• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
This is to discuss not only canon characters but also ideas for new characters. Here's who I would like to see.:

Lace Harding - This comes as no surprise as virtually everyone loved her in Inquisition. There were even some flirting lines there. Story wise, she can serve as an active part of the the Inquisition faction of the party. She is a scout to the group. She could lead the new protagonist to the inquisitor.

Krem - While this may rule out Iron Bull as a member, Krem can serve as the new head of the Chargers...

Whether it's because Iron Bull is currently quelling the Qutari or died joining them

Krem can join in as he has some baggage over in Trevinter.

Maevaris Tilani - One of the best characters to come out of the comics, she can serve as a political faction in Trevintar. Plus she wouldn't be above brawling in a fight alongside the protagonist.

Fernis - Yeah I didn't like him in 2, but he has the most interesting case for a returning companion since he's from Trevinter.Trevinter

Last edited:

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should do away with rote romance options alltogether. Would be a better game for it.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Time for BioWare to stop scamming people and give them a Dragon. Perferbly of Age.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps the series's first attractive elf.
17d3a8dd6460a318c862be0b05c518de--dragon-age-origins-inquisition.jpg

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
They should do away with rote romance options alltogether. Would be a better game for it.
1. Who was asking?
2. No.

Anyways OP already started strong with Scout Harding - probably the single best candidate for a Merrill-style upgrade to full companion since... well... ever, actually - so I don't really have a huge amount to contribute--beyond Harding, I'm mainly interested in new rather than returning characters.

I suppose Dorian'd be potentially interesting, and we know he's gonna be in the area anyway.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Hard(ly) in Harding
Ariane and Finn from DAO Witch Hunt DLC
Cassandra
Loghain (No chance, two many variables)
Barkspawn
Shale
Morrigan
Varric, Sigrun and Oghren
Merril or Velanna

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Kind of want a mostly fresh slew of characters unless it really makes sense in the context of the story. I certainly want to see some characters return, but not necessarily have them be full time companions or combat companions. I think DAI did a good job expanding the core group beyond combat companions, and I'd like to seem them build off of that, including having some more transient and temporary ones, which might make a lot more sense for a returning character like Dorian who is otherwise maybe a bit more preoccupied with his other duties to be around 24/7.

Probably not a stretch to think we might see one or more of the characters from the extended materials most likely Vaea, but also possibly Ser Hawthorn, Marius and Tessa.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
Verric should be in every Dragon Age game going forward. Great character. Other than that, I'm always down for a return of Morrigan and Aveline.

Jan 15, 2018
Honestly? Entirely new cast...except maybe Varric.

With all the DLC I refuse to buy/play, I'd rather have a new story or at least a some new kind of setting with a new cast other than "oh that villain and characters from that shitty DLC you didn't play were actually super important!!"

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
  • Calpernia either peaces out or jumps off a cliff and her body is never seen if you fight her in Inquisition and with her whole Tevinter slave backstory thing I'd say she's almost certainly coming back...which is good because I adore her
  • It'd be super easy to retcon Krem into being alive even if you allied with the Qunari too
  • Dorian's a given I think
  • I'm sure there'd be some way to bring back Fenris even if he died or was sold back to Danarius
  • MAEVARIS!!!! pls god tho if they make Maevaris a companion get an actual trans woman to write her so we don't get the nonsense we had with Krem or in the comics

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Scout Harding for sure. I would also love to see Sera back. I know a lot of folks didn't care for her by I thought she was hilarious and my Inquisitor married her.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly? Entirely new cast...except maybe Varric.

With all the DLC I refuse to buy/play, I'd rather have a new story or at least a some new kind of setting with a new cast other than "oh that villain and characters from that shitty DLC you didn't play were actually super important!!"
It's gonna be set in Tevinter - so, somewhere we've heard of but never been - and as for the main villain... Uh, yeah, the Trespasser DLC's gonna be pretty key to their whole deal, sorry.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I just want a definitive end to the Dragon Age story. It's getting progressively worse, might as well close it up.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
While I love scout Harding, we need a proper underground Dwarf again. Hoping we get someone from Kal-Sharok and get to go there.

Loose Cannon

Oct 27, 2017
For returning characters Dorian and Scout Harding are very likely I'd say. Both are alive in everyone's game and both are doing the same thing in everyone's game: Dorian is always a magister in Tevinter and Harding is with the Inquistor going to stop you-know-who.

I'd really like Merril to return, but as a villain, it would make perfect sense and add some depth to the game's rogues gallery. I also suspect the Inquistor will return in a role similar to Leliana's in Inquisition, which will be interesting to see them handle.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Dorian's absolutely happening (and he's probably the best-written romance Bioware has ever done).

I *want* Vivienne to come back because she's *so* mean and haughty. She gets a ton of great lines.

Sera is a likely outsider-Elf perspective. I could maybe see Fenris coming back too (especially given his history with Tevinter).

Morrigan would be nice but I think she's too tied up with past decisions made in earlier games to function well as a party member.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Huh, and here I am feeling the Dread Wolf storyline is the most interesting plot thread in Dragon Age so far lol.

I'll be honest, as much as generic fantasy DA1's story felt and probably was, I enjoyed it the most. When they introduced the...

elf gods and the like, I really lost a ton of interest, not sure why, it just didn't grab me at all.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
In terms of returning characters: Dorian, Iron Bull, Morigan, Fenris, Sten and Harding
With new characters I'd like to see Maevaris from the comics. A female/male Kossith, maybe one that's Tal-Vashoth. A Blood mage, I want a return for some evil characters who can join. Kal-Sharok Dwarf? I'm really interested what's going with those Dwarves after Orzammar abandoned them.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, and here I am feeling the Dread Wolf storyline is the most interesting plot thread in Dragon Age so far lol.

firm agree. all DA:I's lore stuff made me dramatically more interested in the setting/the series' ongoing plot than i had been previously, and it's not like i didn't enjoy the previous two games.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

The romance between my male dwarf from the slums and Zevran was a siiiiiiiiiiiiight to behold.

I really enjoyed Zevran as a character. I pity people who made a bad decision and...

killed him outright after a failed assasination attempt

Zevran's an awesome character.