• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Err, all those can apply to PC as well. "Backwards compatibility enhancement" happens automatically on PC since most games use arbitrary resolutions and framerates. Bought a new GPU? Grats, most of your games now look and run better.

You are right that PC does enhancements the best.

My point is more that there are a lot of excellent games on Xbox that already have BC enhancements, and I'm sure many more still coming, that were never released on PC.

For example:
- Red Dead Redemption in 4k
- Ninja Gaiden Black in 4k60
- Ninja Gaiden II 4k60
- Panzer Dragoon Orta 4k60
- SSX 3 4k
- Black 4k

Also, my other points still stand.
- PC is a poor 4k media device. It's a huge pain to get Netflix running or any of the 4k digital movies I've purchased to play in 4k on it, plus the 4k Blu-Ray player on Xbox is great.
- Xbox is way easier and more comfy for couch media viewing than PC
- Having an Xbox for Co-op/MP is awesome, especially now that games will more regularly be 60fps.
- There are still a lot of great games that only release on console, like the Kingdom Hearts series.

One thing I forgot to mention. If your 4kTV is far away from your PC, as in, it's not feasible to line an HDMI cable from your PC to it, then:

- Cross-saves/cloud saves are amazing on Xbox between devices.

You can literally play your game on PC. Shut it down. Walk to your Xbox, boot it up, launch the game, and keep playing on your Xbox seamlessly from the exact same spot. It's a really nice feature.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I see that people still using couch gaming as a benefit like you can't connect a PC to a tv fucking EASILY smh

I'm buying a sxs because I want one

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I get that, that's still a personal thing tho. Fact of the matter is they're all boxes with HDMI ports in the back so the rest is really up to the user. I think my PC has never NOT been connected to a TV.

I would literally have to buy a second PC and I'm not quite prepared to drop another $2000 on another gaming PC to hook up to the TV. I get that it's easy to hook up, but my gaming PC does more than just games these days which makes the living room not the best place to put it so I would need another gaming PC to hook it up to the TV.

For all of the "It's easier, it's simpler" arguments... I don't think they hold much water for gamers. Otherwise consoels would be larger than PC gaming... but they aren't.

Think about that. Think about the BILLIONS of dollars Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo sink into marketing and subsudizing console hardware and moneyhatting games.

NO ONE does that for PC's. No one.

And yet the PC gaming market is larger than consoles. So either to a HELL of a lot of people PC gaming isn't so difficult, or complicated as some of you make it out to be, or I'm missing out on something.

Is there like a PC gamer fanclub that gets you rewards or something? There is, isn't there? Fuck!

What since when is the PC market bigger than the console market? Just look at titles on console and then look at how well they sell on PC. Consoles tend to outsell the same title significantly.

Plus it is easier, and PC gamers should just stop trying to push the notion that PCs are just as easy. They will never be as easy and it's just in their nature. That doesn't mean some people don't mind the differences or can handle it with ease, but PCs will never be as easy as consoles. PCs are more complex, and with more complexity, there will always be more issues. There's a ton of advantages with PC gaming, but the ease of a console will never be it.

Last edited:

Backlog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a causal sports gamer, so I don't need the latest and greatest EA sports title. I'm looking forward to having access to the older versions of NHL and Madden on the Series S as part of my Game Pass Ultimate/EA Play sub without having anything on top of Game Pass (although I know you can get used sports titles for pennies on the dollar, but that won't be an option with the Series S). I know Madden is on PC, but I don't see the other EA Sports titles coming to PC anytime soon. (I have a decent gaming PC that works fine at 1080p, and am just waiting on a 3060 release for newer games.)

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Honestly there's 0 reasons for me to get a Series X/S I have a capable PC just waiting for a 3080 to replace my 2070. I will definitely keep my strategy of PC/PS5/Switch for this gen.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
You are right that PC does enhancements the best.

My point is more that they are a lot of excellent games on Xbox that already have BC enhancements, nd I'm sure many more still coming, that were never released on PC.

For example:
- Red Dead Redemption in 4k
- Ninja Gaiden Black in 4k60
- Ninja Gaiden II 4k60
- Panzer Dragoon Orta 4k60
- SSX 3 4k60
- Black 4k60

Also, my other points still stand.
- PC is a poor 4k media device. It's a huge pain ti get Netflix running at 4k on it, plus tye 4k Blu-Ray player on Xbox is great.
- Xbox is exceptionally easier and more comfy for couch media viewing than PC
- Having an Xbox for Co-op is awesome, especially now that games will more regularly be 60fps.
- There are still a lot of great games that only release on console, like the Kingdom Hearts series.

