• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What happens when someone knocks?

• I relieve myself faster. I have no right to a normal pace in there if someone knocks.

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • I yell back “Busy/Occupied/Just a minute” because they need to wait.

Votes: 388 78.7%
  • I remain silent and driven to anxiety about if they’re waiting out there.

Votes: 50 10.1%
  • I go slower. Knocking on a locked bathroom door is nonsense.

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • We talk through the door.

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • YouTube videos don’t watch themselves. Take a seat and turn on noise cancelling.

Votes: 15 3.0%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I say that it's occupied then continue with my business, since I don't overthink every mundane occurrence in my life.

Baneros

Aug 22, 2018
Does it really matter? No matter what you say, at the end of the day there's still a 50% chance it's gonna be a pretty shitty response.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I just say "Yes?" with an inflection in my tone that makes it clear how fucking absurd what they're doing is. Have never once had someone actually respond, instead of just moving on.

Oct 25, 2017
You're missing the preemptive option. A well-timed sniffle/cough/rustle to alert them someone's in there before they even knock. Has worked wonderfully all my life.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Sometimes I give ETA like "this just started, it will be 5-30 minutes. Might wanna look elsewhere if you can't wait."

Typically, it's just "yeah."

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Cleaning lady is just doing her job. Everybody will knock first before they try and open the door.

When I have to be professional or in public, I say "occupied" or "give me a couple of minutes"

If I'm at home or somewhere I'm comfortable at. "I'm pooping", "doing number 2", "I'm blowing it up", etc

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
This happened the other day. I just yelled back "Heeeeey" in a low voice.

They ran away

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Literally has never happened to me once. But, I say "hi!" when the cleaning staff asks if the bathroom itself is occupied, tho.