• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
latest
This is my pick for the most terrible design in a fighter.

She's Maria Renard from Castlevania, this design is terrible but it's made worse by the fact that it's supposed to be this character...

Her appearence in Rondo of Blood

latest

Her appearence in Harmony of Despair

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Abigail is one of my favorite characters from SFV. I am a big fan of his design.

I'm not going to post a picture but Ivy from SC is terribly designed. So gratuitous. Just seeing her makes me cringe.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I like Rufus' design *shrug*

I absolutely prefer the prototype for him, and being upset that they went with current Rufus is completely understandable. But Rufus' design is still enjoyable.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really hate half the characters in the newer street fighters. 4 and 5. Don't like the art style at all anymore either. I wish they kept the look more classic with some modern polish added. Some of the characters are laughable. Don't play too many fighting games so my opinion doesn't mean much though.

Jun 12, 2018
I had to check the date of this thread, I legit thought everyone had realized how great of a design Abigail was once he was released, but I guess not.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
none of these look that bad tbh. especially the big bois. not every design needs to focus on vanity muscles and conventional attractiveness.

also the hentai villain lady look isnt uncreative either. i wanna see some real trash

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
abigail along with every SFV character is the best any have ever looked in the franchise to me

Just need el fuerte to come back

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Abigail (SFV): he used to be an Andore headswap. In Final Fight he only needs to punch you a couple of times to kill you, his grab did like 40% damage. Why does he need to punch his opponent so many times in SFV? Isn't he supposed to be really strong?

Chang (KOF): I really like this character. His original fighting style is "I'm so strong I don't need a fighting style". Kim tried to teach him some technique afterwards without much success, he only improved on Kim's foot stomp.

Rufus (SF4): 100% trash

Kanji (Power Instinct): His original gimmick was that he starts strong and then he powers down, unlike the rest of the characters, the developers of Matrimelee didnt get the joke.

Voldo (SC): Unique, fantastic, made to troll your opponent.

Maskless Reptile (MK): Who thought this was a good idea?

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know this existed and wish I still didn't.
I'm sorry for your loss... of innocence.

Imagine my anguish when MK leapt into the next generation on PS2/Xbox with my favorite character looking like that.

He went from being a badass ninja reptilian in a human disguise to some Power Rangers-ass jobber henchman looking buffoon. What do they have against Reptile to this very day? I'll never understand it. He was the first-ever secret character in fighting games! Show him some respect for the love of God!

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, we need to talk more about Castlevania Judgment (yes, Judgment, Even the name's stupid), where everybody has this overdesigned, try-hard Death Note-ripoff look.

It's designed by the Death Note artist. Doesn't make it not shitty (because the design in that game sucked lol) but it's supposed to look like Death Note.

Sylvie is the true answer, I don't even think Kasumi Ninja's designs are that lame. I get what they were trying to do (which is ripoff Kyary) but her design fails badly IMO.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Smh @ the hate on my man Abigail OP. He's beautiful the way he is. And his animations are wonderfully lively. He's one of the best, not worst.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
[i don't play SFV]

so... Abagail is in SFV, and that's the design? shut it down. just shut it the fuck down

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
where were you during AbiGeddon, when a large canadian decimated the legitimacy of a series with green brazilian electric man, stretchy yoga man, stretchy russian electric man, naked icyhot man, electric metal man, etc

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
serious contender is Generic Shirtless CGI Man from Fighters Destiny 1:

Fighters_destiny_box.JPG

Tricky from the same game is also a wet fart:

RVBT2LI.png