Yes, games that never released on PC do not receive PC enhancements. I'd file that under the "exclusives" advantage, not "backwards compatibility/enhancement". It's a shame that Xbox emulators aren't really a thing.

I can't say I've experienced any pain using 4k Netflix on my machine though. I installed the Win10 app and it just works. And I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "comfy couch media viewing", but I've been watching movies, TV shows, and anime on my home theater via my PC for the last 12 years. It works great and requires minimal effort. Install VLC and you're good to go. And you can couch co-op on a PC. My girlfriend and I do it all the time.

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Is there anything that I left out? Any other thoughts from PC owners that will also be picking up an Xbox
You named a lot already like having thousands of BC games at your finger tips. I'd say for the majority of the PC gamers out there it's more expensive to upgrade their PC than buying a Series X. The console has a lot of power and custom hardware, thus you need to spend a lot to have a system performing similarly, if you don't have a very good high end PC already.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I have a PC and use game pass on it, but am considering getting an xbox later down the line for the expanded library of games and upgrading my PC will be way more expensive than the console.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Upgrading my 2013 PC would cost more than just buying a XSX, and I can more easily bring the console into the living room to play with my roomies.

So yeah I am going back to consoles for gaming. Well, I've been a Switch + PC gamer since the Switch launch, but I am gonna swap in an XSX and just use my old-ass PC for PC-only Steam indies, which it still does just fine.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Honestly neither Sony or Microsoft are giving me a reason to upgrade. I already have a UHD player in my x1x and gamepass for pc will yield me all of the cool exclusives. Sony is porting the exclusives I want to ps4 for the moment so why upgrade there? I'm thinking I'll wait a year or 2 for ps5 and skip series x altogether.

Fair play, but I'm going to throw a twist your way.

Xbox One X's are sold out everywhere, and your 1X might be worth as much as a Series X. Sell your 1X and upgrade to Series X for almost free, then enjoy all the framerate upgrades, better looking games, and future-proof your Xbox.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Save $$$ by going S | X
This is and has always been console's biggest advantage. 3080 is 700 (not even gonna mention 3090) so even if you need to upgrade your graphics card only, you are spending a nice penny. not to mention if you need new CPU, more memory, buying a new SSD. you're around 1200. (And full disclosure, I plan to get a new 3080 eventually, and a bigger SSD and a new Ryzen CPU so im one of them)

I am also getting an XSX because like my Switch, I like the ease of game use.

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
I already have Ultimate (upgraded from Gamepass pc) for my PC but I am getting X for Xmas as a gift to myself :)

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I see that people still using couch gaming as a benefit like you can't connect a PC to a tv fucking EASILY smh

I am wondering whether I just stepped in another dimension in which Nvidia Shield and Steam Link does not exist.

Like you don't even have to buy shit. Just run Moonlight or something. Rainway. Parsec. There's a fuck ton softwares.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
This. Some users here really underestimate the value of Series X and PS5. Unless you have a very good high end pc, upgrading it will probably be more expensive than buying a console.

I doubt anyone fails to recognize the insanely good value of the consoles, but cost/value isn't the only thing people consider when choosing what to buy. If you have the disposable income and care about IQ/performance, mods, emulation, etc then the choice isn't as clear cut as you make it out to be.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
If you gamepass ultimate, should check out pc gamepass. Both devices now (xbox and pc) have some exclusive games that don't overlap with one another. The console gamepass used to be leagues ahead of PC gamepass but that isn't really the case anymore.

www.xbox.com

Xbox Game Pass Games Library | Xbox

Explore the Game Pass library and play hundreds of games.

So if you have ultimate can dabble in both. Just mentioned it because I see a decent amount of commentary that makes it sound like PC gamepass isn't very good still, when it has become a lot better. With gamepass ultimate you don't need to choose. Just play the game you want on either device it's on.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
You named a lot already like having thousands of BC games at your finger tips. I'd say for the majority of the PC gamers out there it's more expensive to upgrade their PC than buying a Series X. The console has a lot of power and custom hardware, thus you need to spend a lot to have a system performing similarly, if you don't have a very good high end PC already.
You can run tens of thousands of games on PC since the eighties, including most consoles ever made, better than the original and play with any controller. How is backwards compatibility a plus of Xbox?

