• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/decoration/10788/

Ikea has some decent stuff.

I found this awesome davinci set they had that I hung up.

4139-WHmL-L.jpg

Also https://society6.com has some decent stuff.

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
Actual one of a kind art? None tbh, I just have a few posters:

ryan-gosling-drive-poster.JPG

51AMf6QSmUL.jpg

ZZZ061560-PO.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I've got some framed CDs (Bobaflex is the band) hanging on my wall. All signed. I love collecting physical CDs yet, and the cool ones get framed. Or at least, the signed ones :P

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Mainly original comic art, some inks, some pencils, some fully painted. This is what I have hanging in my computer room, I have a stack that I still need to frame and fit in. Plus the kids each have a piece or two whether it's a Batman sketch or a page from Archie comics. Can be expensive when you're looking at the big artists like Lee, Bisley, Mcfarlen etc. but you can get some great pieces at reasonable cost if you shop around.

20181230-134836.jpg

20181230-134844.jpg
20181230-134851.jpg
20181230-134900.jpg
20181230-134909.jpg
20181230-134919.jpg

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have 3 lithographs from Mass Effect near my TV and around the living area (I live in a tiny 1 room apartment) some printed photos from an abandoned brick factory I took during my urban exploring days. Above my desk I put some metal strips to the wall where I put the latest postcards I receive, it's a small area but it's often changing since the cards get replaced on regular base.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
On the old boards, I'd made a thread asking people to show off the art they have in their homes...I'm going to copy over what I put there, along with a few new shots.
our newest three (they aren't up on the walls yet) big pieces we picked up in South Africa, mixed media on the backside of clear acrylic
F3dfTqBl.jpg
rhe1IiLl.jpg
sT46pXyl.jpg

abstract, textured piece we found in Singapore
NY3tSgkl.jpg

papercraft awesomeness we bought at an auction to support wolves
Ye6Xxk2l.jpg

a large street scene from an artist in Lyon
ntRt7Fll.jpg

something we picked up in Scotland, image of the highlands done by Clarence Roe, a landscape painter of some note
7Rc9sYp.jpg

charcoal work we found in Paris. One of my favorite pieces, really hard not to be impressed with the suggested detail
jnlwQ0o.jpg

a ukiyo-e print by (and signed by) Hiroshi Yoshida, who worked to combine the look of the Japanese woodblock prints and the western watercolors...hard to believe that it's all block print
ZzCjDqf.jpg

something out of the Czech countryside...was a gift from my mother, so I don't know too much about it
kUFGVze.jpg

modern abstract oil..found it at a chain of art stores called Carre d'Artistes. Really great dealer if you have one in your city. Every square piece in our collection are from these places. Local artists, very reasonable prices, all good.
BebhTU7.jpg

a giclee of a Chuck Jones original, "Torso". LE was 100, bought this for my wife on her birthday. Yes, he did more than Bugs Bunny, and he did it very well
hbqLJ7f.jpg

a trio of pieces above our bed. I believe they're mixed media, pens, watercolors, and some acrylics. Again, from Carre d'Artistes
SivTYfJ.jpg
3x5A9qI.jpg
bqd6UWK.jpg

Two more from the place, these from Madrid. Sorry for the angle, lighting made it difficult
2RIiXVC.jpg
rloapyi.jpg

And two more...
mXLSHjL.jpg
PpH5urA.jpg

a large abstract from the Carre in NYC
6DRCJxel.jpg

This one was done by my Nephew as a Christmas gift a few years back. Love the game, so it was really awesome to get
8C1N0AN.jpg

something another nephew painted years ago...I don't think he (or my sister) knows it's still up on our wall...
va5AdEvl.jpg

A painting that hung in my father's office when I was a kid. He passed away when I was a teen, but I've always associated this work with that comfort that comes from his memory.
do2xvx7.jpg

A painting of a street in Paris...bought on our honeymoon. Always liked the feeling that you could continue down past the curve
qJSCqG3.jpg

A painting of Karlov Most by a Czech painter of note. I forget his name, but I know he's got something hanging in the Louvre
Pfe79Ik.jpg

An original Chuck Jones sketch/painting (and signed in pencil). We originally gave this as a gift to a friend, but years later he became an ass and wound up leaving this here. I'm happy to have it back.
u3JZrXt.jpg

A painting (reproduction) of the spot where I proposed to my wife...points to anyone who can recognize the place.
sTMBg3t.jpg

Again from Carre...one my wife loved, and it's really a neat piece. A lot of depth to it...
ZIJ2UyQ.jpg

Self explanatory, but it is paint on canvas, so it qualifies...
maFE5KB.jpg

A venetian balcony, appropriated from my mother's home. She was changing art, and asked if I wanted anything...couldn't resist
Mlsgp59.jpg

A pen drawing of Ponte Vecchio in Florence (bought about a block away) Sorry for the extreme angle, the glare was terrible (I should have just moved it to take the picture)
GizRSsc.jpg

