• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is the Paddington Movies great?

• Yes

Votes: 237 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 7.8%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't see the appeal. I just watched the second one yesterday after so many people praised it and I was so underwhelmed.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Love the books and the movies. Just recently read all the books to my son and he loves it too. He gives me hard stares all the time .

OneEyedKing

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible movies, especially the second one. Very charming and heartwarming, well-written and acted, plus an important pro-immigrant subtext that elevates them to a higher level.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I actually just watched these two for the first time right now... still on the second. So far they're good, wholesome family movies that genuinely make me laugh. Very cool.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Me before Paddington: A movie about a talking bear that moves to England. I heard it's great but will it really be as good as they say?

Me after Paddington: God bless that beautiful bear. :')

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018
Paddington 2 only children's film that is pro-prison abolition.

Anyone who doesn't like them is a Tory narc.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
watching paddington now is like watching babe in the 90's

or like watching babe anytime i suppose, especially the last third

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018
Paddington the only British CGI talking cartoon of this decade you should trust. Fuck that amoral Peter Rabbit bullshit that tells children to murder their friends with food allergies or whatever. Everyone who saw the first Peter Rabbit should feel a deep sense of shame. The trailer for Peter Rabbit 2 before Little Women annoyed me so much.

Last edited:

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Paddington 2 was the best movie of its year, easily. It made me feel the same way I did when I saw Amélie.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
They're both gold. I remember seeing the trailer for the first one and cringing. It looked like the typical awful CG kids movie. But my daughter kept bugging me to rent it, so I did, and was absolutely happy watching it. The second is stellar, too.