• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your opinion on Xbox Series X design?

• Amazing!

Votes: 600 17.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 1,273 37.7%
  • Will do

Votes: 493 14.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 602 17.8%
  • What a monstrosity

Votes: 405 12.0%

• Total voters

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
maxresdefault.jpg

I really like it. Looks clean and monolithic.

Last edited:

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
The idea of it being a mini pc tower-like I can get behind though I can understand issues with where to put it - even if it lays horizontally, it might not be ideal for the heat and fans.

But it's kind of boring, like they could have done something other than a box.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Looks fine.
To the point. Discreet on a desk setup.
Honestly makes me think of a powerful console due to not being overly loud in design.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks great, however it's literally just a SFF pic case.

It also looks bigger then I imagine most people will want sitting on their entertainment center.
It's as high as the S/X is wide and probably 5(?) inches wide/deep?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried space wise if I can fit it, but if it can go sideways I don't care as much. Otherwise, eh. Whatever it takes to keep it quiet is worth it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I like it.

I plan on putting it horizontal and the fact that the "X" logo will be sideways will piss me off tho.

Is the box large because of components and the cooling needed?

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Between meh and what a monstrosity.

It looks plain ugly. It's a black box, it's not slick and would look unsightly where my xbox one x is right now. I like my shit to look nice on my unit.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
It's fine. I mean... It's just a lil tower.

My concerns would be if it became the FGC standard console...would definitely not work with half the setups I use now for transport.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm not sure I can fit it in my stand and I have carpet so it's not just going to sit on the floor. Other than that, it's a box that will play games. I doubt I'd ever really look at it once it's hooked up.

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like a subwoofer. I hate this kind of boring ass "modern" designs that lack any sort of character.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I like the design but it won't fit in my media center. Will need to put it on the floor on the side.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I don't think it fits in my cupboard, which is kind of a dealbreaker frankly. I'm not redecorating for my third console system.

edit: if that controller is to scale, it's probably not too big on its side, but then how are you going to fit the disk in.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I like the top part with the concave design and green light. The rest is literally just a big boring rectangle. It's not offensively bad or anything, it's just...boring.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting at a glance, meh upon further consideration.

And honestly, the thing gives me anxiety already. Upright makes me remember the 360 scratching discs when placed that way. Sideways makes me wonder if heat will vent properly. We were well rid of consoles that could be placed vertically.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I like it's designed to look minimal and quiet. I don't really have issue finding space to put it where I play games, I don't use discs so don't really need access to it either. The dimensions are fairly smaller than I though so that's a plus as well.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Looks different and should allow for great cooling so higher clock speeds.

I can see some people struggling to put it in their entertainment center though, even when horizontal.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
i like it but literally have no where to put it. i could try and squish it behind tv but there not much room behind there with the router and switch there.

Devious

Oct 31, 2017
California
Very modern and appropriate. Less "gamey", more practical and something that blends into your room.
I like this answer. I personally like it.

People got to realize the PS5 and XSX are about to have some beefy components. They got to cool these down somehow. I expect the PS5 to be large too. If not large, then small and loud. I'd rather the console be as quiet as possible.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
One of the best looking consoles ever released imo, only trailing the One X. That thing is so minimal and sexy as hell, it will look so good in an entertainment set up

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
Interesting at a glance, meh upon further consideration.

And honestly, the thing gives me anxiety already. Upright makes me remember the 360 scratching discs when placed that way. Sideways makes me wonder if heat will vent properly. We were well rid of consoles that could be placed vertically.

U not seen the xbox one x?

If u still have anxiety maybe try some weed

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I like it and look forward to seeing more games previewed for it. The design reveal has acted as quite an effective hook for me.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
I like it tbh. It's a lil' monolith. Though the top side is going to be a nightmare to clean and will accumulate dust like hell. Unless it has a dust filter and you can remove it somehow to clean.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I think that the look will be a problem for people like me who put their consoles underneath the TV, not next to it.