• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure many more are gaming with the quarantines. At the same, I'm also sure many are abandoning games that are not clicking. I love abandoning games. Not being tied to backlogs and obligations is an amazing thing. If you're not enjoying the game, just abandon it. Yeah, gaming is pricey and it sucks losing out 60 bucks, but think opportunity cost--you can be playing a better game or doing something else than grinding through a chorefest that's not clicking.

Death Stranding

I love Kojima, but I couldn't get into this game. Sadly, as much as I love Kojima, I haven't enjoyed a game of his since MGS4, way back on the triple. I never played P.T. thanks to Konami, so I'm not judging that. Maybe I'll try again, but the gameplay is not compelling.

The Outer Worlds

I got this via GamePass, played the first tutorial planet and it couldn't get its hooks in me. I'm a big Mass Effect 1/2 fan so I was looking for something to scratch that sci-fi RPG itch.

Nov 5, 2017
Jedi: Fallen Order is getting close, however, might just stick with it since I bought it, even though I'm not enjoying it.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
The Blair Witch

Played for almost two hours and wasn't feeling it, then my game glitched and I couldn't progress or do anything really, so I dropped it for good

ReddPool

Nov 30, 2017
Final Fantasy XV

I did the full first map and the fact that you can't really actually drive was a big let down. Also, when I spent 10min to go around a big rock to find the entrance of a place with a chocobo, it was over for me.

Deleted member 3868

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 Remake, I only have two or three chapters to go, but the last 10 hours have been pretty boring, so I'm just going to trade it in.

Nov 3, 2017
Resident Evil 5.
I have had this game on steam for the longest time and wanted to see what it was like and it was not a pleasant experience 🤧

Solid278

Aug 26, 2019
I could not get into This is the Police. I liked the concept, mostly liked the execution, but when I saw that I was only on day 10 (out of 180 I believe?) when it felt like I had played three times that much, I didn't have the energy to continue. Maybe if I didn't have a massive backlog?

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Control didn't captivate me; I couldn't get into the mechanics of Devil May Cry 5; Borderlands 3 had some cringey writing, Animal Crossing loved wasting my time.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
Zelda Breath of the Wild on Wii U. I started to get quite bored after 15 hours. These open worlds Ubisoft style if they are not well built do not hold me.

And also Dragon Quest XI. Boring game. Really monotonous.

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 Remake

I'm pretty sure I have it saved right before the Airbuster fight but that dungeon and the entire bombing mission preceding it just really, really suck. The game feels like it moves at a snail's pace and having already seen all the spoilers I don't know if it even feels worth it to continue. Been on a Civ 6 kick and playing Ace Combat 7 instead.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Witcher 3. It`s always Witcher 3. Can`t stand the fighting and I´m not a fan of traversing in this game.
Also: Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Sector 6 is such a let down.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Shantae and the pirate curse => Boring
Sekiro => Played between 5-10 hours and I got lost / not knowing what to do. Go to vacation for 3 weeks and I was done with it.

I force myself to complete Death Standing => Not worth it

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
FF14

I read so much about how the game can be played alone, and that there is enough story to basically equate to a normal singleplayer FF title.
But after playing for 10h, i just couldn't continue. The gameplay feels unsatisfying to me, and i miss having party members.

Instead went to FF13, completed that game and am now trying to finally complete another game i abandoned for years(FF13-2).

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Doom Eternal- i'm near the part where you obtain the sword. The game forces you to play the same way in every encounter by making you rinse a repeat ways of getting ammo. I'd had enough and got bored.

Resident Evil 2 Remake- Quit once at Mr X. The game goes from being a tense scary game to being a 3rd person action shooter. I didn't like that part and have no interest in carrying on

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Not very recently but I had to give up on 2017's Prey.

The combat was extremely unpleasant (stealth wasn't any better) and the way the world was set up really got on my nerves. I almost never give up on games but after 7ish hours I really couldn't take it anymore.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Witcher 3. I was still in White Orchard.

I don't know what in particular it was.

There were too many systems for to me to bother getting used to for a single player game.

There were too many fetch quests involved in the main story, which made it feel like slow progress.

There was too much "grind to this level" to progress.

Having to pay to repair your weapons regularly? F that.

I couldn't get into the few side quests I tried either.

Combat was meh, below par imo.

I really wanted to love it but I just couldn't get why it was so loved.

I'm really looking forward to Cyberpunk though, despite my dislike of Witcher. The setting is much more interesting to me, and being a first person shooter automatically means the combat will be better. Can't wait.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
DBZ: Kakarot.

I wanted it to be good. I really wanted it to be good. But it's just so janky and boring. It's like they spent their entire budget on the cutscene graphics and then ran out of money like a third of the way through the game and just started downgrading content from full cutscenes to in-engine static scenes or skipping it outright.

