• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
nah they are AT LEAST "slight more than peak human" like daredevil levels

The rock is easily low level super human .... he can redirect a missile mid flight with one hand

headbut a person in highly protective helmed without flinching

and trow a big human like 5 meters away
dom even stomped a cracked building so it collapses

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
nah they are AT LEAST "slight more than peak human" like daredevil levels

The rock is easily low level super human .... he can redirect a missile mid flight with one hand

81rHmIH.gif

headbut a person in highly protective helmed without flinching

oDo7Uyj.gif

and trow a big human like 5 meters away

IP8mVs5.gif
Maybe early Daredevil, but not post armor and stick

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In the group shot in the trailer when Cenas goons have them all at gunpoint in the bunker, there is this gigantic white bald mercenary to the left. Are we sure it's Vin catching the car and not the merc?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen any of these films. At what point did they just decide to turn the characters into superhumans? Is there any explanation as to why they can survive falling off skyscrapers or lift cars?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen any of these films. At what point did they just decide to turn the characters into superhumans? Is there any explanation as to why they can survive falling off skyscrapers or lift cars?
It's b-movie action on a blockbuster budget. No explanation needed.

Starts with 5, although there are hints of it in 4. It is hilarious how in 1, they're just thieves and racers, and now they're ultra-hacker-super-fighter-special agents with unlimited resources and defy physics in glorious ways

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even B-movies tend to explain why someone can survive trauma that would kill any human. Maybe people are overstating it when they say somebody fell off a skyscraper and lived, but to have that happen and just wave it away would be pretty absurd. I can't think of too many other films that do something like that.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Even B-movies tend to explain why someone can survive trauma that would kill any human. Maybe people are overstating it when they say somebody fell off a skyscraper and lived, but to have that happen and just wave it away would be pretty absurd. I can't think of too many other films that do something like that.
It was the Rock. He flexes hard enough to shatter the cast on his "broken" arm and then tears a minigun off a helicopter to wield as a weapon

That was after characters in the previous movie were propelled through the air by crashing cars to collide in midair and suffered no injuries

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was the Rock. He flexes hard enough to shatter the cast on his "broken" arm and then tears a minigun off a helicopter to wield as a weapon

That was after characters in the previous movie were propelled through the air by crashing cars to collide in midair and suffered no injuries
I'm not sure if this makes me want to avoid watching any of the Fast & Furious movies, or if it makes me want to watch them all.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if this makes me want to avoid watching any of the Fast & Furious movies, or if it makes me want to watch them all.
As of 6, the series is basically the third current globetrotting special agent franchise next to Mission Impossible and James Bond. In 8, Charlize Theron basically plays a Bond villain.

6 has Joe Taslim (The Raid), Gina Carano, and Kurt Russell. 7 has Tony Jaa and Jason Statham. 8 has a horde of hacked cars tearing through Manhattan and a world-threatening nuclear submarine defeated by car-fu

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
If the franchise naming convention below amuses you, you know the answer

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast & Furious
Fast Five
Fast & Furious 6
Furious 7
The Fate of the Furious
F9: The Fast Saga

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
When did they become super heroes, I watched like the first films and they were just regular dudes?

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait i dont really see him catching the car. We dont even see him after the car hits.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As of 6, the series is basically the third current globetrotting special agent franchise next to Mission Impossible and James Bond. In 8, Charlize Theron basically plays a Bond villain.
I really like Charlize a lot. She is in 8, and going to be in 9 as well? How physical and active is she in the films? I think she is the best female action star in existence.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Dom is equivalent to Captain America.

Han is equivalent to Loki.

Hobbs is equivalent to Professor Hulk

Shaw is equivalent to Batman

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
La Familia vs Kirby- who wins?

Say Dom accidentally drives over his shortbread.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I ignored this franchise and only recently learned that it wasn't about street racing, so I appreciate all the GIFs.

I don't understand them, but I appreciate them.

Deleted member 29293

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Some posters here clearly have no idea and are just talking out of their asses. The Fast Crew could easily give most super heroes a decent fight, probably as long as there are now laser eyes or super speed etc. are involved but even then they would find a way...

