• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
Some strategic vacation days netted me two weeks off from the 24th. Making tonnes of plans though so I bet it'll feel busy.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
I have no idea, because steel plant is closed for yearly maintenance and we are getting called only if we are needed. But I think that I will go to work either on Monday or Friday/Saturday, there is some minor work to be done.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
23rd is a regular work day here but my company has it as a free day off.
24th (when we celebrate Christmas here in Sweden) 25th and 26th are public holidays.
27th I took as a vacation day to have the entire week.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I work at a restaurant that is closed on Christmas. Luckily though, I got the 24th, 25th, and 26th off. Might even try getting my Friday night covered or swapped.

Pretty good all things considered.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Off until the 13th of January. After that I have 12 more vacation days to take before April, when the new vacation year starts and I get 30 more days to take.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
wednesday, thursday, Saturday and sunday. Awesome week. Only 3 days of work should be standard ^^

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I get 30 days of holiday a year, plus 12 on top of that from public holidays in germany, so a total of 42. of course all paid

I've taken my two weeks of holiday in summer already, and taking my two weeks during christmas/new years as well. what's also nice is when public holidays fall on a thursday or friday, then a lot of people will take 1 day holiday, to make a nice long weekend. so if the public holiday is thursday, people take friday off, etc.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Just Sunday and Monday. Since the company I work for is shit and doesn't pay us enough for the awful things we deal with were very short staffed, to the point that we've gone from 8 hour shifts to 12 hour shifts of 4 on 3 off, so because we're already getting lots of overtime, I asked to work Christmas day to make even more money, where normally I'd be off Wednesday.

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
Entire company shuts down from the 25th, to January 2nd. I work support so I'll have to check in a few times each day to make sure nothing is on fire, but other than that I'm really looking forward to the time off after we just went through new product hell

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Christmas day, and then Thursday and Friday.

Technically Christmas Eve, I guess. I "work" that day, but I'll be at home, and since most people that I interact with at my job are going to be off that day, there won't be much for me to do other than maybe reply to a few emails.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
between now and 6th january i'm only in work the 23rd, 24th, 30th, 31st. some of the days are public holidays but i have used some of my annual leave too.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th off (bank holidays).

I will be one of the few people at the office who didn't take Friday off.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm off from Christmas and back into work on the 6th.

Longest time I would've had off at Christmas so I'm looking forward to it.

PooWithEyes

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
I'm in retail. 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th off and then New Year's as well. Not bad

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have a half day on Christmas Eve, off Christmas and then the day after as well. It's a little mini vacation but I'm sure it will go by fast.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
25th till the 30th are all off, had to spend vacation days on the Thursday and Friday though. 24th is a half day.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I work for a major craft/hobby store chain in the US, we're closed on Sunday, but I have to work every day next week except Christmas Day :/

9am-6pm on Christmas Eve is gonna suuuuuuck.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have sunday, monday, tuesday, and Christmas day off, itd great to have do many days off after peak

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I work at a school now so I have all week off, but I wish I didn't because I need the money.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Only the 25th. No complaining though. I honestly don't like days off because I know my day will be wasted by waking up till 12/1pm, take breakfast at 2pm, then think on something productive to do for the next few hours (I'm not into watching movies/series so I gotta think on something else to do) only to end up doing nothing and take lunch feeling like shit at 6pm, take a shower and then a nap, then dinner and finally sleep. I hate it. I plan to avoid that by reorganizing my room that day, hope that mantains me occupied the whole day off.