• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Just pick a character that you think you believe would fit well into the mold of a fighting game. Doesn't matter if it's a movie, tv show, or game, if it's anyone that would make sense as a playable character, it's fair game. Also, which fighting game franchise would they fit in the most?

My pick, John Wick. Easy.
john-wick-2017-image-3840x2400.jpg

John Wick could honestly fit in with the cast of most fighting games (except for anime fighters and games like Soul Calibur). MK would take advantage of what the character can do the most, but he wouldn't even be out of place in a game like Tekken or Street Fighter.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
I'd like to see Bobba or Jango in Mortal Kombat. Would never happen but still, a guy can dream.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
Opened the thread to post John Wick, but you already beat me to it.

Rick and Morty could work with various gadgets.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
While Tekken has a Jackie Chan based character, I would love to see a TRUE Jackie Chan character...like using Stairs and props to fight

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Lightning McQueen.

For real, Invoker from Dota.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017
It would be cool to see Aang in one of those really over-the-top anime styled fighting games like Crosstag whatever, featuring Persona, Blazeblue, RWBY, etc.

05.gif

Rhiwion

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I would do unholy things to get a Kamen Rider as a guest character into a prolific fighting game. Preferably either of these two.

tumblr_nwadic6Sqc1updrb2o1_400.gifv

tenor.gif

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I can sort of see Harry Dresden in a MK game. The no killing people with magic thing might pose a problem...

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
>CTRL F
>no Goku

Finally.

Amethyst would be cool too
tenor.gif

A Steven Universe fighting game would be fucking lit. Can't believe it never crossed my mind until now.

I guess the roster might be kind of small though. You could have Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Connie, Peridot, Lapis, Jasper, Bismuth... probably a few others. Maybe some fusions.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
There are still plenty of X-Men who have yet to be immortalized as fighting game characters.

Still waiting for Capcom to give Nightcrawler his shine. Give me the BAMF loops

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
My guy, he got his own fighting game where he appears like 6 times lmao
There depressing part is that there are more Gokus in DBFZ than there are women, & that's not even counting the fusions.

As for me, I really want to see Ms. Marvel fully realized in a fighting game........we were so close. ;_;

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'd think the Rock(or super obvious rip-off) would be pretty cool to see as a fighting game character. Then again, I can't recall a character of Samoan descent in any popular fighting games at least.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Tons, im better of listing franchises that need Traditional Fighting games made out of them:

-Undertale: Fighting edition with Deltarune Expansion.
-Steven Universe Fighting game
-Failing SU fighting game, MVC styled Cartoon Network crossover fighting game
-Masters of the universe or She-ra Fighting game
-Fighters of the Storm as seen in that easter egg in overwatch
-Failing that, Overwatch fighting game
-Shit, just put Doomfist in like, Tekken or something
-If that's not what the RT devs are working on, League of Legends Fighting edition
-Nickelodeon's Avatar fighting game taking characters from both series

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We desperately need a Disgaea fighting game. They have more than enough interesting, distinctive characters across the franchise. Tons of personality, lots of signature moves established, solid fan base, and just the right amount of flash on which ArcSys could capitalize.

As a single character pick though, I would say Kat from Gravity Rush. PSASBR doesn't count as I'm definitely thinking more of a traditional 2D, maybe 3D fighting game.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Leon Kennedy in Marvel vs Capcom.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in Mortal Kombat.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Marsupilami
add him to some other comic book crossover fighting game
marsu-colere2.gif
masu.jpg

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
He would absolutely be out of place in Street Fighter. No firearms allowed
Fireballs, on the other hand, a-ok.

This is someone way outta left field, but I'm picking Shota from Hikkatsu.

A7872-3.jpg

For those that don't know, Shota is a sixteen-year old karate master who's dedicated his life to mastering the Repair Blow, a medical and mechanical technique inspired by the age-old method of smacking your television until the picture stops being fuzzy. He ends the first chapter by punching a volcano so hard, it quits erupting. Also, I think his design is kinda cool for a bog-standard karate dude.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
zIxaEnC.gif

Not even specifically these guys, there just needs to be a Silat fighter in general in Street Fighter and Tekken.