Xbox-backwards compatibility maybe, since the current emulators aren't good.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut

Honestly I think it's a little obtuse to suggest that hooking a PC up to a TV is the same as a console. Especially if your wife wants to play a game. Turning on the console with the controller itself and navigating to the game you want to play is just more straightforward for a casual player.
I as an "enthusiast" agree that it's not all that inconvenient, windows p works pretty well if you need to designate certain monitors for certain games. But it's not simple for my wife.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think it's a little obtuse to suggest that hooking a PC up to a TV is the same as a console. Especially if your wife wants to play a game. Turning on the console with the controller itself and navigating to the game you want to play is just more straightforward for a casual player.
I as an "enthusiast" agree that it's not all that inconvenient, windows p works pretty well if you need to designate certain monitors for certain games. But it's not simple for my wife.

oh I completely agree that hooking up a Pc is not as easy as getting a console up and running

but acting like it's difficult or something or that it's not an option(which is regularly mentioned here) is also ridiculous

And honestly, it's like, maybe 10% harder. Once I got my dad all set up on a Pc to his tv he rarely has any issues and he is like the most tech unsavvy person and he's also partly blind. Soooo yeah it can't be THAT much harder.

also understandable if you don't want a Pc next to a tv because it's quite large compared to a console BUT it's also getting pretty close size wise with the next gen consoles!!

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's just value and convenience. I have a capable PC and pre-ordered a Series S. Going to hook up the series S to the (1080p) TV in the bedroom. Gamepass still has console/pc exclusive that are not available on the other platform. I have a fast internet connection without a data cap so (re)downloading games won't be an issue.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Cost about a third of the computer upgrades you would need to make your pc next gen ready?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Being able to play Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Red Dead Redemption, with good performance and resolution, along with a few other games not available on PC.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Yes, games that never released on PC do not receive PC enhancements. I'd file that under the "exclusives" advantage, not "backwards compatibility/enhancement". It's a shame that Xbox emulators aren't really a thing.

I can't say I've experienced any pain using 4k Netflix on my machine though. I installed the Win10 app and it just works. And I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "comfy couch media viewing", but I've been watching movies, TV shows, and anime on my home theater via my PC for the last 12 years. It works great and requires minimal effort. Install VLC and you're good to go. And you can couch co-op on a PC. My girlfriend and I do it all the time.

How do you currently have your PC connected? Is it through HDMI and a 4KTV with the latest HDCP? I have yet to get it working on my end, though I currently have two non HDCP 4k monitors and an HDCP 4kTV connected all at once.

Also, I'm curious what device/devices are you using to control your PC?

As for Xbox being easier to use:
- It currently takes one button press to turn on my Xbox and PC, and I instantly have control.
- I can do everything from a controller or media remote on Xbox, never have to troubleshoot or get off the Sofa unless I run out of battery charge.

This is with my Xbox configured for my TV, and instant-on mode turned on. From there I press down twice to access my custom apps category and select my streaming service (currently have Netflix, Crave, Amazon Prime, and Disney Plus).

For PC
- it's still a good experience on my end, but I also use my PC for work, so I use Win10 Pro, and need to login. Just getting into my PC is more hassle.
- Windows gets confused a lot with my monitor setup. One 4k60 monitor, one 4k 120hz monitor, and one 4k60HDR TV. Since I don't always have my PC viewed on my TV, my multi-screen setup regularly breaks, causing me a fair amount of troubleshooting time. Just to troubleshoot, I need to get off the couch and over to my PC, and fiddle. If my 4KTV isn't displaying, I can't even login since my monitors are too small to see from the couch.
- I find PC gaming and media viewing from my couch just always has a snag. Some pop-up that won't work with a specific device, for example, or my 4KTV not being the main monitor, so I can't see volume settings or quick launch icons. Windows regularly launching on other screens not easily viewable.
- For games especially, Steam games launching on screens other than my 4kTV, and not having settings to change monitor. My solution here was to mirror my main screen, but this forces a 60fps limit on my main monitor, which leads to more of my multi-screen woes.

- I've bought several devices and apps to help with this:
- Have a Wireless Keyboard with touchpad
- Xbox controller with Controller Companion app from steam (excellent app, I'm surprised at how easy it is to navigate my PC).
- Motion remote with programmable buttons to help turn on the TV and Stereo

None of these are the perfect devices on thier own, I always seem to need at least two together.

