• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Krakoa is the name of my island. Tweet is just the external of my house, obviously a work in progress! Biggest things coming along is that I'm due for the first house expansion at reset in the morning and waiting for that coconut tree behind the lawn chair to fully grow for the full horizon effect. There's some normal fruit trees growing just out of frame off to the right as well. Can't wait until I have the ability to buy or make more lawn chairs later down the line so it can be a full seaside hangout!

Texan365

Oct 27, 2017
Midgar. Gonna make some Shinra branding and put it up everywhere. High ground for the plates and low ground for the slums.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Goodnight, my pets.

Se8wGAu.jpg

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Went with Monona with it meaning something beautiful it seems and sounded nice as 'Monona Island'. Realise it's a city in WI as well but from the UK so hadn't heard of it and it sounded nice. Some snaps from the opening below. Tybalt is bae.

e: Just stepped out of my wonderful new home!

etnvzc0uyaintd2xkji0.jpg

ETjViLwXsAEA8qv

img_20200320_115050gbju9.jpg

Last edited:

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Went with 'Lax Haven in honour of Mr Tom Nook telling me to chill, whilst simultaneously screwing me over all game.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Aeaea. (It's an island from Greek Mythology)

How do I share screenshots without Twitter or FB? I took this one with my phone...

20200320_204651.jpg

The photomode is actually really interesting and fun, but it's ticking me off I can't share without social media? :(
Cute photo! good question! The best option is to use a microSD card in the Switch and pop it out, but it's a bit of a pain. Shame there is no other way to access those images.

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
Mine's Asturalia.

Don't think anyone will care but here's the story behind that: in the 80s my region (Asturies, in northern Spain) got smothered with Australian eucaliptus trees for quick lumber profit. Not a great idea IRL, let me tell you.

A local band satirized the situation with a song renaming our region 'Asturalia', lamenting our lack of kangaroos and famously proclaiming at the end: "we want to be an island!".

TGR Sean

Nov 5, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Travincal.

I'm pretending this is an alternate reality origin story. Someday when I abandon the game and the weeds take over, my head canon is that the island degenerates into Travincal from Diablo 2 and Nook, Isabelle, etc. become the Council.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I named mine tazmily(village) and its gonna stay like the 1st part of tazmily the whole time, except with money inherently apart of it

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
My AC towns have always been named Arcadia, and I have a flag design that's an A with a wing

I like Skies of Arcadia

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Went with 'Lax Haven in honour of Mr Tom Nook telling me to chill, whilst simultaneously screwing me over all game.

.... And Mr Nook literally just told me about "zero interest financing and and extremely lax payment plan".

I couldn't have chosen a better Island name, it seems.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Aoshima. Based on the Japanese island that's home to many cats.

ETrQS5IUEAAV-TB

Sadly no cats just yet :(

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I wanted something film related and thought about Heatherlands (after Heathers) but it was too long, and Carrie (after Carrie) but ended up going with Oharu, after an old Mizuguchi film called The Life of Oharu.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I named my town Warp Zone. See, I'm using this town to celebrate the upcoming 35th anniversery of Super Mario Brothers, so the goal is to eventully divide my town up into somewhat Mario themed "worlds", with approprite themeing. The twist here, is that these "worlds" will be full of sprite edits of my own making, of Mario cosplaying as unusual characters!

I'm nowhere near getting that aspect together (I'll have to wait for terraforming to get there), but I made a welcome mat mosaic as a sort of test. So when you first enter my town, you see this!

ETlqOPrU8AAy_fJ

Yeah, I couldn't resist a "WELCOME TO WARP ZONE!" joke lol. Also too many touhou cosplays since I focused on those first, there will hopefully be a lot more variety later!

My yard is a bunch of random bs and is nothing to look at. However, the inside of my house is a different story...

See, I'm annoyed by how long it takes for the museum to get up and running. So, to poke fun at this, I decided that most of my furniture would be fish and bugs until Blathers get's his shit together. Plus, I wanted more of a Doom tribute than just a Doom Guy Mario sprite at the entrance... so I ended up with what I like to call: Lord Blather's Sacrifical Altar!

ETsyoZvUEAA1GGU

ETsyoZ4UwAAfBYw

ETsyoZ6UYAAb9ze

ETsyoaCUEAA8F5y

Yeah... that ended up being a lot creepier than I first intended! Since I'm tearing it down today when the Museum opens (all of these are donations except for the two turtles, which believe it or not are actually NOT furniture, but something you can fish for!), I wanted these to live on in picture form!

Oh also, Most of the stuff here are QR codes I got from scanning them with Happy Home Designer. I can get other stuff like the Dark Matter and Creepy Reimu picture later, but I already posted the Doom stuff online (I can't extract photos directly from my 3DS cuz its a mac, so I gotta use twitter lol...).

If anyone wants to use the Doom wallpaper and floor, knock yourself out! They're actually textures from Doom 1 / 2! I think they work rather nicely!

ETo8jexU0AM53R9

ETo9BpPUcAEbMul

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
I named mine Innisfree after the poem by Yeats and the references in Helplessness Blues by Fleet Foxes

The Lake Isle of Innisfree

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet's wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Girlfriend named it Isolation Island. This is her first animal crossing game so I don't think she's aware the island is going to fill up with various critters.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Windfall!

man, oh man I wanna come to some of y'all towns, amazing.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
"Wuhu" after Nintendo's recurring Wuhu Island. And also as a reference to current events.

Runner-ups were "Eventide", "Windfall" and "Outset". Referencing Zelda games, like my 3DS village "Faron".

brendeth

Apr 3, 2019
AUS
This is my first Animal Crossing and I choked under the pressure/couldn't think of anything to fit within ten characters.

I ended up with LimpBizkit

I'm not proud of it, but I kinda am.