• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

what do you think about hot dogs

• they smack

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • they're decent

Votes: 145 27.2%
  • they're nasty as hell

Votes: 47 8.8%
  • it depends

Votes: 96 18.0%

• Total voters

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy hot dogs, but typically the all-beef variety like Hebrew National. Had one for dinner today with some Frank's sauerkraut and a squirt of ketchup. It was great.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Not really my thing. Although I'll have a turkey dog now and then if there's a good deli mustard on hand.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I just get a real craving and I gotta eat a hot dog. The first one is great. The second one is okay. And then I'm grossed out by them. I've tried all the brands that are supposed to be good and get sick of them all the same.

When you're camping, however, hot dogs cooked on a stick over the fire are magically the tastiest thing ever.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I love 'em, though with the plainest of hot dog toppings (ketchup+mustard). Sometimes I'll go for a chili dog if I want to eat like a filthy animal.

People kept making a big deal about finding out what they're made of, like it was going to put me off of hot dogs forever. And, you know, it didn't.

Also, it may be blasphemous, but I like them boiled.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I have tried several hotdogs from the basic water boiled mystery meat bag to gourmet truffle and foie gras hotdogs. Not really my thing.

Love a good German Bratwurst though as a meal with sides.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I love eating hot dogs with ketchup on them

*folds arms and smiles*

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
It depends. A good gourmet dog, with a grilled bratwurst and some thoughtful condiments, definitely smacks but a conventional hot dog, with a boiled frankfurter and only ketchup or mustard, is kind of dull.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I don't really like them, but I was at a bbq at my mom's house earlier today and I knew I would get stoned later and not give a shit about liking them or not, it's food.

And here I am, halfway through my slightly reheated hot dog in a slightly stale bun, stoned

And it is food

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love hotdogs. Don't know if they're the same here as in America, but throwing some mustard, mushrooms, cheese and tomato sauce on a nicely steamed frank with fresh hotdog buns? So damn good.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I eat them like twice a year. Once is always on vacation when I'm on the boat and we go have lunch in a shallow side of the lake.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I try not to tihnk about hot dogs. I don't like meat in general so they do nothing for me.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I like plain mustard or ketchup (not both) and raw white onion. 🌭

Dogs cooked on a roller are way better than grilled, not a fan of the char dogs

konka

Oct 25, 2017
There is only one correct way to cook a hot dog.

Gotta marinate it.

ModesR9.jpg

hLZilsG.jpg

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
There is a bar within walking distance of my apartment that grills up a superb hot dog. A Hebrew National Jumbo Beef Frank with chili, cheese and coleslaw. They are fucking delicious but you need a stack on napkins when you eat them. I love sitting out on their patio in the Summer with a beer and a hot dog.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A good hot dog grilled until it's crackly and crispy outside is quite a treat. Especially if the bun has a little butter and is lightly grilled too.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I used to eat them all the time when I was a child, mostly any time I was at the local arcade. Went off them when I found out what they put in them.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I used to eat them all the time when I was a child, mostly any time I was at the local arcade. Went off them when I found out what they put in them.
Hotdogs are magical, not just because of the amazing tastes, flavours, and aromas of a grilled dog, a fresh frank from a sports game arena, or a chili dog from the local hotdog cart outside of a costco during a crisp early autumn morning. No. Hot dogs should be praised, worshipped, and devoured for the magical properties of which the hot dog casings encapsulate.

OP
OP

Deleted member 54469

User requested account closure
Mar 4, 2019
Hotdogs are magical, not just because of the amazing tastes, flavours, and aromas of a grilled dog, a fresh frank from a sports game arena, or a chili dog from the local hotdog cart outside of a costco during a crisp early autumn morning. No. Hot dogs should be praised, worshipped, and devoured for the magical properties of which the hot dog casings encapsulate.

real shit. i'm going to have to frame this reply in my kitchen.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Decent snack.
But i prefer my city's version compared with the classic one.

Good cheeseburgers are better tho.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I used to only be able to eat hotdogs completely smothered and covered with ketchup. Then, a while back, my work and held a hotdog eating contest, which I entered. Which I then won three years in a row. Now, I absolutely love hotdogs. I mainly eat them plain, but I will eat them with just about anything and everything on them. But I prefer them plain. I love them so much.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I used to only be able to eat hotdogs completely smothered and covered with ketchup. Then, a while back, my work and held a hotdog eating contest, which I entered. Which I then won three years in a row. Now, I absolutely love hotdogs. I mainly eat them plain, but I will eat them with just about anything and everything on them. But I prefer them plain. I love them so much.

The only time I enjoy them plain is at a Cubs game. I can eat 15 of those steamed goodness.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
If you haven't experienced a hot dog cooked right over a campfire, then you have not truly lived.

Outside of a camping environment the only time I like them is when Minute Maid Park does dollar hot dogs

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite foods.

I go simple, usually just mustard. But i love dogs with mustard, sourkraut, and onions.

I like all hot dogs and will eat all hot dogs but I prefer light skin to no noticeable skin. I don't prefer dogs that snap or dogs that have the skin separate from the filler. I grew up on Kayem dogs with no noticeable casing and that's what I prefer now, but I can eat either and like both.

Ketchup on a hot dog is an abomination if only because of the clashing colors.

Hot dogs are one of those foods that I might prefer the cheap mass produced kind. Not that I don't like some fancy nancy dog but I love the shottt ones that come 20-40 in a box for cookouts too

Last edited:

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
There was a bad period of my life where I ate oscar meyer hotdogs nearly every day for a month. That still didn't put me off of hot dogs, that shit is tasty.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Overall pretty great. I like to use these with some nice chili sauce. Absolutely delicious.

beddar-w-cheddar.png

51D8PbLk14L.jpg

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I like those costco hotdogs, but I can't really tell the difference between the polish hotdogs and dinner franks besides the kosher thing.