• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I know this site is mostly people from the USA but there are many of us who aren't and I'm sure many people around the world are watching and want to help and support protesters and black americans somehow. I know racism is a worldwide issue and we can all stand against it daily but I'm thinking how can people outside of the USA help with the current situation? I don't pretend to know exactly what's going on there since I don't live there but the world can surely unite and support protesters and black americans?

I don't want to just watch/read it on the news and then forget about it after a few minutes when I go watch YouTube or play a video game. What can we do to help?

Last edited:

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know either. I feel the same as you.

Try and lead by example is one thing, I guess. I'm sure there are a few donations we could make.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I 'd love to have a comprehensive list of good donation areas to donate too.

Just afraid that there might be a few scams running about. If anybody has a great list (UK citizen here) I'd be glad to donate.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
First step has to come from Americans, can't help someone who isn't willing to change. Let's see what the country wants the upcoming elections and after things will be more clear.

For right now,
In general leading by example regardless offline and online - the Minnesota threads also has a bunch of threadmarks and updated posts with good cases you can donate to if it's possible.

Sharing important messages on social media also helpful, every little bit of visibility helps.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know what you meant OP, but it rubs me the wrong way reading "helping the USA".
Something like "let's help the protesters" or "let's help black Americans", sure. But "help support the USA" gives me a bad taste, as when you're using the entire country this way you also gotta remember all the stuff it did to other countries in the world.

Zweizer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The world needs to airdrop food and medicine to impoverished cities.

Set up a system of loans to help fund its broken economy, while making sure there are checks and inspections so the money doesn't get funneled by local corrupt politicians.

Alternatively set up sanctions to put maximum pressure on its rulers to comply with human rights.

Organize charity song fundraisers. I have an idea for a catchy name: The World for USA.

Worst case maybe depose their ruler and set up a more democratic and humane one that's better aligned towards the interests of the world at large.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Donate.

Most likely your country also has issues w/ racism and the police. Start that conversation. I've seen some Australian people do that recently.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
Is there a way to donate protective equipment to protesters? Seeing these cops beat and drive into innocent protesters is disheartening.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
I don't think anyone has this.

Honestly a nonprofit that distributed protective equipment would be a wildly good idea.
Is it legal? How can we get this started? This is needed. I'm seeing so many people hurt because of 1 cop who escalates things because he's got a fucking shield and a helmet + vest, and they don't.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't really know what we can do. I guess try supporting via social media?

Keep repeating ACAB whenever possible. Police apologists are bad too

That gets weird when you live in a country where the cops are pretty good.

But I do generally agree with spreading the message that "american cops are bad."

OP
OP

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I know what you meant OP, but it rubs me the wrong way reading "helping the USA".
Something like "let's help the protesters" or "let's help black Americans", sure. But "help support the USA" gives me a bad taste, as when you're using the entire country this way you also gotta remember all the stuff it did to other countries in the world.
i get what you're saying. that's my fault, sorry. i tried to be as sensitive as possible and i will edit the post.

i mean the USA citizens out protesting and of course black Americans. in no way do i mean the government/state/police.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
atm the best way is donating to bail founds, if things don't calm down In the next days we may have to start donating to fund equipment and other related things.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I don't think there's anything anyone else can do to help the richest country in the world, and a country that systematically and actively isolates from what happens with policy in other countries

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Our justice system needs total reform and that will most likely never happen because the rich and powerful like staying rich and powerful.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
protest and demand better policing all over the world. pigs are pigs no matter where they are

as an example

www.opendemocracy.net

The Netherlands' disgrace: racism and police brutality

A disturbing trend in the Netherlands towards more intense forms of racial profiling is converging with increasingly frequent and violent forms of police repression against minorities.

and of course look at hong kong and chile

www.nytimes.com

A Bullet to the Eye Is the Price of Protesting in Chile (Published 2019)

A bandaged eye is now so common among people protesting inequality in Chile that it has become a rallying symbol.

point being that police brutality and toxicity isn't just limited to the united states

Last edited:

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure. The Hong Kong protests have been going on for months and no one seem to have helped.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I seriously don't understand why other countries haven't openly condemned and/or punished the US yet for probably violating tons of constitutions, rights and whatnot. Especially considering all the attacks done on foreign journalists, again and again. Sending strong messages and sanctions would perhaps hit the terrible government where it hurts, i.e. the pocket.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Donate to bail funds and BLM organizations.
Use your social media presence to give support and raise the visibility of petitions.
Join a march if it's happening in your area.
Write letters to your local US embassy.

Deleted member 431

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously don't understand why other countries haven't openly condemned and/or punished the US yet for probably violating tons of constitutions, rights and whatnot. Especially considering all the attacks done on foreign journalists, again and again. Sending strong messages and sanctions would perhaps hit the terrible government where it hurts, i.e. the pocket.
Rest of the world depends on the US, either militarily, economically, or diplomatically. No one wants to get on their bad side knowing the kind of reach the US has.

also, other western countries would react to the protesting just as badly, if not worse, than the US has responded.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
Same reason nobody is sanctioning China - the sender would always take the bigger hit.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because then they'd have to tackle their own similar issues

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Because then they'd have to tackle their own similar issues
We do and most of the world doesn't have your issues. Remind me how many school shootings there are in France. We have protests against the police and against our government all the time. We'd never accept the garbage pile of policies you all have accumulated

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
As an individual: lower the amount of trade to them until they get their shit together.
Don't travel there.
Support companies in other countries (ex: buying a car)