• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Cyberpunk 2077 release on 04/16/2020?

• Yes, it will release on time.

Votes: 494 50.5%
  • Delayed 1 month.

Votes: 73 7.5%
  • Delayed to Summer.

Votes: 204 20.8%
  • Delayed to Fall.

Votes: 208 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I think it releases on time -- at most a 1 month delay - and they quickly split resources between patching the existing game and finishing the PS5/Xbox versions for day one launch.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I could see a small delay to Late June. Honestly, I'd be kinda happy for it. Ha ha

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The obsession this forum have for delays is annoying to say the least. They will delay it if they need to, if there's no rumors of development problems there's nothing to discuss.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
so you think a full release on next gen with a tiny user base and a staggered release on current gen with millions of users make sense?

I see it releasing on time and April 2021 we get the next gen remaster. That year delay will allow for next gen base to get larger and will make more sense for the remaster (or a paid upgrade patch) from a business point of view

Yes, because regardless of date it will sell to the people that wanted it. Or more. If anything, April may actually have them loose sales since many people will wait for the next gen version.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Yes, because regardless of date it will sell to the people that wanted it. Or more. If anything, April may actually have them loose sales since many people will wait for the next gen version.

Outside of some hardcore gamers I don't think general gaming audience is going to holdout for next-gen release.

Tradesman

May 22, 2019
I think a small delay , I'm still trying to decide on which platform to get it. I've got a 1060 6GB i7 laptop and a ps4pro I like playing long rpgs on the sofa on the big screen so I'm thinking ps4 pro but worried it will run like shit.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I'm expecting a small delay of 1-3 months. They have a lot of expectations to meet and a massive game to deliver on. I usually don't bother getting hyped for games until a month or two before release in order to tamper my disappointment.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I'm expecting a small delay of 1-3 months. They have a lot of expectations to meet and a massive game to deliver on. I usually don't bother getting hyped for games until a month or two before release in order to tamper my disappointment.

They shouldn't get bogged down by expectations games. CP77 means so many different things to different people with their own high or low expectations from it.

CDPR will never be able to meet that.

It was encouraging for the April date that last November dev said that game is in last stages of development so they most likely are doing some last bits of content, polishing, VA etc.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
They shouldn't get bogged down by expectations games. CP77 means so many different things to different people with their own high or low expectations from it.

CDPR will never be able to meet that.

It was encouraging for the April date that last November dev said that game is in last stages of development so they most likely are doing some last bits of content, polishing, VA etc.

I do wonder if some people's insanely build up hype will make them sour if it doesn't deliver on their own imaginative expectations.

OP
OP
Maligna

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I already planned my vacation around it, it better not be delayed.

I have to decide if I want to do that as well. It's part of why I made this thread. So far Era seems to feel 50% confident it'll hit the date. Is that good enough to bet my vacation on? I dunno.

I do wonder if some people's insanely build up hype will make them sour if it doesn't deliver on their own imaginative expectations.
It's hard to control my hype when my imagination has been running wild since it was announced 7 years ago. I know it's no one's fault but my own though.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I have to decide if I want to do that as well. It's part of why I made this thread. So far Era seems to feel 50% confident it'll hit the date. Is that good enough to bet my vacation on? I dunno.

It's hard to control my hype when my imagination has been running wild since it was announced 7 years ago. I know it's no one's fault but my own though.
Well my vacation isn't set in stone, so I can always change it, but I already planned around it. Can you do the same? When do you have to lock that in?

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
last i've heard grimes hasn't even done her voice acting yet. marketing is completly quiet. not a single game journo was able to get hands on the game yet. it's going to get delayed.

In November CD Project announced the game was essentially finished and was undergoing final testing and localisation.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
In November CD Project announced the game was essentially finished and was undergoing final testing and localisation.

and during gamescom they said that character creation is still being worked on. whatever they said could mean anything, it's way too vague and nobody of us is in the know about how finished the game is. once the game releases they going to keep working on it anyway, adding free dlc, working on the expansions and patches. they might cut some stuff last minute to get the game out in april and add some things later through patches.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
If they're going to delay it I think it'd be a month tops. I don't think it'll get delayed though. They've had the marketing train rolling for a while, it seems like they're about ready to go.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
If they're going to delay it I think it'd be a month tops. I don't think it'll get delayed though. They've had the marketing train rolling for a while, it seems like they're about ready to go.

what marketing train? did i miss something? the last thing they did for marketing that made some waves was the deep dive video months ago.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
what marketing train? did i miss something? the last thing they did for marketing that made some waves was the deep dive video months ago.

