• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
kung_pow_by_rumper1-d4yibiy.gif

Comedy masterpiece, no other movie has come close.

Leap that wall if you're so great

Apr 8, 2018
Recently, The Eric Andre Show. I've been watching it on Hulu and it's just so bizarre and funny as hell.

The intros always make me crack up:

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
My 10yr old and I have been watching a shitload of Mr. Bean, and its reminding me of watching Three Stooges shorts in the 70s. So classic, always funny.

Ok we did kung Pow in the last two weeks and she's already yelling "thats a lotta NUTS!".

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I zigzag between dry, bitterly sarcastic humor and utter inanity. Groucho Marx-style tends to be my favorite, but anything clever and absurd gets to me. Something like Frasier, which is often both, probably epitomizes my sense of humor.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a shot at any one user or topic but a lot of the times humor threads on Era or the other place way back in the day would totally alienate me. Like, there's nothing more uncomfortable than realizing people you like have a terrible or bland sense of humor. I say this but I laugh at the most asinine brain-dead stuff on LGBT twitter.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Humor is so broad, but I admire and enjoy smart/clever shit and people that upend expectations and find the absurdity in daily life. Which can run the gamut from George Carlin/Mitch Hedberg to Desus & Mero to Eric Andre/Hannibal Buress to Larry David/Jerry Seinfeld.

I think Golden Era Simpsons/Seinfeld, Chappelle's Show and Prime Late Night with Conan inform a lot of where my formative sense of humor comes from.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Chappelle "killing them softly" is probably my favorite stand-up ever.

But, mostly a Curb/Seinfeld type of guy. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee slays me. Love some Simpsons and Futurama as well.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I generally find people who take themselves way too seriously to be pretty funny to watch.

It's even funnier when they try to hold everyone else to their standard and no one else cares.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Usually absurd humour.
Movies I'd actually laughed at, as opposed to a cracking a smile or chuckling, include Top Secret, Kung Pow, and Naked Gun (that bribery scene).
TV shows include the Simpsons, 30 Rock, Kimmy Schmidt (especially so!).

Sometimes something hits just the right spot, and I hurt from trying not to laugh. There was a time when I could not LOOK at this picture, I couldn't even THINK of it, because it would hurt me.
UD3dRLq.jpg

I still smile when I read Oat Goblins, but I don't know why.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Usually absurd humour.
Movies I'd actually laughed at, as opposed to a cracking a smile or chuckling, include Top Secret, Kung Pow, and Naked Gun (that bribery scene).
TV shows include the Simpsons, 30 Rock, Kimmy Schmidt (especially so!).

Sometimes something hits just the right spot, and I hurt from trying not to laugh. There was a time when I could not LOOK at this picture, I couldn't even THINK of it, because it would hurt me.
UD3dRLq.jpg

I still smile when I read Oat Goblins, but I don't know why.

This has me horse laughing

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Blackadder
Jam
Big Train
Smack the Pony
Spaced
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Peep Show
Greenwing
The League of Gentlemen
Psychoville
Inside Number 9

Dark or surreal humour tickles me.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I like anything from satire (veep, pen15, parks and rec, 30 rock) to absurdism (curb your enthusiasm, seinfeld) to juvenile (looney tunes, dragon ball, cheesy innuendos).

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
This thread reads like a bunch of people sampling each others farts like a fine wine.

Anyway, stuff that would probably get me banned on here I find funny. Dark I suppose would be the term. Absurdist?

Deleted member 3534

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Da Ali G Show and all the things it spawned might be the hardest I've ever laughed at anything.

When Sacha Baron Cohen asks C. Everett Coop why skeletons are always doing evil stuff I laughed as hard as I've ever laughed. Close second is the interview with the veterinarian.

The Onion holds a near and dear place in my heart. "Archeologists discover ancient race of skeleton people." comes instantly to mind.

A Confederacy of Dunces is my favorite book.

The Simpsons and It's Always Sunny are my two favorite shows.

My favorite comedians are Bill Hicks and Gilbert Gottfried.

I love when incredibly stupid things are presented very seriously.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
I like it when drama and comedy aren't separated. I watched In Bruges recently and that got the balance perfectly. I'll laugh more at stuff like Killing Eve, being human and Orphan Black than I will most sit coms.
All get a bit crazy but are still grounded, so I guess that heightened reality(?) appeals too.

I also lmao at Legends of Tomorrow which can get completely mental but is a lot lighter.

Away from that Frasier was amazing for mixing the best of British and American humour styles.

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I love Always Sunny, Monty Python, Eric Andre, ZAZ movies and so on, so I guess I tend to lean towards dark, bleak, surreal and absurdist humor.

But I find a lot of different stuff funny.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly humor that puts a mirror in our dumb selfish entitled faces.
Using humor to deal with life's atrocities is great imo.