• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
dark souls
dark souls 2
dark souls 3
Past those, haven't replayed many games, or many don't "end" so they can't truly be replayed.
There are other's I've replayed a couple of times. And many I have restarted tons without finishing.

Zutter

Oct 19, 2018
Bioshock
Pokémon Emerald - young me replayed this religiously
Final Fantasy XII
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Graces F - favorite battle system of all time
Dishonored 2 - I've probably played this every year since release
Soul Calibur 2 & 3

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Unless you count doing multiple runs of Phantasy Star Online, it's Ocarina of Time and it isn't close. Dozens of times.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
New Super Mario Bros. U
Halo 3
Mirror's Edge
Resident Evil 5
DOOM 2016
Max Payne 3
Batman: Arkham City

I'll probably never tire of any of them.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fallout: New Vegas
Stalker: Call of Pripyat
FreeSpace 1+2
Raptor: Call of The Shadows
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Fire Red
Driver San Francisco

I'll never get tired of any of these.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I've lost count the amount of times I've replayed the Dead Space trilogy on PC. I would KILL for a remaster of all 3 so I could earn trophies AND achievements for them especially in 4k/60. This generation though it's been RE7 since I platinumed it on PS4 and Xbox One which required beating it multiple times and speed runs etc.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
If we include arcade games, Virtua Racing. Played that for 10 years straight, and got a switch for its port.
In normal single player games, I guess Story of Thor, 6 times.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Must be Suikoden 2 or FF VII.

Honorable mentions:
- Mega Man X
- Crash 1- 3
- Tony Hawk 1 & 2
- Banjo Kazooie
- Super Mario World
- FF X
- Uncharted 2
- Crash Team Racing
- Gothic 2

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's WoW and not even close, and I legit would probably despair if I ever did /played on my main.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
  • Doom ( I have lost count, most replayed game of all time for me)
  • Doom 2 (Close behind Doom. Quite often I just play it right after)
  • Metal Gear Solid (Blew my mind back in the day and I couldn't get enough of it)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 (Quite the quick replay when you skip cutscenes and playing around with all the gameplay possibilities kept it fresh for a while)
  • Max Payne (It was just an amazing looking and playing game on PC when it came out. Offered great replayability because of the constant action)
  • Max Payne 2 (Similar to the first)
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Super Mario World
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Super Metroid
  • Half-Life
  • Hitman (The episodic structure really helped with it being more replayable)

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
Pokemon Fire Red and Emerald - probably over 30 times each although only ~5 times on an actual GBA the rest on emulators with frameskip
Hitman Blood Money - the entire game from start to finish I'd say well over 10 times, some missions I replayed over 25 times
Simpsons Hit & Run - 8-10 times
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - 6-8 times
Bully - 4-5 times

Each replay means start to end credit ofc

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
In alphabetical order:
  • Destiny 1&2 — Well over 1,500 hours across the two games. Made quite a bit of friends with it too! The gunplay is still second to none.
  • Diablo III — I really like the Switch version in particular. You can play it for 5 minutes and still make a little progress. (But play sessions usually balloon to 5+ hours...)
  • Fallout 4 — Tons of hours in this one playing with various mods but also building tons of different things. Survival Mode is still amazing.
  • Fallout New Vegas — I go through it and its DLC once a year. Together they spin what's still one of gaming's greatest narratives.
  • Final Fantasy X — there's just so many ways to play through it and challenge yourself. Also it's just an incredibly solid FF overall.
  • Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask — These two have been getting quite a bit of playtime recently thanks to some incredible randomizers. Both are under active development and they've extended the games' replay value to basically forever.
  • Skyrim — played it for over 1,000 hours so far and still finding new shit. Will probably still be playing it up till when TES6 finally arrives.
  • Team Fortress 2 — Don't play it much anymore but I played/idled the hell out of it way back when. I still occasionally play a quick match.

I'm missing a few obvious ones (it's late), but that's a decent rundown.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Replayed Shadow of the Colossus maybe 5 or more times

Replayed the PS1 Tomb Raider and Crash Bandicoot games maybe over 10 times (moreso the first two Tomb Raiders and first two Crashes)

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
  • Ninja Gaiden Black (I think over 20 playthroughs)
  • Demon's Souls (also over 20, I think)
  • SMTIV (I think seven or eight)
  • RE (original) and RE4 (probably about 10 times a piece)
  • Castlevania DoS (maybe 15 times)
I'm sure there are quite a few others I've replayed a number of times, but those come to mind right now.

