• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who do you want in Smash the most from Bandai Namco?

• Ms. Pac-Man

Votes: 25 4.6%
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • Nightmare (SoulCalibur)

Votes: 39 7.2%
  • KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Votes: 142 26.2%
  • Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)

Votes: 84 15.5%
  • Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)

Votes: 73 13.4%
  • Other (Post below.)

Votes: 109 20.1%

• Total voters

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Ornstien and Smough. They'll work like Ice Climbers except you get buffed when one of them dies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SEGA got Sonic and Shin Megami Tensei
Bayonetta is a bonus because of the ballot
"Shin Megami Tensei"
OK_thumb.jpg

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Kay he's SMT.

They just never name, use, reference, or allude to it in his trailers, gameplay, or anything in the actual game.

But he's SMT.

The interviews and press materials all point to Joker being a SMT rep, Cloud being a FF rep and Lucas being an Earthbound rep and so on.
At least in how Sakurai sees it
And he makes the choices
And the fact is that he is a japanese adult man with nostalgia for the 8/16 bit era =P

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The interviews and press materials all point to Joker being a SMT rep, Cloud being a FF rep and Lucas being an Earthbound rep and so on.
And he makes the choices
And the fact is that he is a japanese adult man with nostalgia for the 8/16 bit era =P
I mean you say he has nostalgia for 8/16 bit era but Final Fantasy and Persona don't actually reference ANY of that in Smash.

I just put more weight in that then a press release.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I mean you say he has nostalgia for 8/16 bit era but Final Fantasy and Persona don't actually reference ANY of that in Smash.

I just put more weight in that then a press release.

It should be noted that while sakurai is friends with everyone, he is not the all god. Those things you are mentioning can be more to do with how Nintendo and SEGA/Square did all the negotiations

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
And he makes the choices
Sakurai doesn't write the Nintendo PR.
Also Ness.
I think Sakurai doesn't care THAT much about representation.
But it's actually Nintendo who chose the DLC, anyhow. Maybe Sakurai can get another wild card in Season 2?

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
"Really" what?

Do you have issues with people wanting her?
At the end of the day she's a doped-up anime girl that Monolith doesn't know what to do with anymore except being a pin-up girl for what is an almost obscure JRPG series now. A character of one of the most popular fighting game franchises would be far more interesting in terms of literally everything. Hell I'd take Reiko Nagase over her, and I *like* Kos-mos.

It's just the token Xenoblade rep in a roundabout way for people it seems.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the day she's a doped-up anime girl that Monolith doesn't know what to do with anymore except being a pin-up girl for what is an almost obscure JRPG series now. A character of one of the most popular fighting game franchises would be far more interesting in terms of literally everything. Hell I'd take Reiko Nagase over her, and I *like* Kos-mos.

Or, you know, people like the character/find her interesting.

I also don't see how punchy old dude is more interesting then kick ass robot lady but then we're just getting into opinions.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Klonoa not being a poll option is a damn crime and you should feel bad, OP.

...Obviously, my pick is Klonoa. I'd be pretty damn happy with KOS-MOS too, but nowhere near how fucking over the moon I would be if Klonoa made it in. It'll never happen, though.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ms. PAC-man should've just been an Alt.
Personally I'd like to see Kos-mos. By no means a popular character, I think she'd add some much needed variety to the fighter pass along with having that cool connection of being a Namco & Monolith character.

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
Agumon mostly from the Bandai side but since characters need to originate from videogames to be included in Smash and since Digimon started as a Tamagotchi spinoff...would Vpets qualify as such?

Heihachi or Jin (Tekken) would be nice aswell along with Knight Solaire (Dark Souls).

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Note how Smash would highlight Xenosaga in a way other crossovers that include KOS-MOS haven't, i.e. a Xenosaga stage and an assortment of Xenosaga music. That is already interesting, never mind the moveset she would bring or the female representation the DLC is in dire need of.

Idolmaster would be wacky and plenty interesting itself too. Plus, we would have a newsworthy reaction from our own BGBW.

Last edited:

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
Really surprised (but very pleased!) that KOS-MOS is actually leading the poll, and by a decent margin! Though I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, 'cause KOS-MOS is just so cool. Easily the most exciting choice out of any Bandai Namco character for Smash. She also makes a great deal of sense, and would be a very Bayonetta-like choice to top off the Fighters Pass. And to the Xenoblade fans who had to settle for a Mii Fighter outfit of Rex, it'd be a nice way to bookend the pass with Xeno content. KOS-MOS may not be Elma or Rex & Pyra/Mythra...but, honestly, she kinda covers pretty much anything those characters could do plus more, and she's MonolithSoft's baby and essentially the mascot of the entire Xeno meta series, so...yeah, I can see it happening. Plus she's one of the few good options for a female character left that'd make sense for Smash without having to branch out to secondary or tertiary characters.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Are you really going to say that after she got front cover on the Monolith Soft 20th anniversary artwork?

kv.jpg

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Well yeah. What is different?

My point is they treasure KOS-MOS so much. You say her series is obscure yet she is constantly crossing over everywhere. If she were to get in smash we can even see Xenosaga revived. She's not thrown into everything for the hell of it. The devs have deep love for her.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
I guess Yoshimitsu could also work well as a Guile-like AT, just sitting there with his sword and praying...

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
KOS-MOS more like Whos-that? Hahahaha.

We have enough Xenoblade reps hahahaha.

We all want a new character, Pac-Man Jr, obviously.

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
I can only imagine a trailer beginning with the Dark Souls lady narrating, then a Souls MC lighting up a bonfire with the smash logo and the narration ending with "and then there the was the age of SMASH"

OP
OP
Giga Man

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry I couldn't include Digimon, Klonoa, or Idolmaster to the poll, folks. If more than 7 options were allowed, I definitely would have.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I want Lloyd Irving because he would be stronger than all of the other sword users. After all, if one sword has the power of 100, then two swords has the power of 200.

It just makes sense.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Ow the Edge.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
KOS-MOS would be objectively the best choice for creative movesets AND being another female fighter

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
It makes me really happy to see KOS-MOS leading the poll!
She's one of my favorite RPG characters from all time (I have a figure collection with her Legends figures, Alter, Bone and others...can't wait for her XC2 one)

Someone should tweet Harada or Salurai with the idea of KOS-MOS as a DLC for Smash :)

Puffball

Jan 16, 2018
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Folliebarder%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F10%2Fgoku_ultra_instinct.jpg

Goku from Dragon Ball FighterZ, the Xenoverse series, and the upcoming Dragon ball z kakarot game.

But spamming is something completely different (If i'm not wrong lol)
I was talking like sending only a message to show support for the character, not to fill his account with 100 tweets about the matter.

This poor Twitter user tagged Harada in regards to Smash and Harada proceeded to drag him in the mud. Though Harada was most likely joking about telling Sakurai not to put the characters in, I think the point he wants to make is that one does not need to tag the developers for them to understand the demand.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Give me someone from Tekken. Would love to have the Tekken Tag intro as a battle theme.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agumon mostly from the Bandai side but since characters need to originate from videogames to be included in Smash and since Digimon started as a Tamagotchi spinoff...would Vpets qualify as such?

Well think of this way. ROB is in smash and he's a toy. With that logic, Agumon has no barriers in getting into Smash other than being chosen.