• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I would say I envy NYC for being the most successful and powerful city in the world (also, tons of attractive young professionals), and Tokyo for their transportation system.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I envy California for not having endless fucking winters like Chicago does. I'm so tired of cold weather and no sun. So damn tired.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
NYC for largely not needing a car. If I could afford it, I'd live there in a heartbeat.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I envy Tokyo for its transportation and cleanliness. My wife is from there and is adamant we stick in Los Angeles. I love this city for a lot of reasons, but I wouldn't mind living in Tokyo whatsoever.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Gatineau because it's probably the best fencing city in Canada. I mean it's that or Toronto but Gatineau is so much cheaper.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
eh cant agree with NY, Seoul or Tokyo. I lived in Seoul for long enough to know that you start feeling like a small ant and worth nothing very quickly.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
LA and San Diego for having perfect weather. It's hot, but in a pleasant way, its not the same type, as like India. Hard to explain, maybe a climate guy could chime in why.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i only envy US because most of Google's services, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc are officially launched there whereby people that's outside the US like me had to resort to VPN to access these services (at a handicapped speed).

Other than these online services, i don't really envy other cities....maybe Gold Coast, Brisbane (Australia) for the weather and that's about it.

I am from Singapore and having worked in major cities before (NY, London, Paris), i don't really 'envy' living and working in these big major cities as the 'pace' is just too fast.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Hong Kong. God it's just so mammoth and so much to explore. Beautiful at night time. Really Southern China in general. Heading into the mainland a bit you walk these streets at 10 or 11 at night and these crazy Southern Chinese are up eating, singing karaoke, drinking. It's pretty crazy feels very relaxed like everyone will just stay up all night. Of course the food is incredible.

GCX

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the city I live in (Helsinki) but not gonna lie, during the dark winter months I do envy places with ever-green nature and some sunshine.

I've lived enough time in big metropolises to not really envy people who live in them. If anything it has just made me appreciate a bit slower pace and surrounding nature more.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Hong Kong. God it's just so mammoth and so much to explore. Beautiful at night time. Really Southern China in general. Heading into the mainland a bit you walk these streets at 10 or 11 at night and these crazy Southern Chinese are up eating, singing karaoke, drinking. It's pretty crazy feels very relaxed like everyone will just stay up all night. Of course the food is incredible.

How easy is it to get from Hong Kong to the mainland?

LA and San Diego for having perfect weather. It's hot, but in a pleasant way, its not the same type, as like India. Hard to explain, maybe a climate guy could chime in why.

Dry heat vs humidity

dudefriend

Banned
Apr 27, 2019
Amsterdam or Brussels. but also anywhere that's cold year round but isn't a shithole. Copenhagen i guess

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
then the atrocious heat and humidity hit you and you crave a nice cold wind.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Tokyo for the public trans, cheap food options, nightlife, shrines, rivers, and jazz scene (in that order). Never want to work there (I guess here as I'm currently working here for 3 months). Otherwise I make SF my home for a reason.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The Scandinavian countries for, apparently, being the most advanced nations. Uruguay for being a progressive country (is it that hard?) and the USA and the UK for the amount of deals you guys get on everything.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
My best friend moved to Phoenix for school and he is miserable right now. But really, what would you expect from a Seattle transplant?

It's definitely a culture shock. Phoenicians in general are more friendly and extroverted than Seattlites.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
NYC. Could've landed a very well-paying tech job there if I had prepared a little better for the interview. Still hurts a bit every time I think of it.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
I'm from NYC

But any state that has legalized recreational 420 I envy greatly. Just having the ease of walking into a dispensary and buying treats with no middle man sounds like such a joy.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
Close to me, Melbourne has a food and art scene that I envy. It's where all our local talent goes if they want to really test the waters before trying London or USA.

Then there are lots of places I envy for different reasons. Tokyo has public transit, food and art on lock, London and is no slouch either.

Personally when I lived in Seattle (late 90s early 00s) I felt completely at home. It was like a city totally filled with edgy dorks like me. You could find weekly games of even the most esoteric rpgs. The Goth clubs and nights were packed. My life for those years was nerd and Goth shit 24/7. That was never possible where I live now. But I hear it's different now. So maybe i don't envy it any more.

That being said I quite like where I live, Perth, weather and natural environs are great, cost of living has now been reasonable for a few years. It's bar scene has flourished. Public transport could be better but the rail is actually pretty good, runs later than Tokyo. But if your interested in anything but sport or beach activities you are in for disappointment.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I envy Tokyo for its transportation and cleanliness. My wife is from there and is adamant we stick in Los Angeles. I love this city for a lot of reasons, but I wouldn't mind living in Tokyo whatsoever.
Same. Also reasonable housing costs. And much better zoning. It's also beautiful too, not just clean. Japan really understands aesthetics.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo. It never feels dangerous to walk down an alley at 2am in Tokyo. Of course crime does happen, but violent crime is not nearly as frequent as it is in other capital cities.

Plus it has arcades and stores that cater to a variety of hobbies because people enjoy the experience of shopping here unlike London where Amazon decimated shopping.

shotopunx

Nov 21, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Tokyo. Reasonable rents, very little petty crime, variety in arts, transport, and incredible food culture. I would give my left arm to live there for a bit.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Paris, for the amazing food and long summer days.

Singapore, for the complete lack of winter and affordable food.

Miami, for the amazing beach and access to The Caribbean island resorts.

Bangkok, for the fantastic overall value, delicious food and cheap massages.

(Live in Tokyo, from SF)

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo. It never feels dangerous to walk down an alley at 2am in Tokyo. Of course crime does happen, but violent crime is not nearly as frequent as it is in other capital cities.

Plus it has arcades and stores that cater to a variety of hobbies because people enjoy the experience of shopping here unlike London where Amazon decimated shopping.

and yet Oxford Street or Covent Garden are always heaving?