• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas

20) 2K - Borderlands 3
19) Sony - Days Gone
18) Square Enix - Kingdom Hearts 3
17) Focus Home Interactive - A Plague Tale: Innocence
16) Frontier Developments - Planet Zoo
15) Devolver Digital - Observation
14) Koch Media - Metro Exodus
13) EA - Star Wars Fallen Order
12) Nintendo - Fire Emblem Three Houses
11) Focus Home Interactive - The Surge 2

10) Activision Blizzard - Call of Duty Modern Warfare
9) Annapurna Interactive - Outer Wilds
8) Nintendo - Astral Chain
7) Private Division - Outer Worlds
6) Capcom - Devil May Cry V
5) Warner Bros - Mortal Kombat 11
4) 505 Games - Control
3) Capcom - Resident Evil 2 Remake
2) Sony - Death Stranding
1) Activision Blizzard - Sekiro

Check out the link for full game descriptions. There are some games that I've never even heard of on this list so that's pretty interesting.

EDIT: Heys 'member Bloodstained and Ace Combat 7 though?

Last edited:

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the decline of the mid-tier have lead some outlets to really exaggerate the quality of some current mid-tier games. Plague Tale is a decent game, but it's not top or best of anything. It's certainly not "essential" in any way.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Good list overall. I could imagine A Plague Tale breaking the top ten if we want to talk details.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Not bad. Missing for me personally is Gears 5 and Bloodstained plus Concrete Genie was a personal fav too.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
The WhatCulture Crew always have bad taste. I like their lists with curiosities, but when they're having personal lists on how good games are... Egh... Eh...

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Never against a Kingdom Hearts 3 mention, I know some didn't think it was epic or the battles were as engaging as 2, but it made me feel like it captured that simplicity of a great PS2 RPG to me, not trying to be something the series is not, just very charming and satisfying.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Yay Sekiro! I wonder if their GOTY will be counted in gotypicks.blogspot.com

edit: apparently it does. They gave it to GoW last year.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
A lot of good games here but several aren't for me and wouldnt be in My personal list.

I think Outer Wilds is one of the best games if the generation and is a top 3 for me.

No DQ11s is weird. Maybe they aren't counting it because the base game released past year.

I've still got Resident Evil 2 sitting I played in my Steam library. I really need to get on that!

OP
OP
lowhighkang_LHK
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
A lot of good games here but several aren't for me and wouldnt be in My personal list.

I think Outer Wilds is one of the best games if the generation and is a top 3 for me.

No DQ11s is weird. Maybe they aren't counting it because the base game released past year.

I've still got Resident Evil 2 sitting I played in my Steam library. I really need to get on that!

No Shadowbringers or Iceborne either so probably. A lot of places won't include expansions or re-releases.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
The list is fine, but CoD deserves no place in a top 10 (nor 20). Also, Disco Elysium and Bloodstained are missing (and it would be nice to see YL2 and MK2 in the top 20).