• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Main gift is a Surface Go, the one that comes with 8 gigs of ram. I also got a her a few small things: Tetris Effect, a necklace with a serotonin molecule on it, and some assorted stocking stuffers.

I don't think it'll get the same reaction the Switch did last year, but her netbook is garbage and she wants something small to have around.

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had to hold the cost down this year since I overdid it and bought a new Iphone with airpods last year, she thought that was too much so I've reined it in a bit.

So I've got her a bottle of Tom Ford White, a new toiletries/make-up bag, a huge box of chocolates and a short story that I wrote and printed a hard copy of just for her.
That's very sweet, I like a romantic.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She is huge into Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts and Disney so I got her

3 books about the Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts movies because she owns every other book already from previous Christmas/Birthday presenta

Custom portrait of us and our dog and cats in the Harry Potter universe

Lion King 4k steelbook

And I'll fill her stocking with candy and small Disney items.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Got mine a cashmere scarf from uniqlo, Sushi Striker for Switch, a super soft plush Corgi and a rose gold diamond bracelet.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
A book, an air humidifier for the bedroom and a Hydro flask. We decided to limit ourselves to $120 in gifts for each other.

Jul 20, 2018
I got my wife a stuffed Hedwig (it might not actually be Hedwig because the tag says "Fantastic Beasts" but I'm sure it won't matter in the end, it's a white Harry Potter owl) and a mystery box with a Harry Potter character. She already bought new iPads for me and herself so she didn't want me to spend a lot of money. Not that I typically do anyway.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
My and My GF are like 50+ hours into Gloomhaven, we are close to maxim out our first characters and it has been a blast. I can tell she wants to close the story on hers and will have to probably put it away for a while, but I think we will keep this game for many years to come.
Yeah, a friend of mine has it and we have a group who plays, and I know the husband has been a little envious of it (he stays home with the small folks while I go play), and we've been working on our project for a minute, so it seemed like the time to get us a copy. I'm excited to go through with two instead of four. And I do think we'll get a lot out of it.

Jazzman

Oct 25, 2017
Heading to Phoenix to spend Christmas with the Parents, so we aren't doing gifts in lieu of flight costs.

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She is huge into Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts and Disney so I got her

3 books about the Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts movies because she owns every other book already from previous Christmas/Birthday presenta

Custom portrait of us and our dog and cats in the Harry Potter universe

Lion King 4k steelbook

And I'll fill her stocking with candy and small Disney items.
Can you post the dog/cat ones? That sounds amazing.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
AirPods are the main thing. Other than that I got her a yoga mat carrier, a coffee mug with pictures of our kids on it, an electric kettle and some two player board games. We got the kids some board games suitable for their age, so I thought it'd be fun if we opened that one at the same time they open theirs.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
My husband is getting nothing from me, and I expect nothing from him.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
We were going to buy a new bed and mattress, but ended up paying $3k in car repairs last month, so we dropped that idea and decided to do small gifts.

I got her book six of Wheel of Time, an officially licensed necklace of the WoT serpent-wheel logo, a Charizard pin for her bag, a Sailor Moon necklace/earring set, and a bracelet set designed to wrap a hair-tie on.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm envious of those of you who got handmade/custom gifts for your SO. I don't know why I never even looked into that. Next year!

My girlfriend made most of my family members blankets. She's been knitting them for months. I think it's the gift I'm most excited to see people open, even though I had nothing to do with it.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A wireless keyboard/trackpad combo
Rune Factory 4 for the 3DS
A whole bunch of micro usb cables
Extra bass Sony headphones

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm envious of those of you who got handmade/custom gifts for your SO. I don't know why I never even looked into that. Next year!

My girlfriend made most of my family members blankets. She's been knitting them for months. I think it's the gift I'm most excited to see people open, even though I had nothing to do with it.
Everyone loves a nice blanket, especially handmade ones. I still have the one my Nana made me and I'm 28 years old.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Backup pair of Kenneth Cole Sunglasses
2 bottles of Victoria Secret Noir Tease
Apple Airpods
A trip to the Christmas Light Night tour of the Biltmore House
A Kate Spade Purse
An engraved necklace with our names and our newborn's name with birth stones
A 50 page custom book where I picked out each page and customized it to be about us and our love/life together.
A Bunch of random stuff for her stocking (got a matching "travel" version of the Victoria Secret perfume to go in it)

I also got floor tickets to see Kelly Clarkson on tour, but I've decided to hold those over to her birthday.

