• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think of RE 6

• 10/10

Votes: 17 3.5%
  • 9/10

Votes: 25 5.2%
  • 8/10

Votes: 75 15.6%
  • 7/10

Votes: 69 14.3%
  • 6/10

Votes: 107 22.2%
  • 5/10 and below

Votes: 188 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NovusTerminus

May 24, 2018
I have to give it two separate scores.

9/10 as an action shooter, for it's mobile gun play and set pieces being fun (The Haos fight is one of my favorite bosses ever)

As a Resident Evil I give it a 6/10
No horror really at all, but still a fun game that had an interesting story, and I loved the split campaign and how they all came together.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
I've tried at least 10 times to finish it. I can't. It sucks too much man. After Leon's campaign I get bored tf out of my mind.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I get why it kinda sucks, but I've had some fun with it. Didn't play it on release, went back a few years later with my expectations in check and managed to have a good time. Mercenaries had me hooked for a bit

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The controls are some of the best shooter controls ever made but I think the level design completely works against them to make the player play the game in the most boring way possible. The only way to get any enjoyment out of it is to play mercenaries.

It's the only game I legitimately hate because of the wasted potential.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best 3rd person shooter.
Better than re5.
Helps identify crazy people who state re revelations > re6.

Sargerus

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shit/10. The lowest point of the franchise. Glad those dark times are over.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Hot garbage at every aspect i care about, i didn't even like the controls that some people praise, one of the worst games i have played that has such high production values. After multiple tries over the years i finally finished it, even saw tutorials and played some mercenaries mode to get better with the controls so that i can have some fun but the game is just awful.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A great-controlling 3rd person shooter, but a godawful Resident Evil game. The level design sucks ass too.

Only play it for Mercenaries mode.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's neither a trash fire or a masterpiece to me. It was a 6/10. Serviceable but I don't feel an incredible desire to go back to it. I did for CVX but that was because I forgot why I stopped playing it in the first place

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Shit/10. The lowest point of the franchise. Glad those dark times are over.
YoshinoriOno-2.jpg

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I really, really wanted to like it based on what its defenders praise about it, but couldn't. The campaign is just dreadful and I don't think the weapon feedback is satisfying enough.

Jan 21, 2019
Great action game, the hate is undeserved. I love that the resident evil series has covered all angles of horror from survival to action.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
How was Revalations 2 in comparison to 1. Dont care about the story (I think most RE stories are garbagio). Revalations 1 was almost amazing to me.

A budget big-console RE title that successfully merge horror and action. You can see the game had smaller budget than RE5 or RE6 at every step: graphics, animations, controls etc. But as a game it's better than Revelation 1 (with much better story), and as a horror it's much better than RE5 and 6.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was best when it wasn't lying to itself about what kind of game it was. In other words, Chris's campaign, with all of it's crazy guns and explosions, was when the game was most fun. Leon's campaign was straight trash and probably the single worst campaign route out of any numbered RE game. Jake's campaign had some highs, but a lot of lows. Kind of a mixed bag. I honestly don't remember Ada's much at all.

All in all, it's not a particularly good game, certainly not a good RE, but there are moments where it embraced its absurd over-the-top foundation where it shined. And that was mostly in Chris's campaign.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I enjoyed my time with it playing co-op.

It has some of the worst split-screen configurations though.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
It's the gaming equivalent of the "100 games in 1" console that's sold in the middle of an empty shopping mall for $20 that contains all those shitty incomplete atari knock off games.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It's far too long for what's mostly an on rails action game, the Leon campaign on it's own would have been enough honestly.

Even if you wanted an over the top action romp with wrestling take downs the boss fights all sucked

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking fun. Sloppy in parts but it's peak action RE.

The 5/10 or below winning is hilarious. The game is not that fucking bad but it's almost a meme that it's treated like this barely playable thing on this forum.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Funny, that's always the one I quit playing every time I pick it up.

Are you sure your taste buds are functional! I would go get that checked out.

Personally, Chris' is the worst but not because it's bad; it's the most cohesive out of the four actually - but because it's the biggest genre deviation where the game becomes a genre I don't enjoy.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure your taste buds are functional! I would go get that checked out.

Personally, Chris' is the worst but not because it's bad; it's the most cohesive out of the four actually - but because it's the biggest genre deviation where the game becomes a genre I don't enjoy.
I mean, it could be the fact that I always tackle Ada's last, but her enemies are all so goddamn boring to me, and I hate her starter equipment.

I never make it out of the catacombs.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Trash. It's worse then trash.

