• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think of RE 6

• 10/10

Votes: 17 3.5%
  • 9/10

Votes: 25 5.2%
  • 8/10

Votes: 75 15.6%
  • 7/10

Votes: 69 14.3%
  • 6/10

Votes: 107 22.2%
  • 5/10 and below

Votes: 188 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Best game in the series. Four different campaigns that have their own unique spin, has the best gun/gameplay mechanics, and has coop. Nothing else you could ask for.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Solid 6 or 7. Weird that you couldn't pause the game.

Leon/10.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I give it a 7/10 just because I loved Ada's design.

Other than that, it was pretty boring and unnecessarily long.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Solid 6 or 7. Weird that you couldn't pause the game.

Leon/10.

It's because of the Agent Hunt mode, a cool idea that they didn't capitalize on nearly enough.

I wanted something more in-depth like Mindjack.

I still like it for big dumb co-op action but I think RE5's persistent progression was slightly better.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
It's definitely not as simple as "It's trash" RE6 actually has a lot of good ideas ...just...obfuscated by just as many bad ones.

It's overstuffed with lower effort content that probably should have been trimmed, instead of the insane 4 campaigns they could have condensed it into one or two solid campaigns.

I'd say as a regular game, it's a 6/10, as a Resident Evil game, it's a 4/10, as a Mercenaries launcher, it's a 8/10.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 6 has a lot of problems, like a lot of problems, a LOT of problems. BUT there's a lot of dumb fun you can have in RE6 if you let yourself. The game is a train wreck, it's such an uneven experience but it's kinda' fun to go through with a co-op partner through all of RE6's crazy and wacky shenanigans. Some of the level design is actually atrocious, but others times it can be surprisingly well done and with interestingly varied scenarios. RE6 is a content-packed full game with lots of variety. I don't think I've ever played another game that flip-flops so much between good and bad ideas and execution, and that's kinda' wild and fun to go through with a friend. There are actually moments of RE6's campaign I love, and other moments I actually hate. But I always have fun playing it with people, especially those who have no idea what they're in for.

Mercenaries in RE6 is a lot of fun, and I think I may be one of the only people on the planet who's played a decent amount of those DLC multiplayer modes with friends (full parties even, convinced friends to play it with me, have had a lot of dumb fun in those too). I will say this, I played the game first on 360 pre-update, and have ever since then post-update on PC, and the PC version post-update does add so much to the game experience, like it running 60fps with adjustable FoV and some of the fixes they apply did make me enjoy it a lot more.

Also, Leon's campaign is the worst one though I enjoy parts of it (and I love Leon's Chapter 4), Leon's actual story is also terrible, like it's baaad. Jake's campaign has some of the lowest moments in the game, but I kinda' love Jake's Chapter 3 and Chapter 5. I also expected to hate Jake before release, but I don't. Chris' campaign is the most solid all around and also has the best story of them all. Ada's campaign has it's moments, but also falls off a cliff with her Chapter 5 being like the worst of the worst in all of RE6. Also nearly every scene in RE6 involving helicopters SUCKS. Like the moments with helicopters in RE6 are among the worst in the game, and there's quite a few of them.

But that's where I sit on with RE6. It has something of a learning/enjoyment curve, I wasn't really feeling it when I first started playing. I did some Mercenaries to learn the mechanics back when I played it the first time, and that did help me get a feel for the game and start to enjoy the main game more. The main game still has a lot of flaws even with this, but I can say I've had fun playing through it a few times with friends.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
It is the only mainline RE that I have never finished... not a single scenario... I hate the controls and everything about it... I have tried over and over to give it a chance... can't do it... sucks ass...

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I'd enjoy it more if I didn't have to manage stamina. Also the shitting QTEs. When the patch came out that automatically did them dropped I sure as shit turned it on. Also changing the field of view for aiming helped greatly.

Overall it was alright.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I think it is an extremely fun multiplayer game, one of the most fun experiences I have ever had.

The story is a mess though.

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I've tried playing RE6 maybe 4 or 5 times over the years and it never hooks me and I bounce off. No idea why, and I love all of the other RE games. It just doesnt feel right.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
4/10. The campaign is like 40 hours and little of it is fun. Every character controls kind of drunk and it takes two inputs + an offset third input to dodge. The gunplay isn't fun for the most part, but Mercs No Mercy throws enough at you that you can get into it. Mercs and co-op in general is probably worth the $7.99 you pay for it on sale.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
It's... a videogame?

