• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of the classic Resident Evil titles, I am probably least familiar with Resident Evil 3. I didn't get to play this title until around 2010. After that I ran it a few times but it still remains my least played one (outside of the original one, not to be mistaken with Resident Evil Remake).

Despite this, it's a very memorable game that managed to surprise me in a lot of ways. Nemesis was definitely more menacing than the tyrant I had grown all too used to in Resident Evil 2, although I didn't care too much for him wielding weapons.

What I'm hoping they do in Resident Evil 3 Remake is turn up the intensity of the encounters with him as compared to tyrant in the recent Resident Evil 2 Remake. They'll probably have to introduce a dodge system to accommodate this but I'd be fine so long as what makes Nemesis a force to be reckoned with remains intact.

I also hope they make the streets wider. I trust that they will if Resident Evil 2 Remake's few minutes outside are anything to go by. The original Resident Evil 3's streets are way too narrow for my liking and don't really fit my idea of Raccoon City. The Evil Within 2 is a good template for this, in my opinion.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
It reads your savefile from RE2 for some playdata (which is probably way too late now to do retroactively unless they planned for this) and incorporates some event you observe without being able to interact.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd rather they don't remake it and instead make a new game similar to the Resi 2 remake

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
- More open city
- Side "quests"
- Random civilian encounters
- city hall as an actual location
- Subway instead of trolley
- Defense melee moves
- Free dodge, not contextual
- Nemesis randomly roaming streets
- Game's beginning expanded so we witness city's fall

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Two scenarios - Jill AND Carlos. Oh and that the plot doesn't suck and it makes more sense this time. Oh and larger city to explore!

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just do what they did with RE2 to RE3. Make it so Nemesis is the one who wanders the corridors looking for you in certain segments, obviously ensuring he's more dangerous than Mr. X, but allowing players to actually "kill" Nemesis in those areas to acquire powerful attachments for your guns.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Nemesis in safe rooms
Nemesis interrupting cutscenes
Nemesis in the pause screen
Nemesis in the MAIN MENU
Nemises on the desktop

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Reuse of the RPD so that it's the same police station we explored in the RE2 remake, not a completely redesigned one that we won't recognize.

Real-time inventory like RE7, not paused like in RE2.

Nemesis can enter save rooms on Hardcore difficulty.

At least one robust bonus mode, with playable Leon, Claire, Ada, and more.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
More open environment combined with a persistent Nemesis even if he is not always after you make him persist

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two scenarios - Jill AND Carlos. Oh and that the plot doesn't suck and it makes more sense this time. Oh and larger city to explore!
It made total sense before.

As to topic.

After R2make I'm worried R3make will lose the features that made it great, R2make was missing stuff and RE3 has a lot more stuff to miss than RE2 ever had.

Must return:

- Branching story paths and different or altered cutscenes
- Randomised puzzles
- Item/enemies change locations based on player actions
- Ammo crafting system
- Live selection moments
- Dodge (but make it like Revelations, only works at last moment before hit, also like original RE3).
- Original costume.
- Operation Mad Jackal

Only addition would like to see is expanded city with more areas.

Just keep all original features and it'll be best RE game to date, surpassing the original RE3.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I believe when remaking a game so far after its original release and with so much changed technology you have to look back to it and find its essence. And for RE3 its essence can be seen in its two subtitles: "Nemesis" and "Last escape".

Resident Evil 3 is about Jill Valentine's escape from Raccoon while mercilessly hunted by Nemesis. R3make should be built around that. Anything that doesn't add to that or change that essence should be avoided.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Use Julia Voth's likeness for Jill and have the S.T.A.R.S uniform available from the start.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
VR support for one. This needs to be a staple of all RE games going forward whether it's a remake/spinoff/3rd person or whatever.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I want scripted Nemesis moments, but I would also like for him to be in the world randomly. Saverooms aren't safe.

