• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Ever since the DS version I always call my village Linalool. Got it off the ingredients list on a can of deodorant

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Newbury is part of my city name, and the blue skies we had yesterday were beautiful, so my wife came up with "Bluebury". I like it.

Edit: And my avatar:

G3Bicuy.png

Last edited:

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I settled on calling my island Amity.

It always sounded so nice and tranquil to me, Amity Island. How can you not love an island named for its friendliness? Ooh ah it's the perfect Animal Crossing name.

tumblr_p8clp1NPkR1uxke6do7_r1_400.gifv

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
Arcadia. Not because of Skies of Arcadia, even though I loved the game back in the day, but because of its meaning.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Currently into Yakuza 0 so I"ve named my Island, Kazzy Isle because Gorogoroland has too many letters.

Also, I have oranges as my native fruit and Boots(Alligator) and Sylvia(Kangaroo) as my neighbors.

Oct 26, 2017
Named my island The Edge, after the Yes song Close to the Edge and also because it feels like we're on the edge of civilization. Plus I wanted a simpler, more direct name.

Currently into Yakuza 0 so I"ve named my Island, Kazzy Isle because Gorogoroland has too many letters.

Also, I have oranges as my native fruit and Boots(Alligator) and Sylvia(Kangaroo) as my neighbors.
Dang I got Sylvia too. First time with a kangaroo neighbor.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I named mine Avaritia

It's Latin for greed. Works as a reference to HxH (Greed Island) and XC2 (Argentum's Japanese name is Avartia)

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna call it Greed Island but it didnt fit. So I opted for Greedland. My comment is "Capitalism is King" and I've already designed a dress shirt with tie and a suit and tie variation of it. Just waiting for black pants and loafers and I'll be teaching these communist animals the value of the bells.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Valentia.

It is an island after all (the real town in Spain is on the sea), plus the best 3DS FE needs love.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My preorder shipment got delayed, but I'm going to call it Subcon after SMB2 USA. It's what I always call my towns.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I've been thinking about it, and I believe I've finally settled on Maluhia, which should be Hawaiian for "peace" or "serenity". Was going to go with Mokumaluhia (Peaceful Island), but it's 1 character too long. The Hawaiian origin feels appropriate for New Horizons.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Aeaea. (It's an island from Greek Mythology)

How do I share screenshots without Twitter or FB? I took this one with my phone...

20200320_204651.jpg

The photomode is actually really interesting and fun, but it's ticking me off I can't share without social media? :(

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Aeaea. (It's an island from Greek Mythology)

How do I share screenshots without Twitter or FB? I took this one with my phone...

20200320_204651.jpg

The photomode is actually really interesting and fun, but it's ticking me off I can't share without social media? :(
If you have an SD card you can save it to that, and just stick it in your PC to extract them. Otherwise, you're SOL.