• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
That Lego pirate ship, because it was my birthday recently, and I wants it.

8/10 bullshit.

Watching stock of Oculus Quest to grab one when available.

6/10 bullshit. At least it can keep me entertained for a long time without going outside.

My job is in no danger during the pandemic though, so I'm lucky. Also, house plans have been postponed so I have a bit more spending cash.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
A few weeks before things got serious I bought a ipad pro 2019. Convinced myself I'm going to use it to digitize my language studies in my free time. It's probably overpowered for that use, but why get an ancient tablet with massive bezels that'll be obsolete 1/2 years after?

It's nice. I'm glad the 2020 model was barely an upgrade. I should get around to studying more instead of spending the extra time catching up on shows.

4/10 bullshit

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I came so close to this.

Amazon.com: LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator 42100 Building Kit (4,108 Pieces): Toys & Games

Amazon.com: LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator 42100 Building Kit (4,108 Pieces): Toys & Games

goFK6gs.jpg

But the price....

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A $200 pair of sneakers.

That would be the most expensive pair of sneakers I ever bought. In the middle of a pandemic crisis.

I have perfectly adequate shoes right now, I'm not in need of another pair.

Straight up bullshit level of 10/10.

I don't know why I can't stop thinking about buying them.

Actually, I just really like the way they look.
I recommend Brooks or Asics shoes if you want long lasting and comfort. They ugly tho.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I recommend Brooks or Asics shoes if you want long lasting and comfort. They ugly tho.

Well, I'm in the bullshit post so I'm absolutely not thinking about it for either of those things. Like I said, I legit have no need for shoes right now — I have perfectly functional shoes right now.

But I can't stop eyeballing these:

RUMBXtK.jpg

... and I get that shoe preferences are a very subjective thing, so I am guessing some people are gonna see me linking these and be like "THIS is what this guy is bullshitting over??" haha.

But in all seriousness, I feel like if I buy these, I'mma feel super guilty about two things: (1) that no matter how much I like them from a comfort/fit/aesthetic perspective, I'm never going to get over the fact that I spent $200 on them and (2) making a purchase like this in a worldwide crisis scenario just doesn't feel right.

We'll see though, this is a serious consumer hunger kind of thought process that's infecting my head right now over these shoes. Highly irrational but irresistible...

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Samsung Note 10+ to replace my completely serviceable Note 8.
Bullshit 7/10, I've been wanting to buy that phone for a while.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get fitness boxing. I borrowed it from the library and it was fun and a workout.

The reviews talking about problems like not registering the movements correctly, the low amount of content and the weird songlist made me wary though. I guess I'll just save my money and watch / copy some youtube videos.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm in the bullshit post so I'm absolutely not thinking about it for either of those things. Like I said, I legit have no need for shoes right now — I have perfectly functional shoes right now.

But I can't stop eyeballing these:

RUMBXtK.jpg

... and I get that shoe preferences are a very subjective thing, so I am guessing some people are gonna see me linking these and be like "THIS is what this guy is bullshitting over??" haha.

But in all seriousness, I feel like if I buy these, I'mma feel super guilty about two things: (1) that no matter how much I like them from a comfort/fit/aesthetic perspective, I'm never going to get over the fact that I spent $200 on them and (2) making a purchase like this in a worldwide crisis scenario just doesn't feel right.

We'll see though, this is a serious consumer hunger kind of thought process that's infecting my head right now over these shoes. Highly irrational but irresistible...
Oh man. Ultraboosts is a good choice. You won't regret them.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
I was looking at thermal paste kits to see if I can get my laptop to run cooler. I also just realised that the 16GB of RAM is running in single channel so I'm looking to upgrade that too. I don't need this shit man.

Bullshit: 8/10

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Still have a ton of Amazon cash through mini bonus type things from work. A good portion of it may go towards a future console purchase. Now this is absolutely not the time to make a purchase like this but I was eyeing this bullshit before the covid virus stuff all went down: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GQ2VL8A

Not a jewelry or watch person, but this unique timepiece stood out so much to me that I would like to it my one to wear. What a bunch of bullshit, right?

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Olympic bar: already have one, I just want something nicer with center knurling.

New curl bar

Small amp for my desk to run some bookshelf speakers a friend gave me a while back.

I'm just not feeling frivolous purchase right now.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
A FitBit, but then if we go full lockdown and I can't go running anymore it'll be 10/10 bullshit.

A Yoga mat because I've done yoga twice in the last 2 weeks so it's clearly a habit now.

A new fancy microwave to colour coordinate with my toaster/kettle.

