• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What Capcom game(s) do you think will be revealed during the PlayStation 5 event?

• Resident Evil 8

Votes: 331 68.1%
  • Street Fighter VI

Votes: 140 28.8%
  • Monster Hunter 6 / World 2

Votes: 54 11.1%
  • Dragon's Dogma 2

Votes: 90 18.5%
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 4 / Capcom All-Stars / [Insert Versus Game Here]

Votes: 56 11.5%
  • Something else (please specify)

Votes: 40 8.2%
  • Nothing

Votes: 40 8.2%

• Total voters

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Now that we have some solid reports (namely Jason & Jeff) about the PS5 event being on June 4th (or in Jason's case, within the next few weeks), along with Capcom's absence from the previous Xbox Series X stream, it raises a few questions about what they'll bring to the table going into the next console generation. And with said PS5 event supposedly being a big one, I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least one big Capcom game. So, which ones do you think will be there (if any)?

Last edited:

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Got high hopes for the Resident Evil 3 ReRemake.

15XQxir.png

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Street Fighter VI probably. V ran on Unreal so Epic might have already let Capcom try out UE5. Monster Hunter and Resident Evil just has launches in the past few months. I think they'll let them rest. Maybe Dragon's Dogma to show off RE engine.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Street Fighter VI probably. V ran on Unreal so Epic might have already let Capcom try put UE5. With Monster Hunter and Resident Evil just has launches in the past few months. I think they'll let them rest. Maybe Dragon's Dogma to show off RE engine.
Supposedly RE8 is on-track for release early next year according to Dusk Golem. As for Unreal Engine 5, while it's possible that Epic gave Capcom early access to the engine, there might be issues with the engine like how UE4 had crazy amounts of input lag early on (which impacted SFV & Tekken 7, though both games eventually fixed the problem when Epic fixed it on their end).

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
RE8 seems like a sure thing. Maybe some REsistance stuff too?

Maybe an announcement of SFVI with more details for EVO Online.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 8, although an announcement (even just a slide) of Dragon's Dogma 2 would be nice.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Street 6 and a compilation/remaster/re-release of sorts of Marvel vs Capcom
I feel like the MvC Legacy Collection (if it's happening) will be saved for later, maybe as an EVO Online reveal since MvC2 is still there. It feels like a weird thing to reveal at a next-gen event.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 8, I imagine. Though I do think there will be at least one more, given that Capcom has multiple major titles due out by March 31, 2021.

I saw a job listing for an assistant producer at Capcom earlier this week. The description mentions Dragon's Dogma as one if its mainstay franchises alongside Resident Evil and Monster Hunter.

Capcom trademarked "Pragmata" all over the world within the last month or so, so now that job listing has me thinking it may be a Dragon's Dogma subtitle:
According to this this website, pragmata means "objects seen in terms of practice and not theoretical investigation." Another website describes it as " 'things', but also 'deeds', 'acts' (things done), 'doings', 'circumstances' (encounters), 'contested matters', 'duties', or 'obligations'." I haven't played Dragon's Dogma myself, so I'm not quite sure if any of that directly fits in to the series.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Bold of you to put fighting games in the poll with Evo coming up but my money is on RE8.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
RE8 and MHW2 will be graphical showcase games but I doubt MHW2 is anywhere near ready. Most likely they will do a MHW Ultimate 4K game around launch but that's not really reveal worthy.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Resident Evil 8, I imagine. Though I do think there will be at least one more, given that Capcom has multiple major titles due out by March 31, 2021.

I saw a job listing for an assistant producer at Capcom earlier this week. The description mentions Dragon's Dogma as one if its mainstay franchises alongside Resident Evil and Monster Hunter.

Capcom trademarked "Pragmata" all over the world within the last month or so, so now that job listing has me thinking it may be a Dragon's Dogma subtitle:
According to this this website, pragmata means "objects seen in terms of practice and not theoretical investigation." Another website describes it as " 'things', but also 'deeds', 'acts' (things done), 'doings', 'circumstances' (encounters), 'contested matters', 'duties', or 'obligations'." I haven't played Dragon's Dogma myself, so I'm not quite sure if any of that directly fits in to the series.
But at the same time, Itsuno finished DMC5 just last year. If Pragmata is the subtitle for Dragon's Dogma 2 (if it's Itsuno's next project), it probably won't be out for quite a while considering that it's likely only been in development for a year at best (DMC5 took 4 years to make, if I'm not mistaken). Likewise, given that there are only 10 SKUs, there aren't a ton of options once RE8 takes up 5 of them (leaving only 5 left, 4 for a Legacy Collection & 1 for something like MH Switch). With that being said, I could see us getting a reveal for a game coming in April or so, which would be within the next fiscal year (hence me voting for Street Fighter VI alongside RE8).

Oct 27, 2017
Outside Resident Evil 8, my heart whisper "Dragon's Dogma 2" but unless Hideaki Itsuno began to work on this with a team during the production of DMC5, that's wishful thinking.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Supposedly RE8 is on-track for release early next year according to Dusk Golem. As for Unreal Engine 5, while it's possible that Epic gave Capcom early access to the engine, there might be issues with the engine like how UE4 had crazy amounts of input lag early on (which impacted SFV & Tekken 7, though both games eventually fixed the problem when Epic fixed it on their end).

It might not be for launch like I thought earlier but it would be important for the purposes of hype to having gaming royalty at the show. It might not be their biggest IP these days but it's probably still their best known.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Bold of you to put fighting games in the poll with Evo coming up but my money is on RE8.
I feel like EVO would be the place for a character reveal for SFVI, not SFVI's reveal itself. With that said, I could be mistaken. But Street Fighter in general is big enough to be revealed during the PS5 event.