• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
e1dbf962-f781-49a5-8931qdb.jpg

Whatever rubber sheets are cheapest. I've had some pretty magical sleeps in this.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Simmons Beautyrest Hybrid Recharge Plush mattress

Pure Care Bamboo sheets

Love both.

Also, get a mattress protector that's breathable and water resistant.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
King size "The Taylor" from Parklane mattresses with either flannel or tencel sheets from West Elm/Pottery Barn and a down comforter from Feathered Friends.

Sleep like a fucking dream.

MrChom

Oct 26, 2017
IKEA Hemnes with Lonset base and a Hafslo mattress.

I sleep like the dead, but I only recommend it if you like a firm bed.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Bob o pedic memory foam bed firm, it's huge, high off the ground and was maybe only $600-$700?

Queen size

My feet still hang off the bed but I think that's because I have never slept at the full top of the bed or maybe I subconsciously want my feet to dangle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DarkwaterV2

Oct 26, 2017
Wood slats as a base, medium-hard polyurethane foam inside, cotton-polyester cover. Bed that's open at the bottom so air moves under it. Pretty satisfied, but there are likely better out there.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I bought a hybrid. It's a layer of spring with 6 inches of memory foam on top of it.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IKEA Hemnes / IKEA mattress (which is honestly better than I thought it would be)

If you get it don't put the four metal bar things in the bottom; they serve no purpose other than to be really loud if you knock into the bed frame.

Random Macy's sheets.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In terms of a bed, nothing as it seems like a waste of money when I can just put a mattress on the floor instead. In terms of the mattress, it's a thick single person spring mattress and I find it very comfy. I have a woolly sheet covering it and I sleep with two large quilts over me, all in all very satisfying.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Lucid 12 inch latex memory foam hybrid

First sleep is tonight.

I'll let you know if I wake up paralyzed

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to know this too as we need a new mattress for the place we're moving into.

I'm thinking a $2000 budget should be good for a great mattress. We were going to the mattress store at end of month but if anyone has recommendations, would be great to hear.

We'll need to go with a queen. It'll fit both of us just fine.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to know this too as we need a new mattress for the place we're moving into.

I'm thinking a $2000 budget should be good for a great mattress. We were going to the mattress store at end of month but if anyone has recommendations, would be great to hear.

Canada, US or UK? I recommended a local company above, so it may not be feasible for you but the mattresses are fantastic.

OP
OP
Coraline Jones
Nov 9, 2017

Purple 3 Mattress $2,200

Purple.com

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got that trendy Zinus Green Tea memory foam mattress. Really nice, back and shoulder pain is absolutely a thing of the past. Memory foam is weird at first, not the kind of thing where you're immediately like "ahhh this is so comfortable" but I've noticed all the issues I had in the past from my spring mattress were simply gone after a few weeks. For under 300 bucks I have no regrets whatsoever.

Not super happy with my pillows so I'm up for any suggestions that are a good value.

MatchaMouse

Mar 12, 2018
We have a Tuft & Needle memory foam mattress. It's pretty nice. Crappy cheapo sheets to go with it.

What I really need are good pillow recommendations... my neck always hurts in the morning :(

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Queen Sized Signature Sleep Memoir 8" mattress. I used to have some really cushy queen but it made my back hurt. This mattress is a dream so far for me, I love it.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
Ikea Kopardal bed frame, Tuft & Needle mattress, random Target sheets. I'm very happy with the bed and mattress. The sheets are meh.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just sat through a purple mattress ad on youtube, and really like it. Has me thinking about getting one now.
Make sure you try it before you buy. I thought it was something I'd like, too, but after trying it at Mattress Firm, I changed my mind. The texture is really weird, and it feels like you're sleeping on egg cartons.

That said, the higher-end, 3- and 4-inch models feel a lot better but not to the point where I feel like I need to replace my mattress.