• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Star Wars 1313.

The original version of D2 for the canceled 3DO/Panasonic M2 console.

The version of D2 released on Dreamcast in December 1999 in Japan and mid 2000 in the west was very different the scrapped M2 game and Kenji Eno's (RIP) vision of D2 that was shown to the public in late 1996.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Megaman Legends 3 and the next game doesn't even come close. But Silent Hills as the second game for sure.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Valve single player games

They used to make some of the best SP games of all time

Then they just stopped after 2011

(Yeah I know some VR stuff and they have some stuff coming out from studios they aquired, but that hardly stratches the Half Life/Portal itch)
Valve's first VR game is a full AAA Half Life game, so it will definitely scratch that itch.

Joelington

Sep 13, 2019
Canada
Will always be Silent Hills for me...
Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro directing with Junji Ito doing monster designs is a dream lineup.
Death Stranding looks incredible, but that's a very different kind of game.

insoorigami

Sep 24, 2018
That supposed "Castlevania Symphony Of The Night 2" that was gonna release on xbox 360 and ps3. Oh yeah and Megaman Legends 3

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man Legends 3, True Fantasy Live Online, followups to Advent Rising.
Mega Man Legends 3!

Here's some fan art I drew. It's been 19 years this week since Mega Man Legends 2 came out in North America so I put in 1 Servebot for every year since.
neal-akuma-mega-man-legends-3-2019-revised.jpg
Mega Man Legends 3. No question.
Star craft ghost
Silent hills
Mega man legends 3
Mega man universe
Legacy of Kain Dead Sun.

Scalebound.

Megaman Legends 3.

Capcom Fighting All Stars.
Mega Man Legends 3 >:(
Bitter isn't the word I'd use but I'm still sad about Megaman Legends 3. The videos were looking great.
Mega Man Legends 3. MML was probably my favorite series on the original playstation. It was such a letdown seeing it fizzle out like it did.

The most recent Legacy of Kain that was in the works, but I only know about it through Mama Robotnik's thread so it doesn't sting nearly as bad, but I'm really fond of the Legacy of Kain series.
Legends 3 still pains me to this day
Mega Man Legends 3 would almost certainly have been good. It was a spiteful cancellation.
Mega Man Legends 3 was some dirty ass shit on Capcom's part. i've never even played an MML game before, have no nostalgia tied those games but after the whole affair i was like, damn man, really?
Mega Man Legends 3 and Zone of the Enders... Not actually canceled but never made would be Chrono Trigger 2.
Megaman Legends 3 and the next game doesn't even come close. But Silent Hills as the second game for sure.
Mega Man Legends 3.

It still hurts.

It will never not hurt.
My people... I agree with you all. It will never not hurt.

May 29, 2018
I will forever be salty about Microsoft canceling Scalebound. It might've been in development he'll but it's the only Xbox exclusive I was ever stoked about

Giard

Oct 27, 2017
The Phantom Dust game for Xbox One. I appreciate the free original game on the windows store, but still.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Half Life 2: Episode 3

and back in the day I was REALLY upset about B.C. (the Molyneux game with dinosaurs).

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I thought Coded Arms: Assault could have been a cool game if the property was able to stretch it's legs on a home console a little, but I guess we'll never know.

The frustrating thing about it for me is for the longest time Konami wouldn't say if it was cancelled or not. I even emailed corporate myself to ask them directly and they actually responded twice saying that the game was not cancelled and was still in development. Lies.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Since people have already mentioned the most popular ones, I'm gonna say Chronos Materia and Project Prelude Rune. The latter not only because it looked like it could be interesting, but because they ended up shutting down Studio Istolia.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Devil May Cry for PSP.....I wanted to play as sparda dammit

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Shenmue 3 for Dreamcast. Really curious how it would've turned out with full Sega backing and a ton of the tech and assets already done from prior games.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

BC from Peter Molyneux.

BCBowAndArrowFight.png
I came here to post these two.

Cry On was a collaboration between Mistwalker (Lost Odyssey, Last Story) and Cavia (NieR, Drakengard) and would feature Uematsu for the music.
I was devastated with the cancellation, and Cavia shut down shortly after.

BC was an (open world?) prehistoric game that let you play as a caveman and dealt with dinosaurs and other caveman clans. It also had raptors with mohawks, no more needs to be said.
kNDkQDQ.png

Some people have leaked early builds of the game, videos of which are on YouTube.

Deleted member 11182

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario RPG, the PAL version all those years back. It was supposed to be my Christmas present and most importantly it would fill the empty space that was left by the sudden delay of N64's launch . But Nintendo had to take that away from me also. I was heartbroken, just ravaged.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
This is spicy, but Final Fantasy versus XIII. Was it canceled? Not technically, but we certainly didn't get the game that FFvXIII was supposed to be. Still bummed out about how XV turned out.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Lunar 3. Lunar: EB was my favorite 16-bit RPG and I would have loved to have seen them continue the series with similar quality instead of endlessly remake the first game & whatever Dragon Song was supposed to be.

Jan 15, 2018
Isn't the new game supposed to live up to that premise?

Maybe? I don't think it's exactly trying to do that, seems more along the lines of Control or the new God Of War. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I was talking more like a super cinematic 10-12 hour game with big setpieces, more linear, and focused on characters.

Definitely excited for Fallen Order either way.