• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flawfuls

Oct 28, 2017
c
EmF0fqRWMAEB8-M

the finger pointing excuses people are tossing out do not reflect the reality of the vote. the dems have a lot of work to do on policy, blaming the rural electorate is a lost cause

Where did this data come from? I've seen a lot of similar thing about other demographics, but how can anyone have accurate data when the aren't even done counting?

OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think you throw everything at these Georgia runoffs, and highlight the disgusting/polarizing election tactics of Trump right now. The refusal of Mcconnell to work the slightest bit with Democrats. And you use the momentum Georgia has right now for the biggest runoff campaign. Then you can start thinking about 2022. Maybe I'm naive, but not seeing why a runoff would be so unlikely
I'm also a believer in the runoffs, it just might happen the way georgia turned blue, but we still have to make sure we dont lose seats come 2022

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop telling me that I need to fall in line, forgive trump voters, and that matters that directly impact me and mine turn away racist moderates.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Have 2 million of them move out of California.

If the upcoming recession is as bad as it sounds like you very well may get your wish!

After the 2008 crash a lot of my friends and family moved to Texas, Arizona and North Carolina. I know Texas and NC have some liberal outposts, and I guess AZ is purple enough now to deal with.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm genuinely not sure what can. After 4 long years of this shit culminating with our very democracy at stake, it should have been more than enough to push every goddamn registered Democrat to get out and vote.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If 2020, with everything that happened, led to dems losing seats in the house and not getting control of the senate. I don't have high hopes for 2022.

The runoffs are a chance for democrats to prove they care about more than just the presidential election every 4 years.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
We have to find a way to keep registered dems active and engaged, mainly in lean D and swing districts. There are too many seats that dems won narrowly in 2018 and that also won narrowly this time around as well. Luckily, many of those narrow wins in 2018 became fairly decent dem wins that i think will survive a lower turnout.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
A massive piece of legislation or an EO that is beneficial to young voters and people on the bri k of poverty or lower.

canceling or diminishing student debt may do it. Healthcare may be another. They just have to get it right.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Higher minimum wages

Marijuana legalisation

Student debt relief

Monthly stimulus

Rent and eviction protections

Also you have to talk about these vigorously and repeatedly as you campaign. You can't just have them on a website or PDF somewhere.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
The only way to do this is to just keep scolding activists for scaring white people in suburban Virginia until they stop.

Or just stop running away from popular policy like legalizing weed.

Oct 30, 2017
These two years need to be significant in fighting voter suppression.
The DOJ needs to get their hands dirty.

Use swift and bold executive action to show you mean business. Then promise very bold legislation if you were to regain control.
They gotta try.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Remind them of the success of the 2018 blue wave.
Remind them of the success of electing Joe Biden.

What really needs to be focused on is how the galvanization of large, urban areas helped bring back key states like Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Georgia. Many, many people voted for the first time in their lives in 2020, and it resulted in the flipping of these states. We need to chip away at the remaining apathetic voters and to show them the direct evidence of people getting out and voting so that these states never flip back, ever.

Additionally, Democrats need to find a way to connect with suburban and rural areas in states where ground can be made up (North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Florida). They need to gain a better understanding of why these voters wanted four more years of Trump & Conservatism, and to see how they can appeal to these voters. Everything else (Oklahoma, West Virgina, Kentucky, etc.) are most likely just a lost cause at this point.

Edit: Not so fun fact. Not a single county (not even OKC's) in Oklahoma nor West Virginia voted for Joe Biden.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Actually improve lives. Get people healthcare. Get the poor livable wages. Make education something other than a debt sentence. Address the concerns of BLM, LGBTQ+ people, & women in fear of loosing their bodily autonomy. I don't give a shit if people think it's "identity politics" that's "unpopular in republican states", those minorities & marginalized people are the people who bust their fucking asses for democrats not because they see politics like a sport but because the issues are too often the difference between life and death for them. Too many people don't acknowledge when you help those at the bottom, people truly struggling, that raises all ships. Everyone benefits when you help to improve the lives of the disenfranchised. Don't fucking ignore them or write their issues off as too fucking radical or you'll lose their support beyond just the ballot box & campaign funds. Most importantly stop treating the GOP like colleagues who need a bit of convincing to come around. I don't know how many more times democrats need to see politicians like Bitch McConnell act absolutely corrupt and reveal that they're completely absent of scruples & will commit or tolerate any crime, from extortion to encouraging violence, before they start treating their duties as the battle for the safety, lives & livelihoods of the American people that it actually is. Like it shouldn't take one of these so called self-styled "militias" to actually succeed in committing a terrorist attack or kidnapping a democratic politician to stop letting the GOP continue to play people like fucking fiddles. Call a spade a spade and stop letting the Republican Party kneecap you in making a tangible difference for people. People will see that and they will consider you ineffectual, not practical.

Last edited:

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden needs to come out swinging w/ executive orders. other than that, there's nothing we can do. 2022 is going to be a massive disaster