on their PC gear?

My gaming laptop has per-key RGB and it is fun to play with, so I do.

People get so snooty about something so benign.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Only RGB thing I use on my computers (right now) is the mouse and I just leave it as some unoffensive pattern or glow for accent. If I end up having RGB stuff on my next build I'm likely going to just turn it off or leave it set to just purple (or hope it's possible to do in in Linux since some OEMs are dicks about this).

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
From my experiences, I really disliked this RGB lights because there is no good software for it. Whether Masterplus or Fusion, they all just not good and lacks of customization and can be buggy too.

However, I am not really a fanatic of this RGB light setup, and I have not spend a lot with expensive RGB fans, light strip and such.

I only turn them on, sometimes just to see how much dust inside my case that have been accumulated so far. Or just to highlight something inside, maybe there might be insects or some random stuff stuck in there.