• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Basically, Nathan and Elena are married and have a daughter. Do you like it or do you think it was unnecessary? I skirt back and forth because... apparently Amy Henning's original ending was going to leave it open for an Uncharted 5, but they decided to wrap it up for good.

As for the ending, it's not the WORST married with kids epilogue I've ever seen (because as has been shown, that ending is VERY easy to screw up) But Uncharted 4 was.... it's there I guess. Probably my third favorite Uncharted game after 2 and 3.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Loved it. Was a nice way to wrap up Nathan's story. Also they could always do more games with his daughter if needed or obviously his brother or Chloe or anyone for that matter.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
It was a very nice ending, although I thought "yeah this is not the end, they'll start making Uncharted with other protagonists"
And 1 year later we got that glorious stand alone dlc entry.
Still waiting for the Sully Uncharted

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great epilogue - it was the perfect way to wrap up the Nathan Drake arc

As proven by Lost Legacy, there are plenty of other stories to tell in this universe

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely loved it. It was the perfect way to end their story

And the house setting was great too. I love ND's houses, their earlier house is also a blast to explore

Also, Vicky <3

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Thought it was unnecessary and would have preferred them to leave it open. That being said I understand why they did it and it was well executed.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked it, my first thought was the next game would feature his daughter which would be cool.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Basically, Nathan and Elena are married and have a daughter. Do you like it or do you think it was unnecessary? I skirt back and forth because... apparently Amy Henning's original ending was going to leave it open for an Uncharted 5, but they decided to wrap it up for good.

As for the ending, it's not the WORST married with kids epilogue I've ever seen (because as has been shown, that ending is VERY easy to screw up) But Uncharted 4 was.... it's there I guess. Probably my third favorite Uncharted game after 2 and 3.

It was nice. It kinda wrapped it up and let you know Nate had a happy ending, had a kid, still got to do what he loved with his wife.

With that said, I hope 5-10 years down the line we get one more adventure with Nate or featuring him. The character is just really great and I have an attachment to him.

Lost Legacy was fantastic tho, so even if we don't get Nate in a sequel I'm sure it'll be fine.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
It was fantastic to me, the final moments finding the wardrove full of stuff from early adventures and the last shot withNate, Elena, and Sully's picture. Excellent.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah.... upon thinking about it. I'm planning to replay Uncharted next year to do a video on them... and it was nice.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Didn't love U4 as much as the rest of the series, but the ending is perfect. I wouldn't change anything. Stories should end. Stop dragging shit out forever and ruining it.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I loved it. Simple, but very well executed.

I'll take a nice, definitive ending over "leaving things open" for Final Uncharted 13 any day thanks. Good stories have actual endings, rather than limping along until they cease to make a profit. (Besides, if people demand more Uncharted they can do more Lost Legacy type spin-offs or just go the outright spiritual successor route.)

5olid_5nake

Oct 30, 2017
Amazing and perfect way to end Drake's story. Also liked how they teased how Uncharted 4 will be all dark and brooding and it turned out to be completely opposite.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Fan fucking tastic. It was a great end to Nathan's story. He was so tired and beat up looking by the end. I'm just glad they didn't kill him. I hate that shit.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It was too saccharine for my taste.

The ending before the epilogue worked for me. The epilogue photographs over the credits would've been fine.

It felt like an ending for a franchise you have nostalgia for, like Resident Evil.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
My wife and I could not stop gushing about it for like a week after we finished the game. We were so happy for Nate and Elena.

Really want a new Uncharted eventually with a decent time skip to see their daughter go on an adventure.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great way to cap the story so there's not much opening for Nate spinoffs that drive the character arc into the ground.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
To give closure on a series and story/characters that are so popular is very rare, so I really appreciated and enjoyed when they did the epilogue. And how it played out was fantastic too.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It was perfect imo. It beautifully capped Nathan and Elena's stories. I hope we get some more Uncharted tho.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely loved it.