That is my experience at the very least. I'd love some tips on improving it, but just having to ask that shows me how convenient an Xbox is for a lot of things.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
1) BC with games from all gens of XBox
2) HW and SW innovations that have yet to come to PC (many of the IO improvements such as DirectStorage will not be in PC software til late 2021 at the absolute earliest with mid to late 2022 being much more likely)
3) easy and fast resume of games
4) 4K blu-Ray player
5) Quieter
6) uses less electricity
7) while many 1st party gamepass titles will come to PC, the same cannot be said for third parties.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
How do you currently have your PC connected? Is it through HDMI and a 4KTV with the latest HDCP? I have yet to get it working on my end, though I currently have two non HDCP 4k monitors and an HDCP 4kTV connected all at once.

Also, I'm curious what device/devices are you using to control your PC?

As for Xbox being easier to use:
- It currently takes one button press to turn on my Xbox and PC, and I instantly have control.
- I can do everything from a controller or media remote on Xbox, never have to troubleshoot or get off the Sofa unless I run out of battery charge.

This is with my Xbox configured for my TV, and instant-on mode turned on. From there I press down twice to access my custom apps category and select my streaming service (currently have Netflix.

For PC
- it's still a good experience on my end, but I also use my PC for work, so I use Win10 Pro, and need to login. Just getting into my PC is more hassle.
- Windows gets confused a lot with my monitor setup. One 4k60 monitor, one 4k 120hz monitor, and one 4k60HDR TV. Since I don't always have my PC viewed on my TV, my multi-screen setup regularly breaks, causing me a fair amount of troubleshooting time. Just to troubleshoot, I need to get off the couch and over to my PC, and fiddle. If my 4KTV isn't displaying, I can't even login since my monitors are too small to see from the couch.
- I find PC gaming and media viewing from my couch just always has a snag. Some pop-up that won't work with a specific device, for example, or my 4KTV not being the main monitor, so I can't see volume settings or quick launch icons. Windows regularly launching on other screens not easily viewable.
- For games especially, Steam games launching on screens other than my 4kTV, and not having settings to change monitor. My solution here was to mirror my main screen, but this forces a 60fps limit on my main monitor, which leads to more of my multi-screen woes.

- I've bought several devices and apps to help with this:
- Have a Wireless Keyboard with touchpad
- Xbox controller with Controller Companion app from steam (excellent app, I'm surprised at how easy it is to navigate my PC).

That is my experience at the very least. I'd love some tips on improving it, but just having to ask that shows me how convenient an Xbox is for a lot of things.

Yeah, HDMI out from my PC to a X4200W Denon receiver to a C6 OLED. I press the PC button on my universal remote and it's at the desktop. I also have two other monitors connected (one 3840x1600 144hz ultrawide and one 1440p 144hz). When the receiver+TV is on, the desktop extends to the TV and makes that the primary display.

For navigating I have a Logitech K400 keyboard/touchpad and also a Logitech Marathon mouse. Most of the time I don't need a KB so I just use the mouse. I click on Steam in the taskbar and launch the game. So 2 clicks. A console UI is obviously more pleasant to navigate just from a UX perspective, but PC can be just as simple. I could use Big Picture mode, but I don't really see the need.

It kinda sounds like you need to set your TV as the primary monitor. When it's on all windows and games should open on it, and when it's off it'll set your main monitor as the primary. If you already did that then I don't know what to tell you.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
I think the most important thing to have in mind is that the VAST, VAST majority of PC players don't have a PC as capable as the Series X, and would not be able to build something similar for $500. So, people for those who are interested in the best graphics and performance and are not willing to spend $2000 on a PC, owning a Series X will be a much better proposition;

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
I am wondering whether I just stepped in another dimension in which Nvidia Shield and Steam Link does not exist.

Like you don't even have to buy shit. Just run Moonlight or something. Rainway. Parsec. There's a fuck ton softwares.
Streaming PC games... lol

If you spent a lot of cash on your PC you probably want the best quality for everything: no video compression/artifacts, high refresh rate, no additional input lag, uncompressed surround sound. Instead people are suggesting to sacrifice all of that and stream shit via network...

The only acceptable solution, if you don't want to build a dedicated gaming rig for TV, is to get a long HDMI cable and USB extension cables for peripherals, but that in some cases is also very expensive( if you want full HDMI2.1 capabilities then that is going to cost a lot ) and requires a lot of additional setup and tweaking.

