• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EQLibriM

Oct 27, 2017
With the 3 year anniversary of the "teaser"(?) coming up, we have yet to see a proper announcement. But we can dream!

What are you guys' expectations or hopes for ES VI?

Personally, I would like to see the removal of leveled scaling for one. I always hated that you would see bandits in full plated armour just running around when you made it to level 20+.

A more robust hunting/fishing system would be neat to (akin to RDR2, although maybe a bit less frustrating). The return of decay of weapons and armour would peak my interest as well.

Lastly I want to see a bit more fleshed out magic system: give me more than just firebolts --> upgraded firebolts --> firestorm. Perhaps better fleshed out magic traps (which would need better AI, but OK). Set enemies on fire and have them running away. Make a fire-wall so you can block off certain parts of the map. Set trees on fire to scare monsters in the dark. Set up a flame perimeter around you so enemies can't get to you. The possibilities are endless. Or at least Bethesda can do better

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
No voiced main character, please for the love of all that is holy, let me keep my blank slate

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Skyrim is one of my favourite games ever but I felt all of the main quest lines were pretty weak and a step down from the best of Oblivion. Combat improvements would be nice but I really hope that the writing gets the biggest boost.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
The main things that I'm hoping for are longer/more interesting guild quest lines and larger cities. I'm replaying Skyrim and while I still love it, the cities are so, so tiny and barren.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
The levelled scaling doesn't removing it just needs adjusting.

It was better than in Oblivion.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
It'll have a VO'd protg and a useless garbage dialogue system like Fallout 4 so I'll fucking hate it

This is my fear as well. I liked my time with Fallout 4 enough to Platinum it/put ~150 hours into it because the basic gameplay loop of kill, loot, explore was improved with better gunplay and it was just also more of it. But the roleplaying aspects took a harsh downgrade and as an RPG specifically, that game is just average.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I would love non terrible melee combat. I would also love better guild quests.

Thieves Guild is particular was a big step down for me compared to Oblivion.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
My hope is that development has actually already begun and it's more than just a few target renders and promotional artwork.

My prediction is that it hasn't.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I hope they use the better cpu power to expand on the "radiant AI" and create something that actually lives up to the hype.

Use the faster streaming performance to eliminate load times abs make going in and out of places seamless.

Make the combat feel more visceral and physical. They improved this a bit with Skyrim but animations are still pretty stiff. It might make me want to play a heavier build instead of stealth-bowing through everything.

Give me all the ray-tracing options on PC. TES is all about immersion for me and this would make it pretty incredible.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
My only ask is that they remove the jank. With them being under MS umbrella now, I'm hoping for great things.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
hopes: it will be good
predictions: it will be bad

they've got a ton of good lore to work from but as usual i fear bad writing and storytelling remains a bethesda trademark

Bartis

Dec 30, 2017
Not too much focus on building, crafting etc but more on the world, quests, and rewarding combat

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
- An engine that doesn't shit the bed
- Better AI
- A better combat system
- More "Actions with consequences"
- Characters that don't look like wax figures
- Mods

Noosa

May 27, 2019
User Warned: Port Begging; Moving Forward All Bethesda Games Should be Expected to be Xbox Exclusive
..... that it comes out on PS5.....

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
What I hope: More choice, player agency, and deep gameplay systems. Actual role-playing.

What I expect: An open world action game with skills tacted on. A shallow game that appeals to the lowest common denominator.

CarolShaw

Feb 14, 2021
Does anyone imagine now with MS on the table things can get better? aside, the game was in production long before MS bought it, but at least don't leave something too shitty on the level that microsoft really has to put its finger in there

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
something that makes me think "wow skyrim was 12 (or whatever it'll be) years ago, this is so much more advanced"

n00bp

Oct 28, 2017
As long as it's still easily moddable I'll be happy. It's the reason I'm still playing Skyrim almost 10 years later, and why Fallout 4 CAN be a great game.

Also, make the voiced player character (it's inevitable) optional

plow

Oct 28, 2017
A good Main-Quest would be a beginning. I haven't played a Bethesda game with a good main quest.
The Side-Quest, world building etc. are one of the best on the market, but the main quests somehow shit the bed every time lol.

Apart from that, Skyrim was a nearly perfect game, if they can build upon it and improve on the gameplay it's fine.

