• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I got a bunch of PS1 Classics on my PS3. Granted, it'll technically be unplugged (HDMI), but I'm keeping it because of the convenience of not having to bother setting up a controller with an emulator.

And I still got a huge PS4 backlog that I need to chip away at.

OP
OP
Jon God

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
I got a bunch of PS1 Classics on my PS3. Granted, it'll technically be unplugged (HDMI), but I'm keeping it because of the convenience of not having to bother setting up a controller with an emulator.

And I still got a huge PS4 backlog that I need to chip away at.

I mean, that's not current gen, but yeah, I am keeping my PS3 plugged in forever, man. MGS is enough to keep me hooked up.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
My TV only has 4 HDMI ports, but I have one of them split into 3 right now to handle all of my consoles and Apple TV.
Right now currently plugged in I have: PS4 Pro, Switch, Xbox One S, Wii U, and Wii (for GC).
Once I fully upgrade for next gen, I will just replace the PS4 Pro with the PS5 and keep the rest the same to play older games (not going for a Series X/S as I can play those games on PC).

Fiddler

Oct 27, 2017
Ps4 is going to stream Ps5 and enhanced Ps4 games right from my living room into my bedroom.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I'm too busy to deal with trying to find someone to buy it off me, or deal with shipping my Xbox One X. I don't want to go to Gamestop. My Best Buy no longer does trade ins. And I have no where to recycle it.

So it's either keep it in the closet, give it to the first person I see, or throw it in the trash.

pure

Jun 18, 2019
Germany
I'm probably keeping my PS4 Pro as a VR machine. Can't be bothered with the camera adaptor and the breakout box for the new PS5.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I mean, that's not current gen, but yeah, I am keeping my PS3 plugged in forever, man. MGS is enough to keep me hooked up.

The GOG versions of MGS1/2 (the latter with V's fix) is pretty incredible and if they can get MGS3 on there, that alone might get me to finally put the damn thing away.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I'm simply too lazy to sell it... Same reason I still have my phat 80 GB PS3 at home even though I haven't touched it since the PS4 came out...

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I hand my old consoles down to family usually. That's how I got into gaming with a hand me down NES so...

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
My 6 year old spilt water on my ps4 controller a couple of weeks ago. I replaced it and now I want to get some use out of the new controller before I replace it.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
PT, and I'll keep using PS4 as a media device. At least until PS5 has the same media apps, like Prime and Blockbuster. I still have PS3 plugged in, as I prefer to watch videos via USB on it.

CamberGreber

Banned
Dec 27, 2019
Dreams on PS4

I dont feel confident that the 800 hrs ive spent creating stuff transfer over.
Im not even convinced that uploading my stuff to the dreamerverse will protect it.

The price of any failure on that front is too high.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I do have 2 non-BC games on my PS4. P.T. and Shadow Complex: Remastered. And I have a couple of Kinect games on Xbox One.

But the real reason I'm keeping them is because I always keep them. It'd be weird if I had a lifetime's worth of consoles and then a whole generation gap just because the next ones were (almost) fully backwards compatible, at long last.

OP
OP
Jon God

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
The GOG versions of MGS1/2 (the latter with V's fix) is pretty incredible and if they can get MGS3 on there, that alone might get me to finally put the damn thing away.

Eh, I'd love to say that's likely, but er.. It's Konami, the only reason 1 and 2 ended up on GOG, is because they were ported to PC back in the day, and they just re-released those versions.

MGS3 and so on weren't so lucky.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I got a digital edition PS5 because it was the only one available so I'll still need the PS4 as a blu ray player. I never sell old consoles anyway, it would have just sat in a cupboard for decades

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Like to get the most of out of my systems and early adopting consoles has always proven a waste with the better deals coming a little later.

Unless there's a trade-in deal somewhere, I'll be keeping them.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
For LAN parties and for plugging the console directly into my router in the basement for streaming to mobile devices.

If not for the former I would have gotten rid of my One S and just kept the One X, but LANs are king... if we can ever have them again.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
None for me personally. I sold my One S AD last month and my Ps4 Pro yesterday. Made me a nice 350 bucks
I'm ready to receive my ps5 next week and build a pc next year.

Old hardware is useless to me, it just takes up space.

picasso

Oct 28, 2017
No reason over here. Traded in my PS4 yesterday (along with a slew of Wii and PS3 games), and financed my PS5 game purchases for at least a year or two. I'm ready!

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Passing XB1X down to daughter, it will be an upgrade to her VCR Xbone. Giving my PS4 to my friend, his kids PS4 quit working. Much better than in GameStops hands.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
None, i'll sell my PS4 Pro, not in any rush too, but in my next clutter clearcut I'll get rid of it.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
In the past, I've sold consoles... only to rebuy them down the road; I've decided I'm just going to keep my consoles for posterity... to have them, maybe display them later in my fictitious game room once I actually own property...

But ultimately... I just like having the hardware.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Can't be arsed selling my OGXB1 but I will have to box it back up and ebay it at some point. I've had to swap out the hdd a few years ago and inadvertantly ripped out the wireless pad controller so it's a wired console now. With a crappy day one controller. Not much value there, tbh.