• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
I work a busy desk job but the last few weeks the workflow has died down with hardly anything to do. I've been scrolling through ERA as well as social media but i was wondering what else people do?
I feel bad sitting here on my phone since my line manager sits behind me and can see my computer screens but when there's nothing to do i can't think of any alternative.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Take free online classes in your field or industry. Udemy. LinkedIn Learning, Youtube, etc.

Theef

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I work from home/anywhere, my quiet times are conference calls so I plan runs during those.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
When I worked at a bar, you'd have to find something to do, but I'd always just chat shit with everyone out back in the glass wash.

Oct 25, 2017
Get into an argument with someone here over dumb shit.

I also like writing in my binder. Makes me look super busy even tho I'm just writing out my next shopping list or just determining how to spend my next paycheck.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clean up, reorder documents or stock structures, check for any network/computer shit that needs updating... there's always something productive to do when work is quiet.

nevercomehome

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly browse ERA and chat with friends online. I really should work on my own personal art projects since that's what the guy I replaced advised. He was like "there's a lot of downtime here since they won't really give you a lot to do. You should take the opportunity to work on pieces for your portfolio or else you'll go crazy waiting for the work day to end."

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Organize stuff basically. Otherwise I just play on my phone or browse this site.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I try to learn new skills using PDF books or websites. However, it can be difficult to do because sooner or later something will come up and mess with my focus.

Oct 28, 2017
I add another show to my All in the Family Television Universe (There are 21 shows so far that I connect back to the mother show )

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
giphy.gif

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i was about to make this thread. Whats worse its a new job so I don't want to look like i'm not doing anything.

I'd prefer to be busy tbh.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of reddit, Resetera, read/watch video game lore wiki entries or videos.

Every once and a while I'll write up some short horror stories, too. That can make an afternoon fly by.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I play games remotely on my home PC from my workstation (with my boss's permission) when it's slow. Like it is now.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
When my job isn't busy you have the option to go home unpaid, which I sometimes do. If I persevere though, I often work on a LEGO set at my desk or draw.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Clean up, reorder documents or stock structures, check for any network/computer shit that needs updating... there's always something productive to do when work is quiet.
This is what my old uncle used to say. But how productive is it really if it's so low priority that you only do it when you have absolutely nothing else to do?

I got a pretty flexible workspace, so during the summer vacation weeks where activity dies down, I try to get some work days from home so I don't have to sit and pretend to be busy. It seriously stresses me out.