Like, it theoretically works? But it is so bloated, simultaneously so insecure that it needs to appease every aspect of its fanbase, and yet so overconfident that it thinks it's worth sitting through all this shit.

I also think it's kinda grotesque-looking? Like, it's so just muddy and grey, and ugly. Like Resident Evil deals with ugly things, with ugly locales... but it's actually just artistically ugly. I hate looking at it.

What a mistake. I'm simultaneously so woefully disappointed in everything about it, and yet thankful that it led to Capcom rethinking its approach to the series.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like the game constantly takes away control from the player, all these micro-interruptions that drive you crazy over time. Terrible interface too. Once you get into the flow of navigating through the shit, it's a decent 6/10 game.

Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely loved it. Every element in that game was cranked to 11.

I don't have any particular investment in the classic RE games so the change in style did not bother me.

Jan 11, 2018
It's the pinnacle of action RE. Excellent controls and mechanics, great enemy designs and variety, unique campaigns with mostly good characters and plenty of unique scenarios, environments, and bossfights. It improved on RE5 in nearly every way.

Lys86

Jun 25, 2018
I love it. It's a completely guilty pleasure sort of game, but I admire how absolutely stuffed-to-the-gills it is with content. Playing it in Chronological Order is sort of a pain, but definitely improves the experience and I never replay without it.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Really solid mechanics on 4 really awful campaigns. 6/10.

Graphics are really all over the place too, you'll be looking at gorgeous assets laid on top of a texture that wouldn't be out of place on a Wii game.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
6/10 for me and my least favourite of the main RE games.

Too much mindless action and not enough of the horror and puzzles for me. 5 & 6 felt like generic action games compared to the previous games. I was happy when RE7 went back to more survival horror.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
It does one thing well. But getting to it means you have to wade through everything else which is mostly terrible.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Absolute garbage, enough to actually make a POS like RE5 look almost competent.
It's... a videogame?

Like, it theoretically works? But it is so bloated, simultaneously so insecure that it needs to appease every aspect of its fanbase, and yet so overconfident that it thinks it's worth sitting through all this shit.

I also think it's kinda grotesque-looking? Like, it's so just muddy and grey, and ugly. Like Resident Evil deals with ugly things, with ugly locales... but it's actually just artistically ugly. I hate looking at it.

What a mistake. I'm simultaneously so woefully disappointed in everything about it, and yet thankful that it led to Capcom rethinking its approach to the series.
Much better summary than I was able to give. Couldn't be happier to see that awful, hideous era of co-op gaming that 5 and 6 ushered in that was every bit as loud and stupid as those equally awful live-action films finally dead. Miserable excuses for RE games the both of them, and I've never considered them worthwhile action games either.

Last edited:

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
A good game, but maybe not a good RE game...?

I quite liked the gameplay for the most part, especially Mercenaries.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually pretty fun at the start of Leon's campaign with how completely off the rails it gets, but then it never stops to let you breathe. It's just set piece after set piece with no pacing or build-up, and it just becomes noise after a while.

RE4 is similarly known for its spectacle but a lot of people forget there's a ton of downtime and breathers in between the ridiculous action sequences and QTEs.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
It's a garbage horror game, a garbage action game and a gargabe RE, they wanted to satisfy everyone but ended up satisfying no one.

Soundchaser

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a thread for each?
Combo!

PR5KY0S.png

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
High 7, rounded to 8. It always plays a bit stiffer than I remember. Still, it has core gameplay concepts worth smoothing out and exploring much further in better designed scenarios. Shame it's been almost 8 years with nothing on that end.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
The bloated mess that are the campaigns are the game's biggest issues. The mechanics and moment-to-moment action can be great, especially in Mercenaries mode, but there's so many awful, poorly designed sequences across the story mode, with so much annoying dialog and the pacing is SO bad and exhausting. Honestly, even the things that hurt the game the most (the utterly unrelenting pacing of over the top explosive sections and eye-rolling set pieces) do have their charm, and I can appreciate RE6 in its whole in a weird way, but because of how RE4 and 5 had previously nailed action RE so well, RE6's quality is titular; it's a 6/10. Getting rid of weapon upgrades, getting rid of so much sense of exploration or discovery, getting rid the item box or attache case, not being able to customize load outs, and the HUGE completely misplaced focus on fighting gun-wielding enemies really take their toll on the enjoyment the game can offer, even if you can lap up the stupid action moments and set pieces for what they are.