Honestly I'm embarrassed for myself that I got tricked by a modern Dragonball game that isn't FighterZ.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Quite a few this month actually:

Gears Tactics - I enjoyed the first couple hours but it got boring for me, I'm not huge into turn-based strategy games

Close to the Sun - game turned out to not be very good, being much more of a horror walking sim w/jump scares rather than the lite immersive sim it was aping the artstyle and world of

Sky: Children of the Light - again, not as good as I hoped it'd be, the things the game asks you to do are not very fun, the controls aren't great, and the multiplayer features are weird

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rage 2 - Got sidetracked in the open world in an area that was way more difficult than I was prepared for and ended up quittig

Metro 2033 - Too Slow

Neir Automata - restarting the game for the 8th time, shuold have lowered the difficulty but was over it.

DMC5 - as someone who hasnt played a game since DMC1 everything from the story to the gameplay was kind of confusing me and didn't really hook me.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Doom Eternal and it breaks my heart.

I'm obsessed with Doom. I love Doom 2016. I have a Doom tattoo. Doom Eternal is such a let down. It's takes the 'combat puzzle' to the extreme and made encounters less dynamic. I feel like I have to play exactly how I'm expected to and can't just relax and have fun like I would in other Dooms. Damn shame.

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 Remastered (Switch) - I'll probably get back to it, but it shows its age and doesn't feel good
Odd World Stranger's Wrath (PC) - So many problems just trying to boot it up and get it working on my PC
Manifold Garden (Apple) - I need to play it on PC or a console, I need a controller
Hot Lava (PC) - Jumped in and out constantly, I just get bored with it and think I'm done

Oct 27, 2017
Pathologic 2. A game that interests me enough that I'd like to deep dive into some long form articles or videos about why it's good, but that I just ended up not wanting to play.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
I am really close to write off Crypt of the Necrodancer because I am incredibly bad at it.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
FF7 Remake. I kinda realized that that style of RPG just might not be my thing anymore. Every time I booted it up I felt that I wasn't actually looking forward to playing it and I was only booting it up out of some weird sense of obligation. After a few times doing that I thought "this is stupid, I only have so much time to play video games so I should play something I actually enjoy."

If I was 10 years younger I think I'd be all over that game though.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Dropped very few games this whole gen, mostly because it's my first gen as an adult and I feel double guilty about the money spent lol

Horizon ZD: was at 20ish hours and already not that much into it, then a shortage fried my PS4 and in no way I was gonna go through that again;
Cuphead: I'm a scrub and simply can't go through most levels, I tried to go back to it but when I noticed that muscle memory was gone I understood that I missed my boat;
Bloodstained: boooring, a friend lent me the game cause I wanted some Castlevania stuff but the movement felt sluggish, the aesthetic generic and in generally I found it pretty uninspired for newcomers;

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 Remake, I only have two or three chapters to go, but the last 10 hours have been pretty boring, so I'm just going to trade it in.

I don't get shit like this if you've played through almost the whole game. The last chapters offer some of the best visuals, a bunch of boss fights, and some of the best series of sound tracks I've ever heard in gaming. Some of chapter 17 can be a drag because of tedious materia management, but the climax and all the highlights have been worth it.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Nier (PS3) - I got the A ending and enjoyed it, but no internet to replay the same five areas over and over to get the rest of the story endings.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get shit like this if you've played through almost the whole game. The last chapters offer some of the best visuals, a bunch of boss fights, and some of the best series of sound tracks I've ever heard in gaming. Some of chapter 17 can be a drag because of tedious materia management, but the climax and all the highlights have been worth it.

I'm at the last boss and have no interest in completing it. I've bailed on last bosses in tons of games cuz they're almost always a chore and not fun.

angel_deamon

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
AC Unity.
Boring

Cuphead
I enjoyed it with my roommate, but I moved to a different city

Blairwitch
Didn't enjoy it

The last of Us
Nice introduction, but boring

Sunset Overdrive
not fun

DeadRising3
same, boring shit

Gears5
I got bored with the same old gameplay, faces, story, big dudes

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I haven't really abandoned Hollow Knight; after 5 hours played and 2 bosses down, I was having quite a lot of fun with it;
-then I lost over 2 k GEO when I died on a corpse run to a platform over some tar pits, and my ghost knocked me over again;
-and THEN I went a different direction, killed a mini-boss and unlocked 2 merchants where I could've spent all that Geo earlier; this stung, so I needed a break; and since then (this was in February) other games just keep popping up and taking priority;
-but I still intend to go back, dammit.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
uncharted 1 played like a hour of it after playoing 2 and 3 recently and my mind become numb to the shooting

persona 5 - Idk i just don't feel like wasting time doing school shit, wish the dungeon started ( 4th dungeon atm ) gave up

Oct 3, 2019
Kingdom Hearts. I saw the collection on sale and figured I'd finally play through the series. I beat Ursula and couldn't do it anymore. The combat and camera are unrefined, there were a lot of annoying sections, and the gummi ship shmup parts and customization are just a waste of time.

Also Pathologic 2. It's a cool concept but it wasn't quite what I was expecting from what I''d heard. Maybe one day when I'm in a different mood I'll give it another shot.