• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if it's a port or a remake, I just want SEGA to give me the following again:
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles (just sort out this Michael Jackson mess)
- Daytona USA 1 AND 2 (2 is a great game and not many people experienced it)
- Outrun 2 (just license Ferrari again or remove all the cars for generic ones if it's impossible)
- Jet Set Radio Future
- Sonic Advance + Rush and Colors DS Collection (these games can't just kept being stuck at dead platforms. Except Advance 2, that one I don't care about)

BONUS GAMES:
Sonic Colors and Sonic Unleashed. Unleashed is not a very good game but it's an important one for setting up the boost formula. And Colors is a very nice one.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
Full reimagining of MG1+2 as a single package with enhanced MGSV gameplay.

The Witcher 1 with TW3 graphics BUT ugly Geralt.

SH1.

FE "Radiance/Radiant" duology on Switch.

Suikoden I+II (the PSP compilation that never released outside of Japan) for HD consoles and PC.

Brokofiev

Jun 20, 2019
Oof, this is tough. I think as far as a ground-up remake goes, maybe Chrono Cross. It's just so hideous and hard to play by today's standards.

Ports? Skyward Sword on Switch, I think, since I never played it on Wii because I hated the motion controls.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
1. Motorstom collection
2. Splinter Cell collection
3. Dead space trilogy
4. Metal gear solid (like re2 remake)
5. First Resident evil like RE2 remake.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Top 5 Remakes:

- Vagrant Story
- Soul Reaver
- GoldenEye
- Perfect Dark
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Top 5 Remasters:

- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- TimeSplitters 2
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Skate series
- F-Zero GX

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only one that I've already played that I kind of want is Pokémon DPPt. But even there I'm wary of what changes modern Game Freak might make.

I'd buy the rumoured Mario remaster collection as I haven't played Sunshine.

And a definitive version of Persona 3 with FES and Portable content would be great too as I haven't played that either and want the best of both without playing twice.

So:

1. Persona 3
2. Mario Sunshine
3. Pokémon DPPt

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
46119-war-of-the-monsters-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
F-Zero GX: I just want a track editor and online play. It'll be the last racing game I ever need to buy.

Darklands: A modern interface and quality-of-life features would give me a better chance with this neat-sounding, old-school CRPG.

Suikoden 1-2: I know they re-released them for PSP or PSN in Japan. But I'd love a new localization released on PC. No further graphical upgrades needed.

Shining Force 3: I would like a chance to play the complete game, please.

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776: It's maybe my favorite FE and deserves an official global release. I sketched out some remake ideas in another thread.
  • Quality-of-life enhancements: The most straightforward improvement would be to import modern FE QoL features like locking in different enemies' attack ranges and allowing the player to re-arrange units' starting positions.
  • Fatigue options: I like the fatigue mechanic. But for a Thracia remake, I wonder if IS could address the recruitment problem (where a first-time player doesn't know if character A is needed to recruit character B in the next chapter and so can't make a fully-informed fatigue decision) by allowing the player to force-deploy a fatigued unit, without a stamina drink, at a severe stat penalty (e.g., all stats halved, including movement, and no XP gain during mission). The unit's fatigue would not reset, so it would still need to sit out a mission in order to recover its stats.
  • Battle saves: Thracia can be an evil game. Some of the bosses are very, very scary and will kill your best units despite your best preparation. I don't want the full turnwheel from SoV/TH, but a remake could definitely use a limited means of saving in-mission progress. I'm partial to the FE11/12 save point system.
  • Fix Xavier recruitment: It's a pain. It can still be a pain in a remake. But please, not this kind of pain.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Remasters:
  • .hack//IMOQ - GU is cool, but IMOQ had a very different, much more somber and mysterious atmosphere to it, and in some ways I actually like the gameplay better. It'd be nice to play a graphically improved version of those games, as collecting all of the individual parts is difficult. I only own Infection and Mutation.
  • Solatorobo: Red the Hunter - One of the prettiest games on the Nintendo DS and my personal favorite game ever, Solatorobo suffered a bit on the DS from being on d-pad. It played much better on 3DS due to the nub, and it'd be wonderful to have it in HD on a modern platform so people could experience this lovely title with its art assets intact. They could even use the Perfect Soundtrack instead of the original compressed DS OST.
  • Persona 3 FES/P3P - Do I even need to explain this one? The game doesn't have a definitive release due to P3P and FES having different pros and cons. One unified release would be great.
  • Jet Set Radio Future- JSRF was such a huge improvement over the original with a full world to explore and better more Tony Hawk-like controls, yet its still stuck on the OG Xbox ;_;
  • Devil Survivor Overclocked - I just want Yasuda's artwork in HD don't judge me

