• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Hey everyone. This is a question coming to mind at 2 in the morning after being woken up by family and not being able to go back to sleep. Nintendo and Panasonic are historically pretty close (see the ownership split of PUX Corporation), but I think I've seen Samsung sets too. Does anyone in the know, well, know what Nintendo's preferred brand or, if possible, model of television is to showcase its Nintendo Switch software being played in TV mode at trade shows, events, and the Nintendo New York store?

Bonus points if you somehow have knowledge of what TVs will be in Nintendo's Shibuya store when that opens next month.

Thanks, everyone!

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I know in private demos I have seen LG TVs, which I only remember because they went into the menu at some point and I recognized it as the same as mine.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Trying to dig through my photos now when a friend and I went to that Nintendo Switch Tour before the system launched. I'll admit I don't remember seeing any major logos on the TVs.

EDIT: I passed by one video from said event a friend captured. It was very faint, but I'm pretty sure the logo was Panasonic.

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
Nintendo use TVs from Sharp in their offices in Japan, as you can see in these photos of a meeting room at Nintendo Development Center:

Cd1zenl.jpg

YRxH6Dg.jpg

SK7U7V8.jpg

I think they also use TVs from Sharp in events, but I'm not sure:

JRPY1vB.jpg

PhD0jMU.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018
They use different ones but most of time I think it's LG I do not blame them, LG is the best for screens. if LG had more factories they would be the one in charge building Apple screens, once they can reach Apple demand they will switch from Samsung

samsung not bad but LG on another level for TV