• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly just pronouncing it differently than what locals do. You can always tell who's from out of town. Won't say the name of the town, cuz you know, weirdos.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
BAAAAHHHHHHHSTIN with a super exaggerated accent
very few people do but don't call it beantown either. nobody eats baked beans here it's not a thing

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
The concrete city (SĂŁo Paulo).

Not that it isn't true, it's just tacky.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I don't think anyone calls San Diego anything other than San Diego. lol

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some alt righters are still fucking pissed that Ä°stanbul isn't theirs anymore.

I've legit seen "TAKE BACK CONSTANTINOPLE" advocated as a cause.

It's fucking hilarious lol

(cue They Might Be Giants)

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think anyone calls San Diego anything other than San Diego. lol

I've heard America's Finest City many times over the years, usually from politicians, but also in stuff like that stupid rap about wanting the the Chargers to stay.
My take on it is basically "Boring, but ok, sure.".
Plymouth Of The West makes sense I guess, but I haven't heard it in years.

Shit like Sun Dog has me going WTF, though. I believe you'd get slapped for that.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
We live in city called West Chicago which has a high Hispanic population.

So people refer to it as "Wet Chicano" in a stereotypical accent.

Yes, it's awful and yes I tell people not to say it again.

Oct 29, 2017
I dont live there anymore but boy, get ready for an earful if you call SF "Frisco" Or "San Fran"....its THE CITY....but those people also use "hella" constantly and unironically so what the fuck do they know?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I've heard America's Finest City many times over the years, usually from politicians, but also in stuff like that stupid rap about wanting the the Chargers to stay.
My take on it is basically "Boring, but ok, sure.".
Plymouth Of The West makes sense I guess, but I haven't heard it in years.

Shit like Sun Dog has me going WTF, though. I believe you'd get slapped for that.
Sun Dog? People say that? lol

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Amish Country.

Lancaster Is the 8th most populated city in Pennsylvania and is about 40 percent Latino (Puerto Rican by in large). It's very much a city of culture, arts, and music. It has very close ties to near-by Philadelphia. August Burns Red was the local band I grew up with as a teenager there. We're also the only blue district in the entire shit-ass county.

Drive 20 minutes outside of town, and yes, you can experience some Amish country.

Lancaster City ≠ Lancaster County

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Amish Country.

Lancaster Is the 8th most populated city in Pennsylvania and is about 40 percent Latino (Puerto Rican by in large). It's very much a city of culture, arts, and music. It has very close ties to near-by Philadelphia. August Burns Red was the local band I grew up with as a teenager there. We're also the only blue district in the entire shit-ass county.

Drive 20 minutes outside of town, and yes, you can experience some Amish country.

Lancaster City ≠ Lancaster County

Coming from Philly, I thought it was Amish Country too. My bad.
I went there a few times to record and perform. You guys have Sheetz instead of Wawa, I'll try not to hold that against you./s

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Only name for Denton I ever heard was "Little D" in contrast to "Big D" for Dallas. Didn't really ever bother me.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
It annoys me when people pronounce it Boy-Zee instead of Boy-See when talking about Boise.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I went there a few times to record and perform. You guys have Sheetz instead of Wawa, I'll try not to hold that against you./s
There used to be Wawas when I lived here before as a kid. There's like one now and it's not in town. Sheetz took over.

Where did you record? Was it recently? My roommates own and run The Kaleidoscope Recording Studio (been around for a couple years now). I'm there constantly for shows.

Oct 27, 2017
San Fran

I dont live there anymore but boy, get ready for an earful if you call SF "Frisco" Or "San Fran"....its THE CITY....but those people also use "hella" constantly and unironically so what the fuck do they know?

Frisco's always been a legit nickname stemming from the (shrinking) black and brown population. Anyone hating on Frisco because of an old ass Herb Caen article reeks of classism if not worse.

Last edited:

FirMatt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boston MA
Worchester (vs. Wis-ter, as we pronounce it here). Oh, and people also call it Wormtown and I find that pretty dumb. (although I'm into "the Woo").

Oct 28, 2017
There used to be Wawas when I lived here before as a kid. There's like one now and it's not in town. Sheetz took over.

Where did you record? Was it recently? My roommates own and run The Kaleidoscope Recording Studio (been around for a couple years now). I'm there constantly for shows.

Couple years ago when I was still heavy into hip-hop. I recorded with a group called "Live Percenter", but I couldn't tell you where I was only there for a few days. The gig was in the city but the stu was right off of the eway by a sheetz.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
My village of Brookfield (just outside Chicago) has always been referred to as Brown Town or Crookfield by neighboring towns, and I never understood why.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Whenever you tell someone you are from Glasgow and they say "Glesga" and follow it up with some stereotype sentence about drinking in a really bad Glaswegian accent. Fuck off.