IceburN

Mar 4, 2018
Honestly I'm expecting an all-hands-on-deck approach for TES6, since it would be difficult to reach the level of Skyrim by putting in a mediocre effort. I'm guessing that they will try to incorparate online play into it somehow: one of the biggest features people wanted from Skyrim was co-op play, and I feel like FO76 was them basically laying the groundwork for an online experience. I also think that they will try to capitalize on the DLC market a lot more: it seems ridiculous that a game like Skyrim only had three DLC's, one of which was just home building stuff.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
More interesting dungeons, perhaps a take on the Shadow of Mordor nemesis system? More interesting and varied FP combat (Kingdom Come-lite), some super cool magic that is more fun than FP swords. Oh, and obviously nerfing ranged bow and arrow combat and making stealth a lot harder, but viable.

Quite a feat if they pull all that off.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'd be happy if they just built on how Skyrim was, a new location/story with better graphics and animation, and a whole lot of QoL improvements and new systems added on top.
Skyrim still sells well today, TEN YEARS later, you don't really need to change it up much. People will buy it.

My concerns are they will try and bring stuff from Fallout 4/76 into the game, like a pointlessly voiced protagonist that only detracts from the game, and a new focus on player engagement with daily stuff and currencies to earn.
Actually I'm almost certain that's how we will end up, but I hope I'm wrong.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
+1 for mute character. Also wouldn't mind WAY more in-depth RPG elements. (Diverse builds/classes)

And my hot take; TES of all games could benefit greatly from a VATS type combat system.

Booker Do It

Sep 25, 2018
I want the persuasion wheel back. Thought it added a bit more depth to dialogue when you had to try and get someone on your 'good side'.
Other than that, larger cities, better and longer guild quests and more random encounters in the wild.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Better third person camera option.

Better character animations.

More factions to join.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
My hopes: Much better animation, gameplay that just feels less clunky overall

My predictions: Bugs, bugs, bugs

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
My hope is that it takes after Morrowind. But my expectation is that it continues on the path laid by Oblivion and Skyrim.

The latter games simplified so many things for the sake of accessibility. Level scaling is the worst example of this. Where's the joy in searching any container when you pretty much know it contains a potion, a greatsword, and 30 gold? It's like they picked the scientifically precise amount of loot to make it just worthwhile enough to search. I have no desire to search through dungeons when I know that nearly all the loot is placed algorithmically.

Last edited:

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
No stupid shit like being guild master of two guilds at the same time, or getting promoted after just a few days inside the guild to guildmaster.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I just want a solid underlying (new) engine and access to robust modding (ie, development) tools.

My prediction is we get one of the two but not both: we either get a new engine that's largely locked down and nowhere near the same access to development-side tools for modding it, or we get the same level of modding access but only because we're still using an ancient, barely-functional engine with a few new modules strapped onto it.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Better combat, less cluttered experience in inventory, menu and quests, make it so I don't have to go back to a random town after every single place I visit as my carry limit is bust - the world is so good in Skyrim but the game does its utmost to drag you away from spontaneous exploration at every turn by dragging you back to sell, craft, this thing, that thing.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Characters treat you differently depending on your traits, created character, quests you've done, etc . . . Some should open up new dialogue options, character interactions, or maybe even new questlines and stuff like that. Make me feel like I'm actually a character.

Better movement for combat, plus spells that interact with the environment akin to BOTW.

Some sort of season and weather cycle to mix up the environments.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it goes back more to its roots or at the very least a mixture of the old and new, but just please don't get dumber like F4

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping it to be more dynamic world with systemic design.
Bethesda will most likely go for opposite.

Jun 2, 2019
User Warned: Port Begging; Moving Forward All Bethesda Games Should be Expected to be Xbox Exclusive
Let me marry a vampire girl this time!

Better combat (at least make it look like your hits actually hurt your enemy).

Better graphics.

Bigger world and actual cities.

A well written story.

Your race, actions and choices having consequences (no "I'm the leader of every guild at the same time" nonsense).

A good third person mode. Playing in first person I get motion sickness. Also I want to be able to see my character!

That it comes to PS5 as well, even if I have to wait a year or something. I don't want to have to spend 500€ just to play 1 game.

Last edited:

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I hope the combat won't suck like in previous games, and I hope I won't have to wait for modders to do dev's job.