• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Your opinion on Xbox Series X design?

• Amazing!

Votes: 600 17.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 1,273 37.7%
  • Will do

Votes: 493 14.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 602 17.8%
  • What a monstrosity

Votes: 405 12.0%

• Total voters

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get people who call it dull, ugly and boring. Minimalist design is in these days. It looks classy.

I guess some people want a crazy design like the PS5 devkit? For me that kind of thing is hideous, not this. Or God forbid the launch "fat" PS3. šŸ˜£
Devkits can be ugly. They're devkits.

that said if PS5 looks the same then next gen will officially have the ugliest looking consoles of all time.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Clean, simple and fades from view. Looks like a good modern set top console should.

I mean, I loved the days of cute grey curvy boxes like Super Famicom, PSOne, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, etc, but that time is very much over. At least it's not a leaning ugly sandwich like PS4/Pro.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more for function over form and if this allows for quite, but effective cooling. I appreciate it.

Feb 6, 2019
That's the first thing I thought when I woke up and just saw the picture of the console with the name 'O cool a smaller Xbox One X'. I didn't like the Xbox One name, but atleast somewhat got what they were goin for; this name is just going to cause unnecessary confusion.
Smaller?
WEmf6Jk.jpg

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I really like it. It's like a buff virtual home assistant, and it'll fit nicely in my entertainment system, which is the deciding factor in all my console purchases.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Last night I thought it looked pretty good. Slept on it, and now I'm really into it. Super clean, simple design. Much better than the original Xbox One.

Also thrilled that it can still be horizontal with no issues.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
I like it. Also has the benefit of not being easy for my cat to sit on top of if used in vertical configuration. Currently uses my PS4 to warm her backside.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
IMO it's the coolest look an Xbox has ever had, reminds me of something like the older Mac Pro tubes, or of course the Gamecube.

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
It seems too big but I guess that's the space you need to cool everything properly.
I have some doubts about those holes on the top. Too tempting for your little cousin to pour or drop something in there or for your goofy uncle to take it for some ashtray haha.

Aggie CMD

Dec 8, 2017
I think this is much smaller than most people realize. Of course, the camera angles in the reveal video were designed to make this thing look larger than life so I don't blame people for having that perception.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
I like it, about the only thing I don't like is the name, a bit confusing owning the One X and the new gen being called Series X. A lot of confused parents come Holiday season 2020.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I like it, about the only thing I don't like is the name, a bit confusing owning the One X and the new gen being called Series X. A lot of confused parents come Holiday season 2020.

I don't see a bunch of confused parents considering that the marketing will all be about the next generation Xbox Series X, the current Xbox One X may even be taken out of stores by then?, the Series X is very distinct in its design so as to avoid confusion, and maybe most importantly stores will of course be driving buyers to the most expensive new things to buy like this :)

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
I don't see a bunch of confused parents considering that the marketing will all be about the next generation Xbox Series X, the current Xbox One X may even be taken out of stores by then?, the Series X is very distinct in its design so as to avoid confusion, and maybe most importantly stores will of course be driving buyers to the most expensive new things to buy like this :)
The more I think about the less confusing it is, just a knee jerk reaction on my part.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is much smaller than most people realize. Of course, the camera angles in the reveal video were designed to make this thing look larger than life so I don't blame people for having that perception.
Yeah. The controller next to it shows its pretty small. Even more with the power thats in it.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Love the design and from what i read it will be pretty damn silent and that is important and that it wont melt.

That reveal trailer is something else though. Such a great trailer and very well done.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is that the final name for the street version? Because it's very confusing. I can see a few family members accidentally buying the 1 X thinking it's the new one.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Is it sensible to have the vents on the top? It seems like it'll get a metric fuckton of dust in it from above.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like it, but the portion that I perceive to the the top of the console looks concave and that's really the only aspect that I don't like. This looks like a high-end, expensive piece of hardware and not a child's toy and I like that.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
I like it. Small footprint, vertical exhaust. Would fit fine on my flat TV stand where devices sit on top without taking too much room.

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I could have it standing behind the tv? It won't fit in my tv bench but there is space behind the tv.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
I like the design and it looks like it will fit nicely in an Ikea Kallax cube that I have my Xbone in right now.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's... A box. It's basically a mini PC tower. I kinda hate it.

Need to see how the console looks lying down, because there's no way this thing is going to fit into the current entertainment center I have in the living room.

I sincerely hope this is the case because I'll buy the fucking thing day 1 if it is.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I think it looks great, but it also couldn't fucking matter less in the grand scheme of things. I just want my consoles to be silent. The less I even think of it being there, the better.

Vexxan

Oct 28, 2017
Bold design but I really like it. It'd probably have to go horizontal in my setup thou, placing it behind my TV could make the wireless controllers a bit wonky (which is the case for my Switch which is docked behind the TV).

blazinglazers

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Honestly it looks amazing. This is exactly the kind of form factor they should be going for. Stark, simple, minimalist, ditching the old VCR-esque designs of the past. I love it!

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I like simple, clean, and minimalistic designs, so this hits all the right notes for me. I like it. At the same time, the actual size of it is off-putting because it won't fit in my setup as I have it right now.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I dig it, looks sleek and sets itself apart visually from prior console designs. Makes me think of of 2001 HAL or the Monolith xD