I thought it was just so thoughtful, satisfying, and heartfelt and above-and-beyond how I expected the franchise to be wrapped up.

From the big-picture elements of it (playing as their daughter is just such a sentimental and lovely concept) down to the absolute MOUNTAIN of easter eggs and small elements to explore in the environment, catching you up on their life and careers, what kind of people they've become... it's just pitch-perfect.

Might be my favorite game ending ever, come to think of it.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
honestly to me it felt kinda shoehorned in but then again what didn't with the game, there having to be 2 villains that were obviously 1 person split into 2 roles later indevelopment and don't even get me started on the trope of having to introduce new family members that were never mentioned in the previous 4 games when the story starts to run out of ideas

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Loved it. Very few games actually give you a fully formed and satisfying conclusion.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Also loved it. Loved the whole story in that game really, the epilogue just capped off all the games nicely as well.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I felt it really wrapped things up well. Let Nathan rest and live his life. If we get another Uncharted, let it star someone else.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is a bit of head canon on my part, but my interpretation of the ending was that the events of the Uncharted series are literally the stories Drake shares with his daughter.

So not only does the epilogue loop back into the start of the series, with how he and Elena first met (which is thematically rad as hell!), but it also handwaves away a lot of the ridiculousness of Drake managing to survive so many bullets/falls/drownings/explosions/etc because these are the same types of stories he and Sully have spent years telling and retelling in bars all around the world.

So then, did his adventures actually happen? Yeah, probably. They've just been embellished to the point that they're now sweeping, romantic action/adventure stories ripped straight out the pages of pulp adventure novels… or even a hit series videogames ;)

IMO I loved everything about Uncharted 4, and thought it was a better ending to the series than most series - or even stories - will ever get. Thematically on point, and tied up in a way that lends perfectly to revisits to previous entries, just as Nate will surely revisit the same stories.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't like it. It's a love letter to Elena that pretends that she wasn't treated like garbage for the majority of the series.

It acts like she wasn't kicked to the curb for Chloe in 2, Sully in 3 and Sam in 4.

From the last 5 minutes of Uncharted 1, to about 1/2 way through Uncharted 4 she was treated like crap.

Uncharted 1: Powerful equal to Nate until she is made a damsel in distress at the last second(also Swerve, the non white guy was the real bad guy all along)
Uncharted 2: Kicked the curb for the more attractive model like she was Wade Wells in Sliders. Slightly mitigated by the fact that Nate chooses her over Chloe at the end. Is only there to be a damsel in distress.
Uncharted 3: Kicked to the curb for Sully. Is in the game for 5 minutes. Her helping Nate get on the plane should have been the plan in the first place. The whole "I don't want you to get hurt" thing was bullshit.

*Side note* How did we get from "If you love her, tell her" to Nate and Elena being married for years and casually saying I love you frequently? That lap scene in 3 was not earned. What was the ring in 3? Were Nate and Elena married? Engaged, Was she either of those with someone else? When and how did they get back together and snuggling while playing Crash on the couch? This story is more important then the shoehorned in backstory that broke the existing cannon they went with.

Uncharted 4: Kicked to the curb for Sam. More "I don't want you to get hurt BS". Treated okay in the back half of the game.

Also I'm on team Tomb Raider is better because Lara is still stopping the bad guy from using the magic treasure to take over the world.

I find Uncharted's selflessly murdering thousands to get to treasure first then going "Eh, changed my mind. Lets go home. But boy we sure did learn about our relationship didn't we?" beyond stupid. Especially Lost Legacy's attempt to fix this problem without bringing in magic which was even more dumb. You know what would have made Chloe's story with her dad better? If the tusk was fucking magic and she found out he died stoping some other bad guy from getting it.

Last edited:

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Love it,it was the perfect farewell for the series and Nathan Drake,when the credits started rolling I started to cry,no shame.One of my favorites endings ever,the best happy ending for sure.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely beautiful. Flipping through the photo album moved me to tears.

For me it justifies the whole game, not that I didn't really enjoy everything else.