Remakes:
Live A Live - A re-release of any kind would be cool, but I think a remake in vein of Trials of Mana would be kinda rad. They could even release it episodically if they felt so inclined to due to the way the game is split. It'd also be a chance to introduce new people to the series.

Ports in this episode of "why are these still stuck on 360/PS3 c'mon you don't even need to change them":
  • Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Eternal Sonata
  • Blue Dragon

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Remakes :
Xenogears
Final Fantasy VIII

Remasters :
Xenosaga Trilogy
Freelancer with controller support
Mass Effect Trilogy (with solid update otherwise curre't mods make it redundant)

Ports :
Xenoblade Chronicles X for Switch

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Full remake - Just make it pretty, add crouch, make a quick menu to access camo or food options and boom, that's the GOAT right there.

Banjo Kazooie : Remaster - Give it the same treatment Spyro & Crash got

WWF No Mercy : Port/Remaster

South Park Chev's Luv Shck : Port/Remaster

Metal Gear Solid Saga : Port - Give us ALL the games in one boxset or bundle for the love of god

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: frankly, just an upscaled version of the PSP remake War of the Lions is enough, the game is basically perfect. Any added content or further updates would be gravy. Probably stick with 3D sprites, even if not in the exact same style. I've played a lot of tactical RPGs since then, and Tactics still looks best for my part
  • Yakuza Kenzan Kiwami: Seconding for pretty much the same reasons as OP. Doing Ishin first might make more sense because it'd be lower effort. I know they never localized either game originally in part because they thought the time period and historical references were too specific to have appeal outside of Japan, so doing the lower effort game first to see if it'll play makes sense.
  • Skies of Arcadia: Sega take note, you're sitting on some gems. Ground up remake. I'm not thrilled about the Final Fantasy 7 style remake I have seen people talking about for every JRPG and I'd rather a remake stay turn based, but updating all the graphics, music, cutscenes, voices, and update the gameplay where possible. Maybe a system like Dragon Quest where you can kind of switch between turn based and real time.
  • The Last Story: The worst part about this game is that it's still stuck on the Wii. Mistwalkers early output was generally great, but taken down for a lot of reasons, one of them being that they were all exclusives to one platform or another. The reason I say Last Story instead of Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon is because Nintendo has at least once recently shown they're willing to make deals about old IP like that. Plus Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are both soon to be more accessible via X-Cloud and BC. Mistwalker is starting to do their own games with Fantasia, but I don't think this project would require outside help, either way, would love to see Sakaguchis return somewhere other than Apple Arcade.
  • Timesplitters 2: I picked 2 because it's the one I'm most familiar with and generally remember as the best, but any Timesplitters game would do. Rebuild everything from scratch and redesign the levels to take advantage of some more modern sensibilities. Frankly I might prefer a full series reboot to a remake, but this thread was about remakes.
*honorable mentions that didn't make the top 5:
  • Anachhronax
  • Vagrant Story
  • Legacy of Kain Soulreaver
  • Painkiller
  • Jade Empire

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Nier remaster
Drakengard 1, 2, & 3 remake
The Thing (PS2) remake
Shadows of the Empire
Capcom vs SNK 2

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear Collection
Bloodborne
Ninja Gaiden Black and NG2
CAPCOM vs SNK 2 with online play
Yakuza Isshin

All to PC.