Last edited:

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
Mostly a lot of ukiyoe, particularly by Kawanabe Kyosai. Some shunga, a few pieces of nihonga, and a couple of posters of custom drawn yokai by my tattooist.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
We have a cheap copy of the Tokyo version of the Metropolis poster, a sketch of Anarchy the comic character from a con years ago, random nerdy posters (a Dalek, Link), and, because sometimes good people do bad things, six framed album covers of Art Garfunkel's Fate for Breakfast in the hall. Nothing valuable, and no one visits anymore.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The main part of my house isn't decorated yet, but my "study" has a ton of stuff:

http:///cXbd.jpg

http:///fXbd.jpg

http:///gXbd.jpg

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I've got a shitload of video game posters from the 80s-today, music/concert, and various other stuff hanging all over my walls in my gaming room.

I've got a horrid blend of real art and stupid shit all throughout the rest. I tried to pick more... subtle pop culture stuff for around the house, like fake book covers of games, blown up Japanese art of SNES Mario games, but whatever. It looks odd compared to the paintings and photos elsewhere.

I actually just had a canvas printed of a panel from One Piece made for a bathroom (where the Going Merry encountered the ship falling from Sky Island), and a few hi-res Jojo panels/covers blown up. I don't even know where I'm putting those.

BreakyBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I have a ton of high quality prints with nice frames and mats to match. However, I just moved a few months ago, so I'm still decorating/deciding what to do.

But what I had hung up at my last place

My last apartment had a long, narrow entry hallway with tons of wall space, so I had these up there:

Daniel Danger's "Silent Hill":

silenthillproof_original.jpg

Olly Moss's "Help":

help.jpg

Moss's "The Legend of Zelda":

zeldajpb.jpeg

Moss's "My Neighbor Totoro" variant on the wall leading in to my bedroom:

my-neighbor-totoro-poster-olly-moss-mondo.jpg

Craig Drake's "Pris" (from Blade Runner for those who don't know), on the wall where my kitchen / living room met:

craig-drake-pris.jpg

Hanuka's "Psycho" on the wall leading to the
master bathroom:

psycho_650b.jpg

And I had about a dozen of these Prop/Art things in groups around the place to put up vinyl that I was listening to lately or just thought looked nice on the wall. This is a promo shot, just to give you an idea, since what I had up varied all the time:

IMG_1729-2.jpg

I have way more prints (and vinyl) than I'll ever have wall space, so I quit buying prints (the vinyl is for listening... mostly) a long time ago, but there's tons of good stuff out there. I have a penchant for stuff that matches my interests (movies/music/games), but there's plenty of great artists out there that do original art too, that sell high quality prints all the time.

Back on GAF, there was a Pop Art poster community that fostered my obsession. We even had some enterprising folks set up private commissions for the group for a while.

I'd be surprised if it didn't exist here too with a lot of the same crew. They'll be able to point you in a good direction.

Me, I'm doing my best to stay away lest I get sucked in again. I just need to figure out what I'm putting up, and where, in my new place.

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
"View from Tallon IV" from Orioto
d9bgayt-e1eff9f4-bbb5-43dd-bf55-348d66ff1cf2.jpg

Lost in Translation cinema poster:

$_3.JPG

These two vintage motorsport posters:
437-113-101P.jpg
92-119-101P.jpg

The rest is mostly IKEA stuff with landscape motives.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry colors are off due to dark room/flash. But bought this when I was in Cusco. My favorite piece of art I own.

Vmrgdex.jpg

It's a big painting too.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I get my artsy fartsy photos printed and framed. I also have some original personal art from my college days. I need to get back into painting and drawing and make some more.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I have various Bawidamann pinup girls framed and signed by the artist hanging in my media room.

http://bawidamann.com/galleries/classic-pinup/

We have various custom paintings of my wife framed and hanging in our bedroom. My favorite was done by a Japaneese Calligraphy artist. No idea what his name was (we had that done 20 years ago). I look at it often and it still has an effect on me.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I have a small collection of original paintings and prints up:

An unused Magic the Gathering sketch (had the final sketch but sold that one):
cEiIt1gl.jpg

The Final Fantasy V Advance promo poster (because the originals are apparently not for sale)

S7xY40Xl.jpg

A small mountain lion painting by Tess Garman:

05fTbfWl.jpg

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Mostly original game promotional posters from Konami rhythm games, shmups, other stuff that tickles a similar fancy.

Most recent get was the poster for Hresvelgr/Jet Ion GP.

I9tNifG.jpg

Need to get some more mounting board before it goes up.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
We have a set of mini birds by Patrick Guyton painted on silver and gold leaf, the colors shimmer and shift depending on the time of day and how the light hits it.
Similar to this (I can't find the actual mini bird set):
Patrick-Guyton-Humming-Bird-1080x1269.jpg

Also these 3 dark souls prints which I love (found here):
Lordran_large.0.png