• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I've not played story mode, but from what I gather from the wiki aren't the Valentines pretty special case creations, like Dizzy, not children?
Ram is explicitly singled out as a child among all of them, Dizzy, Elphelt, Sin, etc are treated older

Jack-O is weird because she technically does and doesn't exist but I ain't here to talk about that

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I respectfully disagree with your assertion that my criticisms toward Abigail are "nonsense." I have no problem with him being a larger-than-life character, but his actual design in terms of proportions and overall height/mass goes beyond the boundaries of both good taste and suspension of disbelief for me when compared to the overarching design sensibilities of the rest of the SF cast, especially most of those who've been around prior to SFV adding so many weird and/or bland newcomers to the mix. Hugo was great. He was modeled after Andre the Giant, even originally in Final Fight, and he looked like a believably massive character next to everyone else in SF3. Abigail's freakishly tiny head and impossibly huge frame combine to form a visually unpleasing and frankly impossible silhouette. They may have put love into fleshing out his personality via animation, as they did with most characters in SFV, but that doesn't change the fact that (IMO) he simply doesn't fit the style of the SF cast to begin with.

And I'm certainly not trolling when it comes to G. I mean, come on. He's a nonsense character, and not in a charming, tongue-in-cheek way. He's the "president of the world?" Oh... kay? Any context for that whatsoever in story mode or anywhere else? No? So he's just a clown with a kind of shitty-looking model and random design elements slapped together with not-so-subtle nods to Abe Lincoln for his overall look? I'm sorry, man. I respect that you like him, given how subjective all of this is, but to me he's absolutely trash-tier character design through and through.

Well alright. Agree to disagree then. G is a nonsense character, it's true, but it's his over the top ridiculousness that makes me like him, same as Abigail really. He's a street fighting Abe Lincoln! Street Fighter is a ridiculous game filled ridiculous characters. I don't see how he doesn't fit. We have a green Brazilian man-beast that electrocutes people, among other things.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I've not played story mode, but from what I gather from the wiki aren't the Valentines pretty special case creations, like Dizzy, not children?

They are "fully formed" upon conception, which has different results depending on the person. Like Elphet is, IIRC, 3 years old, fully formed, and marriage crazy. The Valentine in GG2 were fully formed, but were still child shaped, despite them being very foul mouthed. Ram is very much the quiet child weapon archetype who, after a while in the story, basically becomes an innocent, they just decided to not give her a shirt. I wouldn't be surprised if she returns in GGS in a loli maid outfit or something, something closer to GG2 Valentine.

Basically there are no rules. They just do whatever. Which makes it kind of creepier.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm used to garbage takes around here, but Ramlethal, really?
That's not even a stretch, that's delusional.

The only person delusional here is you if you think a character modeled, written, and acted to explicitly be childlike and then dressed/designed in an abhorrent amount of objectified tropes isn't pedophile bait.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The only person delusional here is you if you think a character modeled, written, and acted to explicitly be childlike and then dressed/designed in an abhorrent amount of objectified tropes isn't pedophile bait.
In what reality is Ramlethal's model childlike?

I wish this topic had come up while the Steam sale was still ongoing, I was this close to pulling the trigger on the complete Xrd bundle. Then I could at least be able to see for myself what's actually going on with this character.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well alright. Agree to disagree then. G is a nonsense character, it's true, but it's his over the top ridiculousness that makes me like him, same as Abigail really. He's a street fighting Abe Lincoln! Street Fighter is a ridiculous game filled ridiculous characters. I don't see how he doesn't fit. We have a green Brazilian man-beast that electrocutes people, among other things.

Not to mention the cast of SFIII, which I'm almost certain was induced by copious acid trips.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Sawada from Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game, can also join Stryker among charcter designs with no actual charcter or design.

SFTM_Sawada.gif

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
never thought i'd ever hear someone call ramlethal of all characters "pedo-bait" lol. does that make dizzy pedobait too?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Darkstalkers is a series where characters can get away with just having their whole ass hanging out
6gjif.png

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Sin pedobait too? He's 3.
If Sin didn't have the musculature and chiseled jawline that develops after one's growth spurt, and had the dialogue of a child like dizzy did in GGX/XX, and wore the male equivalent of what Dizzy wore in GGX/XX like a Jock Strap with random sleeves/leggings then yes he too would classify under that as well.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
If Sin didn't have the musculature and chiseled jawline that develops after one's growth spurt, and had the dialogue of a child like dizzy did in GGX/XX, and wore the male equivalent of what Dizzy wore in GGX/XX like a Jock Strap with random sleeves/leggings then yes he too would classify under that as well.

I see, so the characteristics of someone past puberty on Sin (muscles/jawline) count but Dizzy having the characteristics of someone past puberty (breasts, hips etc) doesn't count. Got it.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see, so the characteristics of someone past puberty on Sin (muscles/jawline) count but Dizzy having the characteristics of someone past puberty (breasts, hips etc) doesn't count. Got it.
Jawline/Facial structure/maturity/deepening of the voice
also extends to women as well. But good job ignoring that from my post.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I would get into it but part of it also delves into what her appeal is, and doing so would probably end up being offensive towards those that like the character and I'd probably be a dick about it too, which I'd rather not do. So I'd rather keep it to I just really don't like her!
So here's the thing, I have a good idea why. I get it. Its just that I can also see a character, not liking that character and I need the words so I can imagine them saying it in their voice. This is one of those times the opinion matches the icon hella hard

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Okay, people say Dizzy had a very childlike personality in games before Revelator, but I don't see it. Nothing points out to her being a child inside an adult's body, even if gears don't work like that, if anything she is way more mature than the teenager characters of the series.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Ramlethal players are usually 90-95% of the time creepers but I don't think the character is inherently pedo bait.