• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gianko

Nov 1, 2017
ROME, ITALY
i've made the preload of the game days ago but i haven't played it yet. This evening i will start and i will call my island: Azzurra because it's the name of my little doughter!

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My Gamecube town was called Lovely. My DS town was called Lovelier. My Wii town was Luvliest (I think due to the character limit). My 3DS town was New Love.

It took me a while to come up with a name for New Horizon town, but I eventually settled on Loveli'i, with an attempt to evoke a Hawai'i type island name.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the ability to make custom textures with transparency now :)

yhA2W3l.jpg

You monster

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My Gamecube town was called Lovely. My DS town was called Lovelier. My Wii town was Luvliest (I think due to the character limit). My 3DS town was New Love.

It took me a while to come up with a name for New Horizon town, but I eventually settled on Loveli'i, with an attempt to evoke a Hawai'i type island name.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the ability to make custom textures with transparency now :)

yhA2W3l.jpg

You wouldn't happen to have a QR code for those textures, would you?

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I've got until 5 to decide.

I'm working from home and I told myself I cannot play until my work day is over.

Oct 25, 2017
Spent literally two and a half hours on that blasted keyboard, stressing out over what to name my island and finally landed on...

Hoboken

...a city I've never been to and have no real connection to, but I've always loved the name since I was a kid because of the book/movie "The Hoboken Chicken Emergency." It was also the name of my first GameCube town which I shared with my brother, which is the main reason why it kept coming back during those two hours. My New Leaf name was a lame Arrested Development reference and I wasn't interested in repeating that.

Nostalgia wins!

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
After seeing someone named their town Nooklyn, I had to scrap my village and start over with Nookfield (I live in Brookfield). I'm embarrassed I didn't think of that myself.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Besaid

Final Fantasy X is my favorite game and Besaid is a nice chill island so I thought it fit pretty well

Plum

May 31, 2018
I've finally decided and set in stone the actual name:

Craggy Bay

It's not really related to the Father Ted island now, I just like the sound of it and want to keep my island somewhat 'rough' and nature-focused.

Now to play the actual game...

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
10 character limit is brutal but I'm going to go with...
Daybreak (Island) for 3 reasons.

1. Community reference
2. Kingdom Hearts reference
3. It's a wonderful break from my day.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Don't have it yet but it will be named Amity. Amity Island was the locale for the original Jaws.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
I was surprised by the seemingly short character limit. I wanted to name mine Easter Island and got cut off at Easter Isl

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I went with Covintine - an obvious mix of Covid and Quarantine. Holed up in the apartment with the wife and kid cause I'm required to WFH and city is approaching lockdown. Not sure if I'll regret tying the name to a terrible event or worth always remembering the start of this digital getaway....we were supposed to be in Disney World. Maybe I should've named it after that.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Mine is "Port Favor". It's a friendly little place that may become a friendly little town eventually.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I named the island Pangaea after the old supercontinent because it's basically the most important landmass in the game world.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
It took me awhile, but in the end I went with Pineglade.

I plan on basically making Westerosi Bear Island, so the name seemed suitably mystical.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
Buttstuff. Already a villager has told me about an item "This is perfect for Buttstuff!" so it has worked out well so far.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I named my island Isla Ultra.
Fruit: Peaches
Neighbors: Diva (Frog) and Sterling (Eagle)

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
I went with Foleán. It's a combination of the Irish words for empty (Folamh) and Island (Oileán). One of my villagers wanted to name it Swolesville and I was so tempted but I ended up sticking with this.