• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Money and freedom is nice. Feeling my body slowly degrade, and watching my parents get older, isn't worth the trade off though. I'd be stoked if I could rewind the clock 10 years

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I can now afford to rent out another room in my apartment, leaving only the necessity of having 1 roommate. It's pretty cool I'd say. Time for a office/drug den.

Oct 27, 2017
Money and freedom is nice. I can buy whatever video games I like, dayum.

But having to go to work, feel my body take its toll from nearly 40 years of living, watch my parents grow older, and lose my grandparents, now that just makes me sad and realize growing up ain't as cool as I thought it would be as a kid. Most of the time I just want to go back to being a kid again.

Kilgore Trout

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, responsibilities and all that, but I like knowing who I am. Preferring this side of life compared to being young.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it's the absolute shits

i wish i was back in elementary school playing fortnite with da boys

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First ten years of being an adult were some of the worst of my life.

Now things are going pretty good. I'm really happy living as an adult.

Money and freedom is nice. Feeling my body slowly degrade, and watching my parents get older, isn't worth the trade off though. I'd be stoked if I could rewind the clock 10 years

Oh yeah, I know this feeling. I'm only in my early 30s and I'm walking with a cane now, among other things.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I was able to afford an RTX 3080, XSX, PS5, and a new 75 inch 4k TV. Then again, I need those to distract me from how much I hate my job and life.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Just turned 30 and am in better shape than I've ever been. Nothing hurts. I think ya'll need to start exercising and eating healthy. I really feel like I'm aging slower than all my friends, some of whom are balding and even turning gray. An anecdotal trend I'm noticing is the heavy drinkers seem to be aging far worse. Wrinkles, tiredness, black baggy eyes etc.

Anyways, I much prefer being an adult.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
being able to walk around my house naked and eat cereal at 3am after a night of binging netflix on the couch is pretty rad yeah

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
+Get to travel
+Like my job
+Like where I live
+Love my partner
-Chronic pain
-Don't see friends as much.

I''d say its a wash.

Just turned 30 and am in better shape than I've ever been. Nothing hurts. I think ya'll need to start exercising and eating healthy. I really feel like I'm aging slower than all my friends, some of whom are balding and even turning gray. An anecdotal trend I'm noticing is the heavy drinkers seem to be aging far worse. Wrinkles, tiredness, black baggy eyes etc.

Take it from me, its not always that simple. Sometimes your body turns against you, and nothing you do will ever fix it.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
While having financial independence is nice - the actual true cost - the mental anguish, constant anxiety, and the burden of expectations.

Its fucking exhausting.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I miss being younger a lot lately, but overall adulthood has been okay for me.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda miss fucking around just making rent and bills and having little responsibility and just having fun in my early 20s, honestly. Being an adult now isn't awful (I'm 29, own a house, have a great girlfriend and dog, and have a decent paying job with an upward trajectory) but I miss the freedom of just living to have fun with friends with minimal responsibility. Working 40-50 hours a week drains the fuck out of me.

Oct 26, 2017
Pro's: Being able to afford nice things, stay up late and not be told what to do.
Con's: Loss of innocence and all the stresses and anxieties that come with that.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's both a blessing and a curse. The more freedom to do what you want and disposable income is nice, but that happens at the cost of less free time and constant stress over general life.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Overall it's better. Having to work sucks, and bills suck - but being able to buy(with in reason) what ever you want and go where ever is pretty good.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like being an adult but working all the time weighs you down. Your body breaks down little by little and time goes by much faster as you get older.

Yes you have more freedom and money (usually) but now you don't have the free time and enough friends left to enjoy it as much as you would've as a teenager.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Take it from me, its not always that simple. Sometimes your body turns against you, and nothing you do will ever fix it.

Yikes, I'm terrified of this. I won't go quietly into the night. One thing I do notice is I don't heal as fast as before. Little nagging gym injuries just never go away, or once it happens reinjury is much easier. But if you stop for too long... then you risk even further injury. I'm taking the approach to just keep moving.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I like it compared to being a teenager honestly. Just take good care of your body and aging is a lot easier. (Obviously for some that it's an option, but I mean with what's in your power)

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
It's scary realizing nobody knows what the fuck they're doing and the people who act like they do generally know the least.

Nov 2, 2017

I'm by no means in my best shape, but I also can't identify with the aches and pains. So definitely agree with the exercising and nutrition part.

And ditto on the adult part.

The biggest thing for me was when you're a kid, you constantly have to do what people tell you to do. From parents, teachers, coaches, etc. And whenever I wanted something, I had to ask someone else for it because I never had any money.

Being able to do what I want, whenever I want, as well as having enough money to buy what I want...is very liberating.

And even though working sometimes sucks, you can ultimately work towards something better. I don't like my boss? Find a new job. Or, finances permitting, quit for a little bit and figure out what you want to do for a few months.

I had shitty teachers that I just had to deal with. And it's not like I can take a break from school, outside the designated breaks, without someone going to jail.

I liked certain aspects of my childhood, but I don't miss being a kid *at all*.

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly hard remembering not being an adult.

Yeah. I'm still in my 30s and feels like I've been in my 30s my entire life. And it's not that I don't remember my childhood, of course I do, just that it feels like scenes from a different person's life.

At the same time I still feel like a kid. I don't know, being an adult is weird but also a lot of fun.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
World has problems but I wouldnt go back for anything. Parents were a bit of a mess. All over the place. Not everyone's parents made good decisions and some of us really escaped constant catastrophe and were able to stabilize when we got our freedom. I would never go back.

Love them both... Just saying.