And no OP it's not love or hate.
qUucrwi.png

Fucking fun. Sloppy in parts but it's peak action RE.

The 5/10 or below winning is hilarious. The game is not that fucking bad but it's almost a meme that it's treated like this barely playable thing on this forum.
It is fucking bad. It nearly killed the series.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
I mean, it could be the fact that I always tackle Ada's last, but her enemies are all so goddamn boring to me, and I hate her starter equipment.

I never make it out of the catacombs.

The Carla boss fight in Chapter 4 is amazing. The Carla Spore S enemies are super creepy too.

Leon's worst chapter is 1 (Long ass slog with the mandatory walking)
Chris' worst chapter is 3 (Fuck that Carla car chase)
Jake's worst chapter is 1/2 (Mediocre at best)
Ada's worst chapter is 5 (Fuck that helicopter)

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Story is bad, graphics seem worse than RE5, co-op is dumbed down, has horrible encounter and level design, horrible overuse of QTEs, awful stealth and on rails sections, the melee system sucks compared to RE5.

Combat system is good though the enemies don't warrant all the moves.

I'll go 6/10.

Oct 25, 2017
A real overdesigned piece of shit. anyone that says Leon's chapter is the best and like classic RE is a fucking liar. The best one is jake

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Carla boss fight in Chapter 4 is amazing. The Carla Spore S enemies are super creepy too.

Leon's worst chapter is 1 (Long ass slog with the mandatory walking)
Chris' worst chapter is 3 (Fuck that Carla car chase)
Jake's worst chapter is 1/2 (Mediocre at best)
Ada's worst chapter is 5 (Fuck that helicopter)
Which Jake chapter is with the snowstorm, stealth and snowbike chase? Cos that is awful.

Oct 27, 2017
Trash. It's worse then trash.

And no OP it's not love or hate.
qUucrwi.png

It is fucking bad. It nearly killed the series.
How? It was a massive success.

9.2 million copies sold amongst all versions. Granted that was probably not what Capcom wanted Based on their initial projections which were stupidly over inflated.

What it did do for a positive is it caused Capcom to seriously re-evaluate their sales expectations, game design and direction for the series so as to stop trying to create a game that appeals to everyone to compete with fucking Call of Duty of all things, but I'm not sure how it nearly killed the series. Maybe there's actually some information out there about that though, where they considered shelving it as an IP but I've never heard anything like that.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'll never understand people who hate on the Leon campaign but praise the others just because they "lean in" to action more and it's more honest to the game's design or something. ALL of the campaigns are just completely over-designed explosive action movie junk, but Leon's campaign at least succeeds in having enemies that are more fun to fight; the constant fire fights in the other stories against gun-wielding enemies are a total slog and dealing with zombies as Leon is so much more tolerable and even genuinely enjoyable at times. Plus, Leon has the least amount of horrible set pieces and sequences; nothing in his campaign is as bad as the jeep chase, the motorcycle chase, the snowmobile chase (I'm noticing a pattern), that god awful section at the beginning of Chris Chapter 4 in the hangar, almost all of Chapter 5 for Chris and Jake, the tedious as fuck helicopter boss fight, especially from Jake's POV in Chapter 4, the horrendous second chopper boss fight as Chris in Chapter 3, the fucking stealth segments as Sherry AND Ada, Sherry's almost complete lack of involvement at all in the penultimate stage of her final boss, that unbelievably terrible action/puzzle/whateverthefuckthisis section at the end of Jake Chapter 3 where you hold out against the tank in the courtyard of the palace and try to get said tank to solve a prince of persia acrobatics puzzle for you to get to the motorcycle so his campaign can somehow get even worse.

Leon's campaign has some hang ups of course and it starts poorly but it's pretty consistent and doesn't have any utterly atrocious bullshit like the other stories. Leon also has by FAR the best "deal with the regenerating monsters while finding 3 keys" section.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
RE6 is the Golden Corral of video games, everything sucks but at least theres a lot of it

Mercenaries was good, that's it

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
RE6 is like Snakes on a Plane, Sharknado (or more recently Clownado) etc where people are like "it's so bad it's good!" That's cool and all but I only have time for things on the spectrum of average to amazing.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
RE6 is like Snakes on a Plane, Sharknado (or more recently Clownado) etc where people are like "it's so bad it's good!" That's cool and all but I only have time for things on the spectrum of average to amazing.

It's too boring to be "so bad its good", the pacing is absolutely awful and the environments are some of the worst looking and least interesting in the series. The RE7 demo had more atmosphere than all four RE6 campaigns combined