• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What coffee beverage do you typically drink?

• Espresso

Votes: 50 9.5%
  • Macchiato

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • Cappuccino

Votes: 50 9.5%
  • Caffè Latte

Votes: 68 12.9%
  • Americano

Votes: 58 11.0%
  • Filter Coffee

Votes: 236 44.6%
  • Instant Coffee

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
At home I usually make a pourover with my Chemex. I always buy Counter Culture beans from Whole Foods.

At shops I tend to get americanos (hot or cold, depending on mood and weather).

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I get it at work or at Dunkin most of the time, where it's either in shitty machine espresso form for the former or cold brew the latter. At a proper coffee shop I'll generally opt for Americano. When I make it at home, either Chemex pour over or aeropress with beans I receive from Angels Cup which I hand grind

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Big Money up ITT

I just drink the free coffee in the office Break Room. I bring in my own sugar free creamer to cut down on the bitterness

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ice coffee frappe & banana or caramel or white chocolate.
Otherwise green tea.
If regular coffee then with milk and sugar or latteeeee

Am4terasu

May 8, 2019
I TOTALLY love capuccinos, although in some places they tend to make 'em so gigantic that they're impossible to drink.

Although at home I have instant coffee because I haven't got enough space in the kitchen.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
I work from home otherwise I'd drink office coffee - black. At home, it's electric kettle + Instant for me.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Caffellatte at breakfast, and two or three espressi over the course of the day (usually at 10.30 am, after lunch and at 5 pm).

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Black filter coffee. I change beans often at home, and don't really stick to one shop while at work. I need it.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
This stuff almost tastes like filter

299231-Nescafe-Azera-Americano-60g1.jpg
That black with 2 sweeteners

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Americano via Aero Press at home.

Same via Peculator at my girlfriend's.

With oat milk.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
80% of the year I do cold brew. I suppose that's filter coffee.

We have an espresso machine at work that isn't bad so if I make an iced coffee at work I usually do a double-espresso and put it over ice with hot water... so I suppose that's an iced americano, but... it's basically just iced coffee.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Most common is filter coffee because that's the machine we have at work - at least we get fresh beans of good quality so it's still a nice black cup of coffee.

At home or at coffee shops though I tend to lean toward Americano. I like a good latte but I drink a good amount of coffee so I only have them occasionally to cut out excess dairy / sugar.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
No Flat White or Cold Brew option in the poll? What kind of nonsense is this? You didn't even put up a Cortado.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I rarely drink coffe, but when I do it's mostly capuccino or a latte. None with sugar, and I only drink coffe at a coffehouse.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I drink normal piss coffee here at work.. from a shitty machine.. but it keeps me going through the day..
at home I have a fancy coffee maker machine that grinds the beans.. I love a good Macchiato from that machine.. love it, stand on my balcony with a cigarette and a cup from my machine and enjoy the peace of nature (I live in a beautiful place).

OP
OP
Window

Window

Oct 27, 2017
No Flat White or Cold Brew option in the poll? What kind of nonsense is this? You didn't even put up a Cortado.
Flat White wouldn't be that popular outside Aus/NZ and is similar enough to a Latte to be covered by it. Cortado, well, I only have a limited number options I can put on a poll and that's not very common.

Feb 10, 2018
A good coffee fresh coffee ground fresh really is pretty mind blowing, but I've always been like "good", is good enough for me.
If I wash rich with maids I would have the gourmet stuff.

tenor.gif

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Weekends or if I'm waking up early enough to spend the time at home to enjoy it, I do filtered with freshly ground beans. Only recently roasted bought from medium sized chains. Easy to do affordably in NYC; you can get a whole lot of coffee out of a single bag.

More expensive is the maple flavored latte with oat milk I get during the week, but it's so good and really great as a stress relief on a rough day. Worth it.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Regular filtered coffee with milk.
I miss badly the modded european machiato of 40cents I used to have in my hometown :(

Oct 30, 2017
I drink filter coffee, black.. maybe 1 sugar if I feel crazy. I also have an iced coffee steeper in my fridge that I use to steep my own iced coffee. So its like, hot coffee when its cool out and iced coffee when its warm out.

I only drink a couple cups a week though, and now that I have my steeper I no longer have a need to ever go to coffee house and pay $5/cup or w/e.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
A lot more french press responses than I expected.

What's different about it? Never tried it.

I trust this was answered by others. I just want to point out that your poll design owes a lot to fashions related to the Gaggia coffee maker (all those different names for espresso mixed with water or milk or foamed or even steamed milk) but gives only "filtered" as an answer to cover numerous alternatives to Gaggia derivatives and their imitators. It's not unusual to see this, but it reveals a serious common misapprehension about the differences between coffee drinks.

By far the most important determinant of the quality of a coffee drink is the manner of extraction from the coffee beans. You may see in the thread that a lot of discussion has evolved around these different methods.

Hey, look what happened in 2016. :)

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Filter or Keurig at work (depending how lazy I feel), french press at home. On the rare occasion I go to a coffee shop I'll usually get a macchiato or cafe mocha.

Edit: for type of coffee, usually as dark roast as I can get.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Cheapest K-Cups I can find, decaf if possible. Milk, no sugar.

I know I'm missing out on good coffee, but a Keurig is just so much faster.

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
Italian here, so it's either espresso or moka, usually the former. I take it black, no cream or sugar.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
THE KING RIGHT HERE ^^

(especially when they're on ÂŁ3 special at Tesco and I go on a rampage)

One of my adult kids drinks this, with two teaspoonfuls per mug. I'm a moderately serious proper coffee drinker, grind the beans and use a moka pot, but maybe I'll give this a try.

Edit: Azera is an okayish instant coffee but it feels nothing like moka or French press or filter or espresso on the palate. Like most instants it feels like bitter water by comparison with real coffee. The aftertaste is particularly disappointing, for such an expensive drink. That "mucky water" experience is not one I have ever had with anything other than instant coffee.

Last edited:

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
I make my own black pour over in the morning.

Then my own cold brew (black or a splash oatmilk) at noon for a preworkout. Enjoying one right now!

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
Instant.
Black.
Decaf.

23-40oz a day
Basically just warm water with a nice taste and supposed antioxidents.

swoon

Oct 25, 2017
I TOTALLY love capuccinos, although in some places they tend to make 'em so gigantic that they're impossible to drink.

Although at home I have instant coffee because I haven't got enough space in the kitchen.

never get a cappuccino at place where they act like it should have sizes. I normally do a cortado in the morning before getting on the bus for work and small black coffee once i get to work.

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
Very rarely (like once or twice a year at most) I may drink a latte macchiato with a spoonful of sugar or some type of syrup. Other than that 'none' would be the correct answer for me (which for some reason is missing in the poll).

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Filter coffee, made black with no milk or sugar.

Latte's cost like $6 where I live and I generally just want to get the caffeine in me as fast as possible regardless of the flavor.