Consoles are certainly much more TV and gamepad friendly devices compared to PC.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I doubt anyone fails to recognize the insanely good value of the consoles, but cost/value isn't the only thing people consider when choosing what to buy. If you have the disposable income and care about IQ/performance, mods, emulation, etc then the choice isn't as clear cut as you make it out to be.
I don't think the choice is as clear cut, because PC have many benefits of their own. But I think Xbox has a lot of benefits aswell and price is just one reason to own a Xbox compared to PC.
You can run tens of thousands of games on PC since the eighties, including most consoles ever made, better than the original and play with any controller. How is backwards compatibility a plus of Xbox?

Xbox-backwards compatibility maybe, since the current emulators aren't good.
Sure, I own a gaming PC and there are a lot of benefits compared to console. But Xbox BC is a benefit of the consoles, thus I mentioned it.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I just bought an aorus gigabyte 17G laptop, an elite controller series 2, and pre ordered a series X. I'm very good with having both.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, HDMI out from my PC to a X4200W Denon receiver to a C6 OLED. I press the PC button on my universal remote and it's at the desktop. I also have two other monitors connected (one 3840x1600 144hz ultrawide and one 1440p 144hz). When the receiver+TV is on, the desktop extends to the TV and makes that the primary display.

For navigating I have a Logitech K400 keyboard/touchpad and also a Logitech Marathon mouse. Most of the time I don't need a KB so I just use the mouse. I click on Steam in the taskbar and launch the game. So 2 clicks. A console UI is obviously more pleasant to navigate just from a UX perspective, but PC can be just as simple. I could use Big Picture mode, but I don't really see the need.

It kinda sounds like you need to set your TV as the primary monitor. When it's on all windows and games should open on it, and when it's off it'll set your main monitor as the primary. If you already did that then I don't know what to tell you.

Very cool, and thanks for the feedback.

I'll ask a few more questions since perhaps these tips could help others, before letting the thread course-correct ;).

- Your 4kTV is 60hz it sounds like?
- I assume your are connected with HDMI, and two displayport cables?
- I assume you have some sort of auto-login working on your PC? Perhaps your use Win10 home?
- Is your main PC monitor connected as Monitor 1 on your PC? Then I assume you have the checkbox for 'set as my primary monitor' for your 4kTV?
- Which Netflix app are you using? The one from the Microsoft store, or one downloaded from the website? (Not sure if that's a thing)

I also assume you must have a good surface close to your main couch/chair spot to use your mouse? Unfortunately for me, while I do have wireless mice to use, I still prefer the touchpad or controller companion, or even the air mouse for navigation due to the curvature of my couch cushions, and no good flat surfaces near my ideal couch spot.

Cool to hear someone who has that setup working so well though. I'll probably put in some work today to see if I can smoith mine out, and finally get 4k netflix and Windows store movies to work on PC.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Very cool, and thanks for the feedback.

I'll ask a few more questions since perhaps these tips could help others, before letting the thread course-correct ;).

- Your 4kTV is 60hz it sounds like?
- I assume your are connected with HDMI, and two displayport cables?
- I assume you have some sort of auto-login working on your PC? Perhaps your use Win10 home?
- Is your main PC monitor connected as Monitor 1 on your PC? Then I assume you have the checkbox for 'set as my primary monitor' for your 4kTV?
- Which Netflix app are you using? The one from the Microsoft store, or one downloaded from the website? (Not sure if that's a thing)

I also assume you must have a good surface close to your main couch/chair spot to use your mouse? Unfortunately for me, while I do have wireless mice to use, I still prefer the touchpad or controller companion, or even the air mouse for navigation due to the curvature of my couch cushions, and no good flat surfaces near my ideal couch spot.

Cool to hear someone who has that setup working so well though. I'll probably put in some work today to see if I can smoith mine out, and finally get 4k netflix and Windows store movies to work on PC.

1. Yeah it's a C6 so 4k60. I'm planning on upgrading the TV and maybe the receiver next year to take advantage of HDMI 2.1 stuff.
2. Yeah, TV is HDMI and monitors are DP.
3. I never log out/shut down so the only time I need to log in is when I reboot.
4. The PC monitors are set to 1 and 2 and the TV is 3. On initial install I set the ultrawide as the primary monitor, then I turn the TV on and set it as the primary. When the TV is off it automatically switches the primary back to the ultrawide and vice versa.
5. Windows store.

My couch cushions are fairly flat so it's a good surface for the mouse.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
Consoles are convenient for the living room environment. Which is the main reason I use one instead of having a gaming PC. When it comes to gaming in my living room i just want something that's plug and play like consoles are without the need to sit at a desk.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I love PC gaming these days and I've got my PC set up as the ultimate couch gaming solution.