On one hand I'm nostalgic for RE3 Jill, but I'm not sure if I want to see current gen Jill in a mini-shirt. Maybe if she had tights underneath idk. A slight alteration and have a 'classic' alternate.

Expand on the ammo/gun customization. With Nemesis out in the wild at random, it would an incentive to create more powerful weapons to defeat him. Jill can not only be the master of unlocking things, but Jill-guyver when it comes to exploiting resources she'll find in the city.

Finally I would like a more fleshed out Mercenaries mode. More characters and the ability to create your own maps for other players to run through for speed records.

Via_Purifico

Oct 25, 2017
What if stories like in REmake2 but more elaborate. Leon and Claire reach the city a day earlier and meet Jill as a side story post game.

Start of the game has a calm start like REmake 2 but of scenes of people talking and shopping to get a feel of Raccoon City before the carnage. Then slight gameplay of Jill going to the RPD one more time trying to warn them to only to be removed and then tried to warn civilians but they don't believe her.

She goes back to her apartment and ends up falling asleep only to be woken by screams and then grabs her S.T.A.R.S issued handgun and sees the chaos and tries to (unsuccessfully) help fellow officers. Due to the sheer mass she ends up running and finds Dario and takes him with her and hides out in the area of the original game.

I also want fire escapes to travel through and more choice tree options. Wide and narrow streets.

Dodge system needs a risk and reward system IMO

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The ability to use the environment as contextual weapons. See a fire extinguisher? Use it to bash a zombie when you don't have do any other weapons or don't want to expend ammo. Control was a demonstrator of this concept and how potent it can be.

Via_Purifico

Oct 25, 2017
I want some parts to not have music cues and nemesis just runs right through a wall in the dark of night and ends up right in front of you.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It's pretty darn easy to undermine Resident Evil Nemesis's main concept:

A "make your own escape" adventure, which they should totally embrace with a modern take on the game, as a matter of fact, expand it.

Don't get me wrong, i genuinely believe that a more carefully designed approach to level design and enemy encounters fits better not only for survival horror, but RE in general, it's mainly the fact that by using more "obscure" triggers and tailoring the sequence of events worked pretty well in past titles wihin the series.

This possible RE3 should focus on delivering different experiences in each playthrough, using branching paths, while allowing the player to choose what to do first before reaching the main goal. This should give the game a more unique and fresh vision, knowing its nature of having multiple endings, cutscenes, exploration options and even rewards if possible.

By doing that, they can definitely lose the breaks with Nemesis's unpredictable behaviour, letting him appear and chase you in moments the player wouldn't have expected considering their prior knowledge with the title's progression.

The big guy itself tho? I think the RE team managed to get a pretty accurate blueprint if you consider both Mr. X and Jack Baker.

A middle ground between how the Tyrant searches for you through the police station, interacting with zombies and with an alarming presence even far away, plus, Jack's speed, the ability to face him whenever and his unpredictability while having unique scenes that you can miss.

Besides that, i could be talking all day long considering how much the original Resi 3 got right in the first place.

Things like how Raccoon City itself should be the main star of the experience for example, with a lot of environmental storytelling, files giving multiple perpectives behind the incident, people getting killed in the streets, survivors hiding in fear and that general atmosphere of a urban graveyard.

The fact that i can't stop talking about it just reminds me of how much potential this idea has.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The ability to use the environment as contextual weapons. See a fire extinguisher? Use it to bash a zombie when you don't have do any other weapons or don't want to expend ammo. Control was a demonstrator of this concept and how potent it can be.

I really like this, especially considering its theme of a "desperate escape" and how the original RE3 used environment interaction to kill enemies.

If you're able to blend that with Jill being ready to do anything for survival, it can work pretty well considering how Outbreak and even now "Project Resistance" uses breakable melee weapons.

Maybe grabbing something near you as a "defensive" item to break free of a grab could be nice, too.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
All of this is basically what I'm hoping for. They really need to take advantage of the city and all its possibilities. The city is the literal star of this game.