Oct 27, 2017
1: Eternal Darkness

Jesus, come on, Nintendo. People have been asking for a re-release/remaster for years. It's time.

2: Alan Wake

I just want to play it and get me some juicy PS trophies, dammit.

3: Silent Hill series

Just remake 1 and remaster 2, 3, 4 and Origins.

4: Clive Barker's Undying

The game was, and still is, great. But it would do with a facelift and a port to modern platforms.

5: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Sure, it was buggy and janky as fuck, but it was a rather good video game adaption of Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos. I'd buy a remaster.

Bonus answers:
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines remastered for consoles with the fan patch baked in.

Blood remake for all platforms.

Nightmare Creatures remake for all platforms.

Realms of the Haunting remake for all platforms.

Dead Space trilogy and Dante's Inferno remastered as a Visceral package.

American McGee's Alice and Alice: Madness Returns remastered.

Lollipop Chainsaw remaster.

Splatterhouse PS360 remaster.

Resistance series remasters.

Last edited:

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
ports

nights into dreams
jet set radio future
planet harriers
radiant silvergun
knights of the old republic 1 + 2

remasters

ninja gaiden black & 2
metroid prime trilogy
burning rangers
rogue squadron collection
panzer dragon orta

Remake

Devil May Cry 2
starfox 1 & 2
wipeout 2097
ridge racer revolution
snatcher

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
  1. Remake: Panzer Dragoon Saga - This game redone on the level of something like Shadow of the Colossus 2018 is my all-time dream remake. People need to play this game. If the remakes of Panzer 1 and/or the digital release of Panzer Dragoon Orta (it's on Game Pass; tell a friend!) caught your eye, you ain't seen nothing yet. Saga is a full-fledged RPG in the Panzerverse with an awesome combat system, a great story, and a Chrono Trigger-esque length (i.e., it doesn't overstay its welcome like a ton of JRPGs do). It'd be perfect today if it was re-done well.
  2. Remake: Final Fantasy VI - Or hell, even just a simple but competent port. Anything's better than the crappy thrown-together mobile version and its terrible sprites, filtering, interface, etc. Those versions are how tons of people first got to know FF6, and it's disappointing knowing it's likely to give them a terrible first impression of one of the all-time greats.

3. Remaster: Burnout 3: Takedown - The often-remastered Burnout Paradise is also fun, but there's a reason Takedown is topping best-racer lists lately. It's super focused, the gameplay is just about perfect, and it's got a hell of a soundtrack (which, admittedly, is probably why a remaster can't get off the ground...music licensing sucks). Even so, this game can't just be stuck on PS2/GC/XB forever...can it?
  4. Remaster: F-Zero GX - Another legendary racer, except Nintendo has very few excuses here. There's no licensed music, the fans have been clamoring for this thing forever, and the series hasn't had an entry since 2004. It's long past time for something F-Zero, if not this. (But it really should be this.) Bonus points if the remake has a track editor, or a racing circuit which makes randomly-generated tracks, like F-Zero X did.

5. Port: The Hero of Time Duology (Switch) - As emulation has already shown, Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D already look damn good in 1080p. Make a new, higher-res interface, clean up some muddy textures here and there, revert some of the weird changes made to Majora 3D (esp. Zora swimming and Deku hopping momentum), and you're golden. Basically, do what a handful of fans already did in their spare time.