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017

Starts with 5, although there are hints of it in 4. It is hilarious how in 1, they're just thieves and racers, and now they're ultra-hacker-super-fighter-special agents with unlimited resources and defy physics in glorious ways
"b-movie action" lol

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
In the fifth film, they steal a safe the size of a small house, and drag it through a city by pulling it with chains. That was the point of no return. Then crazy shit starts happening by the end of the film, and continues throughout the subsequent films.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I watched the original movie just the other day. It's humorous how utterly quaint it is by comparison to the last decade of films.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dom went from being a part-time carjacker who almost died to truck driver with shotgun to beating trained assassins and supersoldiers one-on-one every other day.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the franchise naming convention below amuses you, you know the answer

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast & Furious
Fast Five
Fast & Furious 6
Furious 7
The Fate of the Furious
F9: The Fast Saga

What's more, is that FF6 opens with a title card that reads

"Furious 6"

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

The fourth one is where the current era of Fast & Furious kicks off. La Familia, once a band of small-time crooks in LA, is reintroduced as a team of international car-based master criminals, and the idea of Dom being able to do anything when behind the wheel of a car is entered into the storied F&F canon in one glorious scene:

Then once The Rock joins the cast in Fast 5 the superhero era truly begins. Vin and The Rock have what is less a fistfight than a systematic demolition of a building using eachothers' bodies:

Fast 6 is the classic 'evil twin' episode, where La Familia faces another team of international car-based master criminals made up of twisted, Bizarro versions of each of our beloved heroes. It ends with the infamous chase down the world's longest runway where the bad guys attempt to escape in a giant cargo jet and are literally pulled back down to Earth by our heroes.

In Furious 7 La Familia is recruited by a shadowy government G-Man and given access to a world-spanning satellite surveillance network in order to take down the latest threat to the world: Jason Statham. Diesel and Statham deliberately crash into eachother head-on at 100mph as a warmup to a fight, and Diesel calls Statham a pussy for having his car reinforced instead of taking it like a man. The Rock jumps out of a building and merely gets his arm in a cast, which he removes later in the movie by flexing so hard it crumbles. Paul Walker beats Tony Jaa in a fistfight.

Charlize Theron is the villain of The F8 of the Furious, a master hacker who can hack literally anything electronic. Using Dom's never-before-seen lovechild conceived while Dom's true love Lettie was briefly dead between F&Fs 4 and 6, she turns Dom to the Dark Side and uses him as her pawn to defeat La Familia and hold the world hostage with a nuclear-equipped submarine. Jason Statham turns good. Helen Mirren is in it. The Rock and Vin Diesel never share a scene because behind the scenes they hated eachother.

What I'm saying is that The Fast and the Furious is art in its highest form. The crowning achievement of our species.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fourth one is where the current era of Fast & Furious kicks off. La Familia, once a band of small-time crooks in LA, is reintroduced as a team of international car-based master criminals, and the idea of Dom being able to do anything when behind the wheel of a car is entered into the storied F&F canon in one glorious scene:

Then once The Rock joins the cast in Fast 5 the superhero era truly begins. Vin and The Rock have what is less a fistfight than a systematic demolition of a building using eachothers' bodies:

Fast 6 is the classic 'evil twin' episode, where La Familia faces another team of international car-based master criminals made up of twisted, Bizarro versions of each of our beloved heroes. It ends with the infamous chase down the world's longest runway where the bad guys attempt to escape in a giant cargo jet and are literally pulled back down to Earth by our heroes.

In Furious 7 La Familia is recruited by a shadowy government G-Man and given access to a world-spanning satellite surveillance network in order to take down the latest threat to the world: Jason Statham. Diesel and Statham deliberately crash into eachother head-on at 100mph as a warmup to a fight, and Diesel calls Statham a pussy for having his car reinforced instead of taking it like a man. The Rock jumps out of a building and merely gets his arm in a cast, which he removes later in the movie by flexing so hard it crumbles. Paul Walker beats Tony Jaa in a fistfight.

Charlize Theron is the villain of The F8 of the Furious, a master hacker who can hack literally anything electronic. Using Dom's never-before-seen lovechild conceived while Dom's true love Lettie was briefly dead between F&Fs 4 and 6, she turns Dom to the Dark Side and uses him as her pawn to defeat La Familia and hold the world hostage with a nuclear-equipped submarine. Jason Statham turns good. Helen Mirren is in it. The Rock and Vin Diesel never share a scene because behind the scenes they hated eachother.

What I'm saying is that The Fast and the Furious is art in its highest form. The crowning achievement of our species.

I can't wait for them to bring back Thom Barry and reveal he was the mastermind behind Cipher all along - and Dom's father.

đź‘€

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
very high. people with no superpowers but insane luck and guts often pull off insane shit in comics. plus if they're in the world of dc or marvel they get access to the bizzaro tech that exists there.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm i wonder how strong brian is if we go back... He did hold his own for a while against dom.
Got some black belt level bjj skills.