• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
310-3100746_merry-christmas-images-hd-christmas-tree-living-room.png

Let's share what gifts we are getting to our significant others.

Mine has been asking for Spiritfarer, so Spiritfarer she will get. I will also get her a book and some candles. She really loves candles. (if any of you have some ideas for which candles to get, let me know! I'm up for some ideas)

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got her a new couch. She hates how small and upright our current love seat is. This one is a sectional for her to lounge in after a long day at work.

Now she can come home and just plop down comfortably. Can't wait until she sees it.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
My fiancee's birthday and my birthday are both in December, so we usually don't do Xmas gifts. What we try to do instead is, whatever kind of Xmas money/gift cards we get from our family, we will spend on, or put towards a joint "gift" for the both us. In years past, that's usually our winter vacation/getaway, or a piece of furniture. We can't really travel this year, but we could use a new kitchen table bench or chairs since our cats have destroyed our current one...so probably something like that.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Mine has been asking for Spiritfarer, so Spiritfarer she will get. I will also get her a book and some candles. She really loves candles. (if any of you have some ideas for which candles to get, let me know! I'm up for some ideas)
Are there specific brands or candle types she prefers?

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
We exchange unique Christmas ornaments the day after Thanksgiving every year, because we like having weird stuff on our Christmas tree.

She's mentioned her interest in having an immersion blender several times over the past year or two, its already wrapped up under the tree.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
310-3100746_merry-christmas-images-hd-christmas-tree-living-room.png

Let's share what gifts we are getting to our significant others.

The woodwick candles at are my SOs favorite and some of them are on sale this week at bed bath and beyond:

Bed Bath & Beyond | The Best Deals Online: Furniture, Bedding, Rugs, Kitchen Essentials & Moree

Let BedBathandBeyond.com help you discover designer brands & home goods at the lowest prices online. With free shipping on EVERYTHING*. See for yourself why shoppers love our selection & award-winning customer service.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
My wife really wants a cat and I don't... maybe I'll give in but I don't know lol. It would make her really happy but I don't know if we need another animal around.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are there specific brands or candle types she prefers?
I don't think we've ever discussed brands. Whenever we shopped candles together, in the distant pre-COVID past, all she would base her choices on would be smell.

Off the top of my head, the only type of smell I'd say she reliably likes are fruity smells.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think we've ever discussed brands. Whenever we shopped candles together, in the distant pre-COVID past, all she would base her choices on would be smell.

Off the top of my head, the only type of smell I'd say she reliably likes are fruity smells.

Fruity Scents | Bath & Body Works

Indulge in the sweetness of our fruity fragrances. Shop candles, fine fragrance mists, hand sanitizers and more to give your scent routine a new twist.

She might like some of these then.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Nada, wife and I haven't been able to do gifts for a few years now. Luckily we both are pretty simple and don't expect much.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
She really enjoys air. So I might get a bicycle pump for her this year.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
We decided that we were going to do a major laundry upgrade, so we gave each other a washer dryer set.

I'm also going to get her a bunch of comfortable nursing items (we just welcomed our son a few months ago).

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting her the 15 disc Lord of the Rings Blu Ray set and a hat that she wanted.

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
If I get myself a PS5, she can finally spend more time with me because I won't be sitting at my PC hitting F5 on the Sony Direct page over and over......

I kid, I kid - it's shoes, I'm getting her designer shoes.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Handful of things from Etsy.:
  • Peloton Related Shirts
  • Rack to hang our spin shoes on
  • Norwegian ornament
  • Norwegian inspired rolling pins
And since her Bday is the two days prior I got her the Jen Bartel x K-Swiss collab shoes.

Yes it sucks having those two so close together and no you cannot combine them. haha.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I got him a 1TB m2 SSD, a DnD cookbook, and a wet palette for painting minis. He's gotten two early, (his harddrive was dying) so he'll only hey the palette on the day

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
So far:

Bought her a print of Coco (her favorite movie)

6lizGAD.jpg

A personalized mug since she drinks lots of tea/coffee.

And one or two more gifts that I am still debating on getting.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
We don't really do gifts for holidays or birthdays. If we wanna get something for each other, we just do it randomly.

WillRobBanks

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A grill. She's wanted one since we had a house and we just hadn't prioritized it. Got a Weber spirit e-310 for 25% off over Black Friday. Also need to find grilling accessories, but we're both novices so I'm doing some research. Already got the cover and a meat rod.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My wife and I only spend about $150 on each other every year. I got her a cast iron Japanese tea pot with some genmaicha from her favorite tea shop in Tokyo, a flannel shirt, an Outlander desk calendar and a RBG Dissent collar necklace. We tend to go overboard on our daughter instead, so we got her a Switch and a few games.

superpickleman

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got her some Air Pods Pro. I recently bought myself a pair and keep telling her they weren't worth it so she isn't tempted to get some herself. Gonna hit her with a, "SIKE THEY'RE ACTUALLY REALLY COOL" when she unwraps them.