Aug 9, 2020
1. Donkey Kong '94: The Mario v DK series ain't doing it for me.
2. Pikmin 1: I'd like to revisit this game with prettier graphics.
3. Remaining Mario Kart levels: This would be easy money as DLC in MK8D.
4. Dragon Quest 1 - 3: We need a better option than the mobile ports
5. Early Fire Emblem games: Interested to try them. I have Shadows of Valentia on my wishlist

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
In no particular order:

-Paper Mario and TTYD
-Shining Force III
-Dragon Force
-Bloodborne PC
-KOTOR

jumper

Oct 27, 2017
Remake: Skies of Arcadia. Reduced battles and load times. Modern graphics, but in the same style/spirit (i.e.not overly dark and gritty like some modern games)
Remake: Panzer Dragon Saga. No explanation needed,
Remaster: Ecco Defender of the Future - updated graphics, and tweaked levels and controls.
Remaster: Sega Rally. Rally driving perfection, but with updated graphics
Port: Demon's souls and Dark Souls 3 to Switch (so I can play them)

Last edited:

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
Metal Gear 1 / 2 remake
Persona 2 remake
Vagrant Story remake
Panzer Dragon Saga remake
Final Fantasy VI remake

runner ups

Chrono Trigger remake
Persona 5 Royal PC port
Bloodborne PC port
Tobal 2 remake
Shadow Hearts Remake

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
WipEout 2097 (with the soundtrack)
Metal Gear Solid
Super Mario Sunshine
Destruction Derby (remade into Battle Royale)
Virtua Cop (VR)
Sega Rally Championship
Infamous

Deliverance

Aug 1, 2020
I think for me it's Xenogears. I love the game, but the pacing makes it hard to tolerate in 2020.

Dunno if this counts, but I've dreamed of a Chrono Trigger style demake of Xenogears with pixel art.

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
Its actually hard to think of these

Legend of Dragoon
Jet Force Gemini
Viva Pinata: trouble in paradise
Soul Nomad And The World Eaters
Soul Reaver

Nov 28, 2017
1. GoldenEye XBLA resurrected and ported to all systems this time
2. GTA IV & Red Dead Redemption remastered & ported to PS4/5 & XBO/Series
3. Super Mario 64 remastered all the way to Galaxy 2 on Switch
4. Timesplitters 2 remaster/port
5. NBA Street Vol 2 remaster/port
6. Def Jam Fight for NY remaster/port or make a new one
7. Mortal Kombat Trilogy remaster/port (my favorite of the whole series)
8. MGS Collection ported to modern consoles
9. Zelda Collection on Switch
10. All PS2-era Dynasty Warriors Collection remastered/remade for modern consoles

I could go forever but I will stop here

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've wanted a legend of dragoon remake for forever.

Basically the only game I really want remade.

Didnt have a good story or anything, but its always been my most remembered ps1 game.

Last edited:

Zodiark

alt account
Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Demon's Souls. And it's coming.

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Remake.

Legacy of Kain.

A ff3/ff4 tier ff6 remake.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Ports:

Paper Mario: TTYD - One of Nintendo's most critically acclaimed games that's stuck on GameCube and way too expensive.

Final Fantasy Tactics - The most well suited FF for Switch is the one that hasn't happened yet.

Outrun 2 - Greatest arcade racer deserves a definitive HD remastered edition.

Complete remakes:

Vagrant Story - So much potential held back by lazy controls and needlessly obtuse combat mechanics.

Silent Hill 2 - One of the greatest games ever made deserves its Resident Evil 2 Remake moment.

Panzer Dragoon Saga - This should be Sega's biggest blockbuster franchise.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
1. Persona 3 - A PS4/PS5 remaster with both FES and Portable content would be perfect
2. Resident Evil: Code Veronica Remake - probably the worst aged of the classic RE games. The disappointment I felt when a Remake of 4 was rumored instead
3. God Hand - Make it 60fps and it's perfect
4. 3D Zeldas on Switch - I've been dying to play them again but really don't want to dig out my Wii U
5. Viewtiful Joe - For the love of God Capcom, if you're so obsessed with rereleases, rerelease this game.

Ashrak

Most wanted Ports:

Bloodborne for PC
maybe Persona 5 for PC

Most wanted Remasters/Remakes:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VI (true to the original, not the Nomura Fanfiction Shitshow that we have with VII)
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Mass Effect-Trilogy