Deleted member 59261

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Replayed Mass Effect 1 probably 14-15 times (some of them were rushed runs though). ME2 around six-seven times. I finished ME3 only twice :/. Dragon Age Origins I replayed a couple of times as well, maybe four or five? I've replayed both The Last of Us and The Last of Us Part II five times as well.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Halo original trilogy
Shenmue 1 & 2
Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 4
Sonic MD Trilogy
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Crackdown 1 & 3

Dec 28, 2020
Subcon
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

I play the above games on a yearly basis. Star Fox 64 counts too as I will fire it up a few times throughout the year.

I used to play Secret of Evermore yearly a long time back around the holiday season since my Dad got it for Christmas when it released. I love that game and something about the holidays always drives me to play it again. Just started playing that game on a yearly basis again.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
The Secret of Monkey Island. Dragon Age: Origins. The Mass Effect trilogy(I replayed 1 the most I think?).

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Of single player games, my most played is easily, and by far, Super Smash Bros Melee, the various single player modes. I'm very proud of two accomplishments: beating Very Hard Adventure Mode with a stock of one (for which there is an in-game achievement message). And beating Event Match 51 (vs. GigaBowser, MewTwo, and Ganondorf, 3 lives each) with Link, without dying once. There damn well should be an achievement for that.

After Melee, there are quite a few games that might be my 2nd most replayed.

Zelda 1 & 2
Super Mario Bros
Castlevania
Ghosts n Goblins
Super Metroid
Doom 1
Monkey Ball 1 & 2
Resident Evil 4

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Kirby's Dream Land on Game Boy comes to mind but that's cheating. The game was so short, every game session was basically a playthrough, yet I never got bored of it (still not bored! I could play it forever)

Other mentions :
Zelda Link's Awakening
Pokémon Silver
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
E.V.O
Bahamut Lagoon (stupid, easy, comfy)
Seiken Densetsu 3
Legend of Mana (I've cleared this one a dozen times and yet I feel like I don't really KNOW the game what is this sorcery)
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
SSX On Tour (GameCube AND PSP)
Wii Sports, no kidding, still not bored

And these past two years
Beat Saber
WipEout VR

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
It's definitely RE2. I've beaten that game over 20 times at this point.

I believe I've beaten Ocarina of Time a double digit number of times. Honestly it might be the one game I played through more than RE2. I should be close to double digit playthroughs of FFX at this point. And I replay it usually every 2 years.

I have also gone through every mainline Uncharted game several times. And this topic is timely for me. I just went through BioShock 2 again, and I'm in the process of replaying the entire BioShock/Uncharted series, and am currently going through RE4.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Mass Effect 1. Don't have the exact count but it has to be 50+ playthroughs of varying lengths. I could probably finish it with my eyes closed and recite a decent amount of the script too.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3
Bloodborne

Time sinks:
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV
Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II
Counter Strike

sephiroth7x

Nov 2, 2017
Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid
Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars

Honestly - the above three games I have finished well over fifty times a piece and have done repeatedly, almost yearly, since they came out.

About to go through FFVII again - this time with Mods via the 7th Heaven Modstation and see how it goes.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure Mario games are the only ones I've ever finished more than 5 times each.

Super Mario World maybe 10 times, Super Mario bros 1 probably almost as many. SMB2, SMB3, SML2, Mario64, NSMB, NSMBW and NSMBU probably 5 times each or more.

In recent years, I've played Axiom Verge and Celeste 3-4 times each.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Minecraft (probably restart 40+ times by now)
Sonic3K - every couple of years since its release I'll do a full playthrough. So that's about 26 playthroughs (though probably more considering the different characters)
Doom2016 - prob around 15
Tyrian - around 25

My girlfriend has also played SOR4 through about 10 times now.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The Metal Gear Solids 1, 2, 3 and 4
The GTAs 3, VC, SA and 4
The SSXs 1, Tricky and 3
The Hitmans - 2, Contracts, Blood Money

Those I think are my most replayed. Think the MGS games are like 4 or 5 times each. The GTA games 3 or 4 probably. The SSX is a trickier one, get it, where you can just load up your save and play whatever you want. The Hitman games were replayable until you get Silent Assassin in all missions so they fall into the SSX kind of replayability.
I'd add in Mass Effect 1 - must have played that 5 or 6 times now I think about it. I think it has to be 3 or more playthroughs, for me, so a lot of games I've played twice I'll leave out.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Vagrant Story, gone through it 40 times. Only have the use each weapon type 5000 times and kill each enemy type 5000 titles left. One day.

Cyrus_Saren

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Iowa
Halo series is up there
A Link to the Past
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Suikoden I and II
Final Fantasy Tactics
Ocarina of Time
Mega Man X and X-4
Metal Gear Solid 2.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
i must have replayed The Last of Us 1 and Mass Effect 2 some 5 times each.

then a close second would be The Witcher 3, played it 3 times.

Tawney Bomb

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Super Mario World
Link to the Past
Resident Evil
Diablo 2

didn't have a lot of games growing up, so I just played the same ones a lot.