They have been touring globe with 1h gameplay demo event they set up and started with E3 2019. Even doing localized versions of it, e.g. in France they ran French dub on the game.

They have been doing one of those... what are they called, name of that event is escaping me? One where people follow hidden clues etc. to finds other hidden shit that leads to reveals etc. Blizzard has done few of those for OW. CP77 has been taking place over MONTHS now.

Music push in Games Awards.

Cosplay and photo contests.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
They have been touring globe with 1h gameplay demo event they set up and started with E3 2019. Even doing localized versions of it, e.g. in France they ran French dub on the game.

They have been doing one of those... what are they called, name of that event is escaping me? One where people follow hidden clues etc. to finds other hidden shit that leads to reveals etc. Blizzard has done few of those for OW. CP77 has been taking place over MONTHS now.
ARG. They sent out packages to youtube influencers and they've been decrypting the codes on live streams.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Nope, if anything CD Projekt already announced that Cyberpunk is in final stages of development back in november last year.

Exactly this^
and during gamescom they said that character creation is still being worked on. whatever they said could mean anything, it's way too vague and nobody of us is in the know about how finished the game is. once the game releases they going to keep working on it anyway, adding free dlc, working on the expansions and patches. they might cut some stuff last minute to get the game out in april and add some things later through patches.
"Worked on" probably just means "tweaking and polishing".

The definitive thing about CD Projekt Red saying that they are in the final stages of development on Cyberpunk 2077 is that they said that in an Investor's call - you can even see the video of it on YouTube.

They wouldn't lie to their Investors :)

Music push in Games Awards.

Cosplay and photo contests.
Exactly. They've done more of a marketing push for this game before the actual marketing push even begins, than most AAA game companies do with their primary marketing push.

That's a lot of pushing!

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
I feel like it'll hit the release date, but I'd prefer it to be delayed. They already seemed to cut corners with the cutscenes being in first person and I bet the game will be polished enough to satisfy reviewers but alot of the more minor bugs and balancing patches will probably be done after the game is out.

Beyond that, the next couple of months are going to be way too stressful for me to properly enjoy my time with the game. (I was glad about TLoU2 and WD3 being delayed as well)

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I feel like it'll hit the release date, but I'd prefer it to be delayed. They already seemed to cut corners with the cutscenes being in first person and I bet the game will be polished enough to satisfy reviewers but alot of the more minor bugs and balancing patches will probably be done after the game is out.

Beyond that, the next couple of months are going to be way too stressful for me to properly enjoy my time with the game. (I was glad about TLoU2 and WD3 being delayed as well)

Just how having every conversation, cutscene, interaction sequence etc. in FP is "cutting corners"?

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
They already seemed to cut corners with the cutscenes being in first person
Wut??

You do know that they are going for completely immersive cutscenes that have you in full control the entire time - as in they are real time cutscenes that don't have black bars that appear on the top and bottom of the screen and render you powerless to control anything - merely forced to watch the goings-on.

During one of these active cutscenes, if someone walks in the room, you can turn your attention to them and bring them into the conversation, or even notice an object in the room and bring it into the conversation, things like that. You can also draw your gun at any point and completely change the narrative of what is happening.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Delayed to Summer or Fall. I voted for Fall. And honestly I hope they polish (haha!) the shit out of this game. I need some tight and snappy shooting mechanics to fully enjoy this type of game.

SbnaS

Sep 3, 2018
I voted it will release on time. That's more a wish than anything. I'm looking forward to this game more than any other. I already put in for time off of work.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018

I hope these two games can use the delay and have a first person option because why not? Every game should be developed in all perspectives now to give players the most options. /s

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
I think it will release on time. If there was a delay, I doubt it'd be long.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Wait, but there were only two delays in the case of Witcher 3, no? First was vaguely the year 2014, then it was announced that the game is going to be released in February of 2015 and then it was delayed to May of the same year, where it was actually released...
Those are multiple delays? Two isn't that bad, no ?

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I don't think they will delay it for a longer period of time. I wouldn't be suprised if they delay it to May, though. Sometimes one month is very crucial for finishing development and CD Projekt has a long history with this month. The Witcher 2, The Witcher 3, Blood and Wine expansion and Gwent's open beta launched in May. If they ever found a need to push a release, moving it to May would be a safe bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.