I think she's going to love it all. My favorite is actually the custom made 50 page book.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
2 pairs of Dr. Martens
Hot Chocolate mary janes
4 packs of Nesspresso pods
2 different NYX glitter makeup kits
Love Your Melon charcoal wrap

I wanted to do a piece of jewelry too but I did not see anything that I think she would love. I might end up ordering an instantpot since she threw out her old pressure cooker when we moved last year.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Midwest sucks ass, would love it take a weekend trip and take her to the Harry Potter exhibit but 12+ hours away means probably not :(

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
We make our big purchases together so it's not explicitly a gift from me to her. We just treat each other. I got a g-sync monitor she got an ipad pro(she likes drawing) and we also got a 4k tv. Sounds crazier than it is. We didn't get the best 4k or anything but a decent one the nu8000 and we hadn't bought a tv in like 8 years lol.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
No limit when it comes to my SO. Past presents have included diamond earrings and a Tag Heuer watch. This year is a pair of Oakley sunglasses for running in and a pair of Doctor Martin's boots because she's been hinting all year she wants some. Plus some other bits from the kids. She did get me a $3000 gaming laptop last year so I can't complain.

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Midwest sucks ass, would love it take a weekend trip and take her to the Harry Potter exhibit but 12+ hours away means probably not :(
Get tickets to NYC/Cursed Child and I promise she will love you forever. It was really amazing, even if the storyline is so so the visual effects and set design were so incredibly impressive. I was literally siting there like "how the hell did they do that". Seeing it live in front of you was special.

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Backup pair of Kenneth Cole Sunglasses
2 bottles of Victoria Secret Noir Tease
Apple Airpods
A trip to the Christmas Light Night tour of the Biltmore House
A Kate Spade Purse
An engraved necklace with our names and our newborn's name with birth stones
A 50 page custom book where I picked out each page and customized it to be about us and our love/life together.
A Bunch of random stuff for her stocking (got a matching "travel" version of the Victoria Secret perfume to go in it)

I also got floor tickets to see Kelly Clarkson on tour, but I've decided to hold those over to her birthday.

I think she's going to love it all. My favorite is actually the custom made 50 page book.
Can we get married? Sounds like you went above and beyond.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
A red iPhone XR because she won't stop moaning about her fucking phone. Also I had to convince her to let me buy her a new phone.

A few other bits of clothes and perfume too. I wrapped it up ages ago, I've actually forgotten what a few of the bits are!

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Can we get married? Sounds like you went above and beyond.

Haha, I told myself I need to "chill out" over last weekend. I've gone a bit overboard this year for her and the kids. Normally I keep to just a few gifts each.

You get dibs if anything happens, lol.

I don't plan on ever marrying again hopefully, our wedding is in March.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
Nothing, really. We tend to get what we want when we want it, and don't really want extravagant things anyway. Last year we skipped gifts because of upcoming flight costs, this year because we can't-be-assed. We'll have duck on 12/24, the usual 12/25 ham, too much 'nog, and that's about it. Oh, and I still do little stockings, but we've been cutting back on the sweets, so they're nearly empty this year. I've got no idea what goes in one of those things other than ghirardelli square and ferrero rochers.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We are sort of past the point of buying each other knick knacking stuff, we share a bank account and we don't have a ton of money to waste on impractical presents so it does make it difficult to xmas shop.

I did pick her up some concert tickets to Metric and July talk next year though, I'll probably grab her some chocolate to go along with that

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing, really. We tend to get what we want when we want it, and don't really want extravagant things anyway. Last year we skipped gifts because of upcoming flight costs, this year because we can't-be-assed. We'll have duck on 12/24, the usual 12/25 ham, too much 'nog, and that's about it. Oh, and I still do little stockings, but we've been cutting back on the sweets, so they're nearly empty this year. I've got no idea what goes in one of those things other than ghirardelli square and ferrero rochers.
Sharing good food with family is my favorite part. You guys are making some nice meals!