• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
It's Mega Man Legends 3. I still have hope that one day, maybe, it will return, even if it looks entirely different. Sigh.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strident: Shadow Front always felt like a stab in the heart. I still want that game to be made.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Bitter is not the right word, I'm just sad really that Last Ninja 4 never happened, not any remasters of 1-3 either.

Oct 31, 2017
That new ZOE game, Megaman Legends 3 and the first version of Dino Crisis 3 come to mind.

Edit: the biggest ones are probably Maximo 3 and Okami 2 though.

SeanBoocock

Senior Engineer @ Epic Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I actually was going to say this one! I love Bioware games, and one of my favorite MMOs is The Secret World, so basically seeing Bioware's take on a similar setting was my dream game. I was so bummed to see this one get cancelled.

Yeah The Secret World was definitely a reference and part of what excited me was how relatively few games explored that sort of setting. The core gameplay and "dungeon master" player fantasy were what we had proved out, but hard to say what the final shape of the game would have been. Fun project to work on with a great team.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Mega Man Legends 3 for sure. Blaming the fans for it's cancellation was the biggest fuck you ever.

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
- Far East of Eden Tengai Makyou III on PC-FX
- Xenosaga's 2nd story arc
- Megaman Legends 3
- Zone of the Enders 3

Just to name a few haha

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
i'll never get over this one :(
2795319-rising21.jpg

metal gear rising 2

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
The sequel to Paper Mario TTYD we all deserved.

Also pretty bitter about Scalebound, the original pitch for Destiny, the cut Azjol-Nerub area in WotLK, and the multitude of cancelled Star Wars games.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
Is it fair to say Dontnod's Twin Mirror is in this category yet? Because a more narrative driven game inspired by Twin Peaks and Alan Wake might have been interesting.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
My feelings never reach actual bitterness, but I did want to play Megaman Legends 3 after hearing years of praise for the first 3 games and sympathized with the hurt fans.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Fable the original pitch

A more open and ambitious fable would have been much more interesting than what we got even through I consider it to be one of my favorite games.

Anyone remembers Reich? So many interesting FPS games were cancelled in the X360/PS3 era. Prey 2, They, Tiberium etc.

Nov 6, 2017
Considering it was resurrected on Game Boy Advance, the one that upsets me is Mother 3 for N64. I remember being so hyped for that game from reading gaming magazines when I was a kid for it and then it just disappeared. I would have loved to see that title in 3D.

DRPSquirtle64

May 30, 2019
Haven't been following gaming industry that closely up until this gen even though I've been playing games for more than 20 years now so I don't know about that many cancelled games. So, as of recent games - Scalebound

OldBoyGamer

Dec 11, 2017
Bitter is not the right word, I'm just sad really that Last Ninja 4 never happened, not any remasters of 1-3 either.
How Mark Cale hasn't been able to bring those back in some form after all these years is beyond me tbh.

Xbla emulated versions aside.

Thing is, you could remake using the same iso view at a fraction of the cost of a full AAA game and I think they would make enough to kickstart a revival. I wish I could buy the IP off him.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
How Mark Cale hasn't been able to bring those back in some form after all these years is beyond me tbh.

Xbla emulated versions aside.

Thing is, you could remake using the same iso view at a fraction of the cost of a full AAA game and I think they would make enough to kickstart a revival. I wish I could buy the IP off him.
Yeah, The Last Ninja Trilogy Enhanced, with redrawn 2D sprites and backgrounds, same game underneath.

I've done it myself on my own crappy Java game, just redrawn on an iPad in Procreate.

15 year old original, just up and running on a Pi here, 640x480 res

Updated to 1080p, redrawn on iPad

I just put the old sprites at a layer at the bottom and started drawing the new ones at a layer on top. With the backgrounds I took a screendump and drew a 2D picture on top, I let the old blocky map stay invisible to form the rooms and just updated movable sprites.

Mark could easily get a team to do this but 1000 times better, like how Dragon's Trap was remastered.
It's such a shame that such a classic IP is just sitting there untouched.
He actually said that they planned to do remasters of LN1-3 at an interview instead of LN4, but that must've been 5 years ago, or more.

Last edited:

Vandal Deca

Oct 21, 2018
Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury. Written by D.C. Fontana. This cancellation is over twenty years old, but I'll never be over it.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Prey 2, all it needed was some polish. I will never forgive Bethesda for this betrayal, Fallout 76 doesn't even come close on how much they want to rob people. They deliberately refuse to let us play an excellent game just because the developers refused to be bought out.

I even read the general story of Prey 2, it was mind blowing. We will never get to experience it ourselves, thanks Bethesda for ruining everyone's lives for pure greed!

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, honorable mention to the Rogue Squadron collection for the Wii, which is rumored to be finished and just waiting to be leaked =/

www.youtube.com

Star Wars Rogue Leaders (Unreleased) Wii Trailer

Feast your eyes on gameplay from the completed -- but never released -- Rogue Squadron compilation for Nintendo Wii. This game was never officially announced...

I want that game so bad. Factor 5 even said they would love to bring it to Switch, but it all depends on Disney.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
true fantasy live online
True Fantasy Live Online was an MMORPG in development by Level-5 for the Microsoft Xbox. After a long and troubled development cycle that lasted almost two years, the game was cancelled on June 2, 2004. Available development and promotional information depict a massive fantasy setting in which up to 3,000 users—each with their own fully customizable character—can set out on adventures with one another, fighting monsters and collecting various items.

Despite being "fully playable" and near completion according to Microsoft around the time of its cancellation, the title's development was littered with complications from the very beginning.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I guess it's not officially cancelled but I'm disappointed that I'll never get to play Agent. Rockstar making a cold war espionage game sounded so cool