So many games I don't need.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
Asus ROG G14 Zephyrus. I don't need that kind of power, my ultrabook is still ok, also I don't like the fact that it hasn't a SD cart slot. But man, every reviewer is raving about it!

Bullshit: 7/10

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
An oculus quest, I say it's a 3/10. It's pretty cool tech altought of course I don't really need it.

A gaming PC. I'll put this at 4/10. Mostly because the most useful use I'll have for it is gamedev and my MacBook can handle most of the stuff I do. And I'm inconsistent enough that can't say I'll use it totally for the price I'll pay. And I'll buy an Xbox because I want to play games on my couch. I can't mainly play on my desk. I want the comfy couch.

The iPad Magic Keyboard. 10/10.The price and the use I'll give it is not worth the money. But it's so cool lol so cool.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
I was thinking of getting Warlords of New York and Animal Crossing New Horizons, though unfortunately I won't be able to go to the bank to actually transfer the 60 something euros for at least 3 weeks to a month

Solid 9/10. Completely unnecessary purchases but still something I was looking forward to

Jun 10, 2018
Stocks easily. I could definitely do without em, but buying them now while they're at the lowest gets me one step closer to building a sizeable passive income stream.

Bullshit rating: 8/10

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
A wireless vacuum. Ordered a Dyson, realized I needed an attachment for hard floor which was another 100 bucks (lmao), so returned the whole thing.

Ordered a Xiaomi Dreame V9pro instead. Let's see

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018

10/10 Bullshit.
I have a Kindle to read, lots of real paper and a laptop to write on. So I REALLY don't need this device.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I have been thinking about getting an extra Switch dock, one for my TV and one for my second desk monitor. I know it's portable and all that but the battery drains way too fast and it charges way too slow and I don't want to constantly relocate my docking when I want to change my bed playing to desk playing.

But I just can't bring myself to pay 80 bucks for it.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Got a gaming chair for my WFH office
And a dyi kit to mod my switch controllers.

Thinking of buying a new snowboard because of all the sales, but I really need to save in case everyone at my job gets laid off.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about buying a 2019 Dodge Challenger ever since my brother bought one last month. I have a 10 year old Frontier that is still in good condition with low mileage but ever since he let me drive his car a few times I can't stop thinking about getting one for myself.

9.5/10 Bullshit

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Mechanical Keyboard
6/10 Bullshit

Galaxy's Edge Legacy Lightsaber
9/10 Bullshit (even though my heart says 1/10)

A new car
3/10 Bullshit (though with me living in a big city with good public transport... 8/10)

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Bon Apetit also got me. I'm thinking about getting a dehydrator. Damn you Brad

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Luxurywise, I'd really like a 5k iMac, but they're so expensive that I'm wondering if the very old 5k models would suit me just as well for like half price.

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
I want to buy a Switch, even though I have enough unplayed PS4 games to last me a whole year :(

Oct 29, 2017
My Note 9 works perfectly fine, but I want something new.

Seeing as Samsung lost their minds with pricing--and lost their only real advantage for me after removing the headphone jack--I will likely get the OnePlus 8 Pro when that comes out.

9/10 bullshit.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
A midi keyboard. I figure it might be a good time to learn the piano and finally do that electronic music theory course I bought off Udemy for a tenner last year, but I know I'll get it out of the box, muck about on it for two hours, put it back in the box and never touch it again.

100/10 pure unadulterated bullshit.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
FF7 is the only thing that comes to mind.
I'll go with a 5/10 bullshit, because while it's frivolous and not a necessity, a game can occupy me while staying inside.

I was looking at new flooring, but I'm not willing to drop $3k during this.

I'm half considering another Switch since my wife has been hogging it up for Animal Crossing.
8/10 bullshit.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
I just spent 850 euros to buy back a part (like half) of the video games my brother has stolen from me a while ago. It's very foolish, since it's my disability money and I have no other income, but it's a matter of principle. If he will not redeem himself then I will do it. Beside, he did buy back one game console for me, although he has been angry at me since.

10/10 bullshit - my religion does not permit me to be attached to material goods or to be salty about money, and there I am. I might make the epidemic spread even worse by ordering all this too.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
An electric coffee burr grinder..... only I finally caved and bought it yesterday (I wasted hours online going between two models). For the most part I was still holding on with my old manual burr grinder but even the wife was telling me to just buy one. :/

Its almost my b-day and I am seriously considering asking this as a gift from my wife:

LEGO-Creator-Expert-Modular-10270-Bookshop-Cover-WH7ZQ.jpg
OMG, I think I found my next BS purchase. It would go great next to the French restaurant one I built a few years ago.