• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I am so close to buying an oled and updating my entire gaming area. As soon as my car is paid off I'm doing it. Well I also want to build a new pc but I've just given up thinking that's going to happen for another year or so since you can't find gpu's anywhere. But in the meantime I've got six+ months of bills saved in cash.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I paid off debt, got some household stuff, clothes shopping for kids. I built her a new gaming rig and got our family a PS5, that was our "treat" part of having an unexpected windfall.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Already did and bought these.

www.redwingshoes.com

Iron Ranger | RedWing

The Iron Ranger men's leather boot in Amber Harness is beloved for its standout style and long-lasting construction with a toe cap, speed hooks, and durable outsole. Shop Now at Heritage!

I have two pairs of these. One in brown, one in black. Absolutely love them. They can take a bit to break in but hopefully you like them.

Living about an hour away from their factory and being able to buy their factory rejects (small, superficial scratches) for massive discounts is such a nice perk.

BramStokersDracula

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 4, 2021
I bought a $300 Dolby atmos surround system from LG. It works really well except the center channel is incredibly tinny unless I leave the subwoofer on normal volume, which I would feel bad doing in an apartment.

I also paid off a small amount of debt.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I got the 3rd stimulus and the 1200 i missed out on within a week of each other so I bought an OLED tv and a Spider-Man hot toy, gonna save whats left

robox

Nov 10, 2017
nothing. i'm content at the moment.
hoping the stuff i currently have don't break....

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2019-porsche-macan-s.jpg

Macan S in chalk, premium plus package, 21" 911 Turbo wheels. I don't think I can deny it any longer, I need it, and might bite the bullet this week or next.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
I've spent $90 on Pokemon Cards, haven't collected them since the Johto sets. Probably should be happy for my wallet they're so hard to find right now.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
My partner got us some decently affordable inflatable kayaks (I think they were about $90) last weekend from Amazon.

Haven't had a chance to take them out yet, but hopefully in a few days we can

Mar 3, 2018
2019-porsche-macan-s.jpg

Macan S in chalk, premium plus package, 21" 911 Turbo wheels. I don't think I can deny it any longer, I need it, and might bite the bullet this week or next.

Nice color choice đź‘Ź

I've been thinking about buying an iPad Air 4 after my friend recently got one. Want it purely to read manga and comics. Seems really dumb when I think about it, to spend $500+ for something I'll only use to read. But then I'm gaining knowledge by reading, so it really a waste? Truly, a question to ponder....

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the Biden Bux but I still went ahead and got a MacBook m1 Air with 16gigs. And a trip to Spain for years end.

MrFreeze

Oct 13, 2019
10281_alt4.png

I got one of these as my obligatory 'bullshit fun bucks' purchase - very nice build, and it fits in with our apartment's decor. And only $50, which is my ideal soft spot for 'fun thing I'm kinda burning money on'.
Oh wow, this looks amazing. It is sold out everywhere though (I'm in the Netherlands). Is this a limited release?

SolidSeminole

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I decided to finally buy things we had been putting off buying, like all matching living room furniture. I've had the same old mismatched hand me down bookshelves and my first entertainment center I ever bought for about 20 years. We also tossed out our old raggedy pots and pans and bought a new set. And lastly, we bought a smoker. The rest is in our savings account.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Did you size down? I usually wear an 11 or 10.5 but not sure what these kind of boots would fit as.
I normally wear a size 9.5 and just went to a 9. Some folks even go entire size down. The sales person said the wear should feel like a firm hand shake. Another thing you need to think of is about the toe box. You want to be able to wiggle your toes and not have them bunched up to where itd killing your feet. If you want a pair go to your local red wing store and get fitted.

Oct 30, 2017
i wanted to buy a gaming pc with my stimulus but then we discovered our plumbing was still fucked up after we had dropped 27k on a bathroom renovation...

$1000 to dig out and replace about 8 feet of old cast iron pipe

PrestigiousMelodicElephantbeetle-size_restricted.gif

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I bought the $200 claymore complete boxed set and am considering buying the $130 claymore artbook.

I was looking at picking that up and/or the Bleach Box Set 1 during the early days of the pandemic and sadly passed on both. Now they're both getting up there in price. I did get the Assassination Classroom set instead though.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Well I bought some games I don't really need like Mario Kart. But I spent the rest yesterday on things I do need, a new laptop and the rest on spring/summer wardrobe.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Already got a new matress coming this week. But that was my wife's splurge.

I really want an OLED tv. A nice 65" if possible, to pair with my HTPC now that it has a 3070.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
About to pull the trigger on a 55" LG CX. Sitting here mulling the cost and all the shit I could buy instead, since this will be the most expensive TV I've ever purchased by a large margin, but I have a 3080 PC and a PS5, and by all accounts this thing's exactly what I'm looking for.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought some pinball. Only planned on one, but they are too much fun.

VYEPMEBl.jpg

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
My Series X is in the mail and will be here on Thursday. Other than that, I'm looking at getting a nicer fence in the backyard, maybe planting some trees to give more privacy for the hot tub.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get a decent Mountain Bike, but everything is sold out everywhere.

HylianMaster2020

alt account
Banned
Jun 30, 2020
People don't understand if you owe taxes the stimulus just goes to that and gives you very little to spend.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I didn't get any Biden bucks, but after a couple weeks of hemming and hawing over it, I bought the official hard drive expansion for my Series X despite the eye-watering price. Should be here tomorrow.

i wanted to buy a gaming pc with my stimulus but then we discovered our plumbing was still fucked up after we had dropped 27k on a bathroom renovation...

$1000 to dig out and replace about 8 feet of old cast iron pipe

PrestigiousMelodicElephantbeetle-size_restricted.gif
Oof, you have my condolences. I recently sold a 90+ yr old house with a vertical cast iron drain. It developed a leak last spring and I had a plumber come out who specializes in old houses. He ended up caulking the leaky connection because that was all he could do. He said if it ever needed to be replaced, they would have to take out the entire thing, which ran from the basement up through the first and second floors of the house. I didn't even ask for a ballpark on how much that would be because I decided I'd just burn the house down at that point. lol

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I just threw it into savings since I'm still trying to find a house. Also buying a bunch of baby stuff that wasn't purchased from our registry considering our baby is due in four weeks.

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't get any Biden bucks, but after a couple weeks of hemming and hawing over it, I bought the official hard drive expansion for my Series X despite the eye-watering price. Should be here tomorrow.

Oof, you have my condolences. I recently sold a 90+ yr old house with a vertical cast iron drain. It developed a leak last spring and I had a plumber come out who specializes in old houses. He ended up caulking the leaky connection because that was all he could do. He said if it ever needed to be replaced, they would have to take out the entire thing, which ran from the basement up through the first and second floors of the house. I didn't even ask for a ballpark on how much that would be because I decided I'd just burn the house down at that point. lol
Ha, I appreciate it. It was inevitable, unfortunately. Most of the cast iron had been replaced when we had remodeled the kitchen some years prior, but there was 3" cast iron several inches under the foundation that had either deteriorated or had built up so much blockage that water would just back up after a day or two.

But since the fix, everything drains like a dream.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Paid cash for a patio overlay on our new house. Looks amazing, and gladly hooked up my contractor dude so he can keep feeding his family.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got a new Apple Watch and set of AirPods Pro and a HomePod before they went out of stock for good.