But honestly, there are still major benefits of getting a XSX instead for the average user:

1) It just works.
2) Better UI and 100% controller based, no having to manually browse Game Pass or multiple stores with your mouse and keyboard and then add the games to your big picture mode launcher etc..
3) Way easier to just play games against your Xbox owning friends, universal friends and Achievements list across all games, no fragmentation
4) Way smaller than the equivalent 12tf gaming PC
5) Way cheaper than the equivalent 12tf gaming PC (and includes a controller)
6) Will last you the entire generation and be supported as such without any need to upgrade etc

That said, I could counter all that with a ton of benefits in favour of PC, not least the potential to go way bigger and better than any console with a 3 series RTX card, having a bigger library than Xbox (or any console), mods, cheaper games, more customisation and flexibility in how games run (eg prioritising framerate, not having to wait for enhanced patches for older games etc), the list goes on.

It just depends what you want. If you just want to slouch on the couch, impulsively pick a Game Pass game and play it, with no hassle, go for the console. If you're obsessive with how games run or look and want the best performance, and like to customise etc, then PC is your friend instead. Although Xbox has Crash 4 and PC doesn't, so that's something else to consider too if you don't have a PS4/5.

Yep you summed it up. Don't also forget the 4K UHD disc playback and OG Xbox/360 BC if that matters to you!

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
You'd rather play these games at 30fps and with worse graphics and performance? So far it's Miles, Sack Boy, and FW that they've announced as cross gen right? So GT7, Demon Souls, Ratchet and Ckank, etc, are still unknown. I doubt R&C is cross gen though.

R&C has always been a get it cheap later franchise for me anyway. I've been playing at that performance since ps4 launched and have 0 problems so far. I see 0 reason to throw 500 dollars at a problem that doesn't exist for me. Especially when i can wait the year or 2 it takes for something like God of War to come out and get it cheaper while not having to play preorder whack a mole. Hell even the horizon sequel is cross gen and that's next year some time so they're obviously serious about sorting ps4 for a while yet.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Fair play, but I'm going to throw a twist your way.

Xbox One X's are sold out everywhere, and your 1X might be worth as much as a Series X. Sell your 1X and upgrade to Series X for almost free, then enjoy all the framerate upgrades, better looking games, and future-proof your Xbox.

So there is a situation where people can find a series X but can't find a 1X so they'll pay the price of a, currently available, series x for my last gen 1X lol?

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
So there is a situation where people can find a series X but can't find a 1X so they'll pay the price of a, currently available, series x for my last gen 1X lol?

Give it a shot ;).

People will pay what something is currently worth. I have no idea why they would do that, but it could be collectors, or people who just want to game right away.

As we get closer to Series X launch, I'm sure prices will dip for a while, and then as the One X becomes more rare to find, prices could go back up eventually.

Aggie CMD

Dec 8, 2017
Your Windows PC is an Xbox. OS and tools are made by the same company. I have Xbox consoles in the living room and media room for accessibility and because it would be insane to maintain three gaming PCs.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
You'd rather play these games at 30fps and with worse graphics and performance?

I'm getting a PS5 followed by an RTX 3070, but if next gen is a repeat of the current one, I will enjoy most games on my PlayStation. Standby/Resume is a big deal for me, so is convenience, Dual Sense, etc.

It will depend on the games, ofc. Some games I may decide to play on my PC.

danielvdell

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
I have a powerful gaming PC that I've been playing GamePass games on, but I pre-ordered an XSX, anyway, for a few reasons:

• I've never owned an Xbox before, and the XSX's backwards compatibility with all Xbox generations is a big draw for me — especially since many of these games are enhanced. I can't get that on PC.
  • Living room play is appealing, especially since it can be a pain to move and configure a PC for that.
  • There are more GamePass options on console.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a PS5 followed by an RTX 3070, but if next gen is a repeat of the current one, I will enjoy most games on my PlayStation. Standby/Resume is a big deal for me, so is convenience, Dual Sense, etc.

It will depend on the games, ofc. Some games I may decide to play on my PC.

My question to the post was in regards to them holding off on PS5 because a handful of PS5 first party games were cross gen. But yeah in regards to PC v sonsoles, ease of use is a pretty big reason to go with the consoles. That's one of the reasons I'm picking up a Series X myself even though I have 3080 ordered as well.