• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is just a thought experiment thread. Kindly don't muck it up with negativity, it's all just theoretical discussion.

If I had to name a company that would probably be a good benefit for both parties involved, it would be Square Enix. Sony has continued to create the illusion that they own the mainline entries, and statistically the franchise still sells the best on Playstation consoles, last I heard. Having Cloud as a mascot that Sony could tote around with Kratos and Spider-Man would certainly hit with a specific demograph.

I also want to say Konami just so Sony would rescue all those franchises that are ignored entirely or dragged along the pachinko coffins.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Sony should wait for Microsoft to buy more companies and then Sony buys Microsoft.
Big brain plays.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, can Sony afford these bigger Japanese studios?

MS has tons of cash and is one of the most valuable companies in the world.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
They should go for Kadokawa so they own FROM and a lot of anime related stuff as well. Buy Crunchyroll from Warner and dominate the anime market with cool shows and finally some good anime games.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, can Sony afford these bigger Japanese studios?

MS has tons of cash and is one of the most valuable companies in the world.

Sony isn't dire straits anymore and hasn't been for some time and from the sounds of it, PSN is raking in the cash for years. Obviously doesn't mean they can just 5 billion for a gaming company but if they really wanted to and saw that was the way to go they could do it.

That all said I think Capcom would be the way to go and would shore up their first party line up in a variety of ways with games like Monster Hunter and Street Fighter.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication

Do Not Create: Response Threads

A response thread is a thread created to 'respond' or react to a discussion that is already ongoing in an existing thread. This happens when a member wants to shout over posters in the other thread, or because they believe that their opinion is more important than the other replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.