• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 17, 2019
I doubt anyone else cares about this, but Ice-Pick Lodge has mentioned several times of a game called "ICE" which would have been a love story told over several centuries.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
True Fantasy Live Online

I do not know if it would have been a good game or not but I always wanted to play it.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Recently watched the NakeyJakey vid on Horror in Videogames and man...P.T. what a loss to humanity that was.

Kojima needs to redeem himself with a horror VR game.

dannycoxr

Oct 27, 2017
Scalebound, I buy a Xbox 1 just for that game.... big lesson there, amirite?

Silent Hills (PT teaser reveal) but then we got Death Stranding which is fine by me

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Megaman Legends 3. The marketing campaign foreshadowed Keiji Inafune's questionable business practices.

Oct 26, 2017
Mario Sunshine wasn't cancelled but with another 6-12 months of development it could have been a magical experience, content complete and better technically too.

It's a bummer because there are elements of pure joy and genius game design in what we got. But the end product is inconsistent, suffers from technical problems and is occasionally just plain tedious to play.

I wish Nintendo revisits it some day. Perhaps in VR it could fulfill its potential.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
I completely forgot this existed, but I do recall I was interested in it when I was more uh edgy in my younger years 😅
Anyway, what I find interesting is that this looks very much like a precursor to the hero shooter craze.
Yeah, I was super edgy at the time myself too, super into this crap . It was scrapped something like 6 months after being announced

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Silent Hills always.
Enough Said. Mostly MM.

I also wish we had some more games from Next Level actually come out, but there's only so much that a studio can do at once.

Mario_wrestling_01-copy-1024x791.jpg

11901899196_2f17e49cd6_o.jpg

Acevil

Oct 30, 2017
Eight Days
Megaman Legends 3
ZOE3 (For the 3DS) (It was teased a lot)
While not heart broken, would have loved to see what Versus 13 would have been.

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London
It'd be Silent Hills, easily, but go with something different (that has been surely mentioned at some point): Fez 2.

The first game is one of my favourite ever. It doesn't necessarily warrant a sequel, but I think Fish definitely had something innovative and interesting enough to justify the sequel's existence.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
The NCAA Football series never appearing on this gen. I understand why but it breaks my heart. I used to be almost exclusively a sports gamer. I have broadened my horizons greatly and now sports games are on the back burner for sure. But the NCAA Football series is probably my favorite game series ever.

Lmwanderer

Oct 27, 2017
Binghamton NY
Every Legacy of Kain game cancelled sticks in my crawl but I also agree with the the sentiment on Mega Man Legends 3. I bought my 3Ds for that and two other games that were announced to be in development. Legends was the one in was most hyped on and feel we missed out on most for that franchise & system.

Jun 2, 2018
Northern Ireland
Mario Sunshine wasn't cancelled but with another 6-12 months of development it could have been a magical experience, content complete and better technically too.

It's a bummer because there are elements of pure joy and genius game design in what we got. But the end product is inconsistent, suffers from technical problems and is occasionally just plain tedious to play.

I wish Nintendo revisits it some day. Perhaps in VR it could fulfill its potential.

Could say this about Wind Waker as well. Well except the technical part, it ran well.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Scalebound…. never looked good in any showing it had. It looked janky and rough af all throughout.

edit: when it was shown people said it looked bad, as soon as it get cancelled, it was claimed to be the holy savior of the xbox brand. Gimme a break.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Pretty much any canceled Legacy of Kain title. At this point I feel personally mocked...
but we live in a world where MediEvil got a remake, so not all hope is lost.

feelthesurge

Nov 15, 2017
Mega Man Star Force 4. I absolutely loved the Battle Network series along with the Star Force series. Crossing my fingers for a Switch collection!