I disagree. The... stars of RE3 are Jill and Nemesis. It wasn't about knowing more of Raccoon city, even if that did indeed happen.

I think Raccoon is a singular location in the RE mythos and a lot of care should be put into it, but that not RE3 main goal.

Via_Purifico

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. The... stars of RE3 are Jill and Nemesis. It wasn't about knowing more of Raccoon city, even if that did indeed happen.

I think Raccoon is a singular location in the RE mythos and a lot of care should be put into it, but that not RE3 main goal.

For me, I mean the city as a location in the game is a star not that it takes precedence over Jill and Nemesis as they are main features in their own right. Since the location is a huge part of the game it should get just as much attention and they should really go places with it in terms of mechanics but not at the expense of former.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
-Going more crazy with how Mr. X was in RE2remake, by giving nemesis more rooms in the game he has access to and more random encounters with nemesis in general
-Translating the dodging mechanic well to the current engine
-Some more branching paths that maybe result in even more endings.
-Elaborating a little more on the UBCS storyline/backstory. Maybe be able to play as Carlos before Jill at the start of the game or something like that.
-Some cool cameos to RE2 Remake would also be very welcome

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I just want Capcom to give RE3 the RE2-R treatment. They fucking nailed it with RE2-R.

More specifically, they need to make the city a giant Metroidvania/Dark Souls ground. I want the whole city to be given the Police Precinct treatment; that is, criss-crossings and shortcuts galore.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not too much change from RE2r's gameplay
Faster walk and run speed to get through the city quicker (and to run away from Nemesis)
Nemesis to basically be a Mr X that runs
Start the game during the city's downfall instead of just a random explosion
Semi-open world Raccoon City. Don't make it too big but make it feel like an actual city
More playable Carlos segments including a sequence where you see the Umbrella soldiers get wiped out
Have Brad help out Jill for longer before being killed by Nemesis (also have Jill kill zombie Brad to explain his absence in RE2r)
I'm fine with SOME melee (kicks, punches, dodges, using metal pipes etc) but do not go too overboard. Anything like RE6 will be an instant turn off for me
Mercenaries with playable EVERYONE. Give me Jill, Carlos, Claire, Leon, Chris, Nikolai, Brad etc

Izunavis

Oct 27, 2017
UK
On one hand I'm nostalgic for RE3 Jill, but I'm not sure if I want to see current gen Jill in a mini-shirt. Maybe if she had tights underneath idk. A slight alteration and have a 'classic' alternate.

resident-evil-3-1280x720.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
A Resident Evil 3 Remake should have one goal in mind. Make a big budget high quality Terminator game. Evoke The Terminator in every way possible. The Nemesis is The Terminator. Go all the way with it.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I want scripted Nemesis moments, but I would also like for him to be in the world randomly. Saverooms aren't safe.

Expand on the ammo/gun customization. With Nemesis out in the wild at random, it would an incentive to create more powerful weapons to defeat him. Jill can not only be the master of unlocking things, but Jill-guyver when it comes to exploiting resources she'll find in the city.

Finally I would like a more fleshed out Mercenaries mode. More characters and the ability to create your own maps for other players to run through for speed records.
That is the best idea honestly have maybe random survivors or something in the world and make it so he has other things that potentially get in his way so that he persists and make it a real nightmare where he is always active always doing something. I would say even make it active time like time passes and events can happen or not happen to add replay value as a way to update the multiple choices .

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Don't turn it into an action game.
Oh, and a procedurally generated mercenaries mode would be great.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
A Resident Evil 3 Remake should have one goal in mind. Make a big budget high quality Terminator game. Evoke The Terminator in every way possible. The Nemesis is The Terminator. Go all the way with it.

I think one extremely important element from the original Nemesis that cannot be lost in the remake is that he can be defeated. When he shows up, one option is to run, the other is to try and fight him. And should be in the remake as well. So in that sense he is less like the Terminator, from which the characters can only run.