• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Aug 31, 2019
Honestly, just for them to not fuck it up. Fallout 4 / Fallout 76 have eroded my confidence. If they tread water and just make Skyrim but in a different biome and better graphics that will exceed my expectations at this point.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not saying to take away player agency, but I am saying that every class should be equally viable. Otherwise, we'll have another "I wanted to be a cool mage but I eventually slid back into being a sneak archer" situation.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
User Warned: Port Begging; Moving Forward All Bethesda Games Should be Expected to be Xbox Exclusive
That it comes to PS5, mostly, and full mod support would be very welcome.

I don't want to have to justify a second console around the house. Yikes.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Some more world density is what I'm hoping for. Skyrim already had a lot of interactivity, but I'm also hoping they turn things up to 11 and add some more extra subsystems into the game, or at least expand more on things like Alchemy, Smithing, etc.

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
I want what we're not going to get, ie good writing and deep RPG mechanics. More likely, it will be streamlined to the point of being wafer-thin.

Yes, the glass is half-empty today. :D

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I want to build my character, like a class based system - Skyrim's skill point system was so fast and loose, I want to make hard choices early on that determine my characters skillset.

I want combat to actually be engaging and fun

I want better writing

I want the MC to be non-voiced

nice to haves would be things like the AI for the simulation aspect of the game to be improved and less robotic, bigger and more open cities, and more reasons to actually replay the game - like maybe having some major variance in how the main story can play out.

Oh, and no more fucking Oblivion gates, flying or otherwise

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
User Warned: Port Begging; Moving Forward All Bethesda Games Should be Expected to be Xbox Exclusive
A ps5 version

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
I know it's downright broken and overpowered, but man, I really want them to keep the core stealth gameplay-loop. It's so satisfying to mow through an entire bandit camp, virtually invisible, as the bandits wander around searching for you.

Other than that, I want what basically everyone else wants:
-Improved melee combat
-Improved magic system
-Better writing and dialogs
-Technical improvements with regards to animation and AI
-Bigger cities that feel more alive

And keep what makes TES so captivating: A big emphasis on simulation, player freedom and Bethesdas unmatched sense of exploration and discovery

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Have at least 4 guilds and have the ability to get your own housing like in the Morrowind.

And bring back spells like levitation.

Oct 27, 2017
better be the best looking game in the new gen.. for a few years at least!

better be their LEAST buggiest game they ever made...
4fa5c2cbc1232aa0bb6bf8ed2b06eb21_w200.gif

better be a COMPLETE game without MTX all up in my face.

Characters and a story worth caring about!

better be a single player game i can play OFFLINE!

if it has any of the BULLSHIT as in Fallout 76 ima just forget Bethesda and ES even exist.

MOD-ABLE ON LAUNCH DAY!

ZERO xbox exclusive... better be on pc day one..

this is beths LAST chance for me...

3 years since the announcement teaser...

also don't show us anything until its 6 months out... 1000% announced it 5 years to early

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I hopevut has at least a 200 year time gap from Skyrim and the Thalmor/empire war is at it's final moments.

The Blades should be small in numbers but constantly traveling (like Éomer in Two Towers) looking for the dragonborn bloodline.

Also I hope its friggin weird. Give me weird races to choose from. Incredibly unique locations that arent just castles or small settlements.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Not be rushed to the Head of an Organization 2 quests in. 'Hey, can I join?' 'Sure, deliver these frost salts first and come back to me.' 'Great, now listen. There is a fundamental shift for power happening within and I want you to spearhead the investigation' 2 Quests later, okay it's maybe 4 or 5 but it feels very very short, 'Hey, Guild Master Good Job' Happened in Fallout 4 from what I remember. Meet group, do 1 small task, now fast-tracked to being the most important person who ever breathed at that group. Lacks confidence in writing or something. Or they think we can't follow anything that isn't 1, 2, and 3 Ta-Da! No voiced playable character is a hope too. Actually good magic also. If it could come out on PS5 that would be great too but I highly suspect it won't. You don't buy studios and make them First Party to release 'New' games on competing platforms. It's a good 6 or 7 years out I would think so might miss this Gen lol

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest wish is a seamless open world. No more loading to go into a city or someone's house. No more going into someone's house for them to tell you to leave, only to leave and see them already outside the house.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I hope for a way better combat system.

Combat was by far the worst part of Skyrim.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a simple man; all I ask is that loading screens be severely toned down or removed completely if at all possible. It's really exhausting having to go through a loading screen every time I enter a building or a town.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Built with VR compatibility from the ground up. Skyrim was decent in VR even as a half-assed port, imagine what they could do if they built it alongside the standard game.

Less all around jank would be nice too, but thats probably an even longer shot than a ground-up VR version.

RPG-wise, more Morrowind than Skyrim.

Did Bethesda say they were going back to Daggerfall-like procedurally generated environments? Or was that Starfield?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Long, well thought out guild quest for sure. Maybe it's because I was young but I felt like the ones from Oblivion were next level amazing and the ones from Skyrim really fell flat to me. Specifically the thieves guild one felt really short and lackluster.

Scale of the towns and cities need to be much larger than skyrim. I feel like we've got a ton of really great looking and well scaled cities in open world games since skyrim. Novigrad from the witcher comes to mind, and a bunch of the cities from the new AC games (some better than others).

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
My hopes:
- Killer side quests with decisions that have real impacts on the game world
- Per the above, NPCs acknowledge things you've done -- so you can't join the military if you're a member of the Thieves Guild, or you can't enter a city peacefully if you oppose the leading faction
- Sense of humor. Skyrim is too drab. Oblivion is goofy and weird and I want more of that
- Larger, denser cities. I would prefer one Novigrad-sized hub over several tiny villages
- No player VA
- Bring back spell creation
- More non-combat role-playing (athletics, intelligence, etc.)

My predictions:
- More streamlining
- Better combat
- Fewer choices

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Official Staff Communication
Reminder: Unless announced otherwise by Microsoft all Bethesda games should be expected to be Xbox/PC exclusive. Any attempts to argue this and derail a thread will be actioned as port begging.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
I would like to see a more diverse world of characters. I'd like more PoC NPCs, especially if the game does take place in Hammerfell. Along with that, I would like to see some of the Redguard religions like shrines dedicated to Satakal.

also boats. Can I have ship combat?

PunkSxE

Banned
Apr 9, 2020
I trust Bethesda will deliver another amazing game with TESVI. Specially now that they are part of Microsoft, no more need to keep streamlining it to help with the sales.

Honestly, if they just work a little bit on what was done in Skyrim I'll be a happy man. Improve the combat a little bit, make some bigger cities, better magic... Apart from that, I loved everything about Skyrim so there isn't much I would change

One thing though I would love to see coming back is the ability to climb up buildings/structures like in Daggerfall. It would add so much to the stealth gameplay. Such an amazing mechanic. Climbing up the Sentinel walls at night when the city was closed or climbing up to the second floor of a house to sneak in through the second floor was always fantastic

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
-more cosmetic customization options. I want armor dyes and sword engraving and stuff
-ship exploration and combat. If it really is in Hammerfell, depending on how much of the Illiac Bay is present, this could be a big part of the game
-town building more akin to Sim Settlements in FO4 than the vanilla settlement style of micromanaging
-more ways for towns and small settlements to connect and interact. Basically just expand on the idea behind the lumber mills with Hearthstone; give places a purpose and relevance in the world, and then have those places interact with other places due to that purpose
-changing seasons (this one probably won't happen, but it'd be incredible)

That Jeremy Soule still does the music.
That Jeremy Soule still does the music.
Absolutely not

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want it to set the bar the same way Skyrim did back in 2011. Let's see some truly revolutionary stuff.

In other words, not Fallout 4.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Hopes:
  • Get rid of the POI compass and waypoint markers and bring back the quest journal from Morrowind
  • Make fast travel cool like it was in Morrowind (silt striders, mages guild, boats, spells, etc) instead of just "map click boom"
  • Bring back levetation
  • Make the world smaller but more hand crafted and unique looking (look at the vastly different landscapes of Morrowind)
Predictions:
  • None of the above will happen and they'll find even more ways to over-simplify the game

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Deep in my soul I hope for a new combat system with real weight behind it like Dark Messiah, but that will likely never happen.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Only partial VO please. The game needs more text than you can fit in a subtitle or can justifiably be VO'd en masse. Go back to Morrowind levels of text.

Otherwise.....add flushing toilets pls

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
I'm one of those plebes who would be just fine with Skyrim But Better. I suppose asking for VR implementation would be too much, but Skyrim VR was such a great experience. I don't think I've played longer sessions in any other VR game since.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
- More interesting locale like Morrowind was
- Better guild questlines like Oblivion
- Better combat in general, melee has always felt rather weightless and mediocre.
- Better dungeons, they all felt too samey after you'd been in a few unless it was a main story one.

I'm probably asking for too much though. :(

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I just want it to come out and I don't care if it's basically Skyrim 2.

It's now Duke Nukem Forever in my mind until it releases. It took that game 15 years to come out and we're 10 years on since Skyrim.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I just want it to come out and I don't care if it's basically Skyrim 2.

It's now Duke Nukem Forever in my mind until it releases. It took that game 15 years to come out and we're 10 years on since Skyrim.
DNF was in development on and off that whole time though, TES6 probably is only just in preproduction now and they'll have released 3 other games in that time period. Tbh if this game is gonna have the kind of legs that Skyrim has, I'm okay with waiting ~15 years for it

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
Improve the NPC AI. I want NPCs to have their own goals. Basically I want westworld level AI.

Have the main story progress without the player. Have the player accidentally screw up a villains plan by doing random shit to some NPCs that cause a butterfly effect on his plans. Rob a blacksmith, villain can't buy weapons for his goons, goons are easy pickings. Buy a bank. Villain can't pay his guys. They kill him.

Everything else that isn't that is just the same games we've played for the past 25 years.